Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Bitter Pill to Swallow [OPEN]

Zavyra
Weyrfolk

Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:53 pm

Bitter Pill to Swallow [OPEN]

Artoirel bit back a swear as he forced himself from his bed once again when he thought the healers would not notice. He was deeply concerned for his battle mate, his Jitteboth. They had taken their licks in Threadfall battles in the past but this was the most injured either had ever gotten. What enraged him further is it was not even Threadfall that injured them but another rider!

There was a dark part of him that wanted to find the rider that was responsible and give them a through verbal thrashing. But he knew in the end it would not change things... and from the sound of both dragon's pain wails and Jitte's roar of agony as he hit the ground... he was in almost worse shape than Art. The sound haunted him every time he tried to close his eyes and he could take it no longer.

Limping over towards where his proud brown was laying, his injured wing and leg laying limply beside him, it nearly brought his rider to angry tears. Jitteboth was almost like family as much as dragon could be and to see him like this.. it hurt more than he could have imagined.

" Artoirel... you should be resting. You can not recover if you do not. Then what good will we be? The dragon spoke, his eyes opening slightly as his rider approached. He was glad to see him somewhere deep down. While a brave and proud commander of the skies and allies that he fancied himself to be, that fall and the pain actually scared him for once.

" I can endure. I wanted to check on you.. and you know how I hate being bedridden." Art responded as he ran his good hand over his dragon's side, avoiding the injured areas and felt the tears sting his eyes... why was he so weak today?!
Femisis
Weyrling

Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:17 pm

"Do I need to tie you to the bed to keep you in it?" Uryuu asked, unable to keep the irritation out of his voice as he marched over to Artoriel. He understood the need to be with one's injured dragon, but between the injured riders, small injuries among the healers, and his own still throbbing wrist, his patience was shot. "How are you supposed to heal if you're jumping all over the place?"

Do not be angry, he is only worried for Jitteboth. You would do the same if it were me, Frydrykth said soothingly to his rider as he carefully approached Jitteboth. How do you feel? Do you need more numbweed? He asked, gently nudging his brother in greeting. If Jitteboth was in pain Frydrykth would find a dragonhealer. His only fixed humans. Please fix Jitteboth's, I know he would appresiate it.

Uryuu felt his expression soften a bit. He could never deny Frydrykth anything, especially when the Bronze was trying to calm him down as well. I will, don't you worry, He told his dragon. He just needs to cooperate with me. Sighing, he returned his attention to Artoriel. "Your wound is still fresh, if you keep agitating it the bone won't heal properly. You wouldn't want that, correct?"
Fort Weyr
Uryuu of Bronze Frydrykth
Cress of Brown Lumiouth
Shigure of Blue Cyaleth | Tide
Akira of Green Auruth
Trowa of Green Yasogamith
Weyrling Keith of Blue Shinadoth
Candidate Gaelio | Kimaris
High Reaches Weyr
Cesare of Brown Fuuth
Y'su of Blue Brenlosath
V'dar of Green Liralith
Weyrling Izuku of Bronze Xistanorth
Candidate Mineva | Kshatriya
Semaca Weyr
Niriru of Bronze Ziodyneth
Minato of Blue Charoth
Crowe of White Eclith | Lunafreya
Soran of White Qanth | Exia
Karaze of Blue Karask
Zavyra
Weyrfolk

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:51 am

Artoirel outwardly stiffened at the sudden scolding, which did no favors for his injury. " No... I am just concerned for my dragon.. that.. and I feel restless and unproductive just laying in a bed with nothing of value to do." He replied honestly and looked to Jitteboth again as he dashed at his eyes with his good hand. " I can not deny your logic.. I just.. I do not do well staying put... its not a skill of life that I have ever been good with."

Jitteboth grumbled, and like his rider, he was worried for Artoirel.. and despite the circumstances of the injury.. he wondered briefly how the other rider and the dragon that hit him was fairing. He knew he was a large brown and any collision had to have hurt badly. He regarded his brother, feeling the slight twinge of pain as the gentle movement to return the affectionate gesture caused him a bit of pain.

" There is a great deal of pain, however, I will survive, as will my rider. As long as I do not make unneeded movements, I can withstand the pain. I would save numbweed for those whom would need it more." He replied, resting his head on his good foreleg. He looked tired and very concerned as his gaze drifted to his rider.
Femisis
Weyrling

Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:56 pm

"Believe me, I understand. That doesn't change the fact that you are doing both yourself and Jitteboth a disservice by not allowing yourself to heal. How is he supposed to get better if he is worrying about you, hm?" Uryuu had been a healer long enough to learn the tricks to manipulate people back into bed. Having a dragon of his own helped; he'd been in that same position in his younger days after scrapes during weyrlinghood and knew how devotion to one's dragon could get patients to forsking plant their bottom back in bed. "The longer it takes you to heal, the longer you will be unproductive."

Frydrykth snorted and nudged Jitteboth again, very careful of his injuries. Nonsense, there is plenty of numbweed to go around. It is for the injured, and you are injured. No brother of his was going to suffer.
Fort Weyr
Uryuu of Bronze Frydrykth
Cress of Brown Lumiouth
Shigure of Blue Cyaleth | Tide
Akira of Green Auruth
Trowa of Green Yasogamith
Weyrling Keith of Blue Shinadoth
Candidate Gaelio | Kimaris
High Reaches Weyr
Cesare of Brown Fuuth
Y'su of Blue Brenlosath
V'dar of Green Liralith
Weyrling Izuku of Bronze Xistanorth
Candidate Mineva | Kshatriya
Semaca Weyr
Niriru of Bronze Ziodyneth
Minato of Blue Charoth
Crowe of White Eclith | Lunafreya
Soran of White Qanth | Exia
Karaze of Blue Karask
Zavyra
Weyrfolk

Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:47 pm

Art grumbled and sighed. He could not refute the logic. But he was fighting a losing battle and he knew it.He stubbornly limped back over to his bed and sat down. He was also wondering if his brothers had heard what had happened, but did it really matter at this point.

Jitteboth snorted slightly. " Perhaps...a little then...the leg plagues me with discomfort."
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux