Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Turnday Surprise [Shelb]

Tyto
Weyrling

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:42 am

Turnday Surprise [Shelb]

Fidgeting a little in their barely-subdued embarrassment and anxiety, Kylan hovered outside of the infirmary. They'd waited until the bulk of the free day had passed, hoping to catch Kouichi while he wasn't with a patient. They figured Kuzoth was aware of their presence, if only because Logariuth had asked her where her rider was earlier that day, but Kylan hadn't poked their head in just yet.

They took a deep breath, quietly slipping in after someone walked out, keeping a carefully-wrapped package tucked under their uninjured arm. The other was still braced in a sling over their shoulder to keep it elevated. Once they spotted Kouichi, they approached him with quiet resolve, only for said resolve to vanish once they were in front of him. "Hey, Kouichi," they greeted, voice more firm than they felt. "Happy Turnday, I wanted to give you this." So much for firm, as everything came out in a rush. Kylan cleared their throat, then meekly offered him the wrapped package. It had been a long while since they'd given anyone a Turnday gift in person.
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:04 am

Kuzoth was practically chirping in Kouichi's head as he tended to the patient, 'Someone's coming, someone's coming~.'

'With how happy you sound, it's either one of your siblings, or Kylan.' He kind of hoped it was Kylan, but he was always sad around this time of the year. He was one turn older now and he could only wonder about the brother who he no longer got to see when they were kids.

He smiled when he saw Kylan walk in. He waved at the other, "Here for a check up on your arm?" He was admittedly surprised when he received the gift. He blushed a bit before smiling at him, "Thank you, Kylan. It means a lot to me."
Tyto
Weyrling

Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:28 am

"You don't even know what it is yet," they laughed, feeling a bit of their anxiety ebb when he thanked them at the mere receiving of their gift. They'd asked Logariuth to ask Kuzoth about something Kouichi would like or could use, hoping to keep it as much of a surprise as possible for him. Hopefully Kuzoth hadn't told him, but with dragons it was hard to say for sure--they generally had poor memories, so she may have forgotten to keep it quiet if he thought of it between when Logariuth had asked and today.

"Though while I'm here I should probably have you look at that, too. But--you know, later." They waved their uninjured hand dismissively; their arm wasn't important right now. It was still going to be healing in an hour, a day, probably a sevenday.
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:37 pm

Luckily, it seemed Kuzoth had kept her promise, watching as her rider opened the gift and pulled out a pair of riding gloves, 'Ooh, Kouichi, you've been needing a new pair for so long! Your's were about to fall apart!' Kouichi could just tell that his dragon had something to do with it, mostly as she had stopped mentioning replacing his gloves for a while.

He smiled fondly at Kylan, "How did you know my riding gloves were about to fall apart? Thank you so much." He placed the box and the gloves down, moving to give the other a hug. Kuzoth seemed really happy at this in her rider's mind and Kouichi couldn't help, but think she was hopping around in her weyr.
Tyto
Weyrling

Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:27 pm

Kylan felt their face heat up, laughing a little sheepishly as Kouichi hugged them. After a moment, they returned the gesture, even if it was only with one arm thanks to their injury. "W-well, I wanted to get you something as a surprise," they told him, "so I had Logariuth ask Kuzoth if there was anything that you had mentioned wanting or needing." They hadn't done anything negative or harmful, but they did feel a bit bad for sneaking. Even if it was only a little, and only because they wanted it to be a good surprise for him. At least he hadn't been upset by it.

"I like to get my friends Turnday gifts, but Kuzoth mentioned you were especially down this time of year so I was hoping... to maybe get you something you'd really like or could get a lot of use out of. Um." They let their arm fall away, realizing they'd been holding onto him maybe a little too long. "S-sorry. Would you be interested in getting something to eat, too? If not right now, maybe later? I-I don't know when you last ate." They paused. "I might be able get you an extra sweetroll?"
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:10 am

Kouichi chuckled, looking fondly at Kylan, "They're perfect. Exactly what I've been needing." He offered the other a fond smile, moving to grip their hand before hearing Kuzoth chirp excitedly in his head.

'Kylan is so nice to you, Kouichi! You should ask them to be your weyrmate.' Almost immediately, he shot her down, mentioning mentally to the dragon that Kylan deserved a lot better than him. However, the green did not seem to agree with him, arguing back to him.

Kouichi was a bit sad as the arm moved away, but he smiled at the other's question, "I-i'd love to.. I haven't eaten yet today, so it'd be nice to get something to eat.."
Tyto
Weyrling

Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:23 am

It was a little weird, being awkward about asking someone if they wanted to eat with them, but things were. Complicated. Feelings were complicated. Kylan wasn't really sure how to deal with it right now, so for the moment they just weren't thinking about it too much. Logariuth was nice to talk to about it, but he approached things far more forwardly than Kylan was ready for, and it had taken some convincing to avoid having him outright state what his rider's feelings were to either Kuzoth or Kouichi. Kylan would say something, if it ended up being more than just close friends, but when they were ready.

Soon, if they didn't want Logariuth to do it for them. Just not... today.

They grinned happily, glad to be past the slightly-awkward bump in the road they had felt. "Great!" Kylan was thankful for free days, no attempting to juggle their lessons and chores with Kouichi's rider schedule. Taking a few steps toward the door, they turned to make sure he was following before beginning to lead the way.
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:04 pm

If only Kouichi knew the other shared the same worried thoughts he had about his feelings. The other was mentally panicking, as he was afraid of messing something up and ruining his friendship with Kylan. Kuzoth was trying to calm him down, telling him that it was just a lunch and that they would be going as friends.

'As much as you wish it wasn't just being friends~.'

'Kuzoth!' The green seemed to giggle in his mind before smiling faintly at Kylan. He followed them quietly, a faint blush on his cheeks as he watched the other. Kylan truly made him happy.

But he was afraid to tell him the truth.
Tyto
Weyrling

Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:18 pm

Kylan led him rather quietly through the halls, walking at pace with him and ignoring the temptation to reach out and take his hand. They were just friends walking to lunch, after all. It wasn't as if they could use the excuse that he might get lost in a crowd or anything.

Even so, as they reached the dining hall, they turned and smiled at Kouichi. "Do you trust me to get food for you so you can grab a spot to sit or would you rather come with me? I won't be offended if you'd rather pick things out for yourself. It might be easier to get an extra sweetroll if you're with me, too." They continued to smile warmly at him, politely waiting for his answer and hoping that stating they would not be upset or offended would be enough to put him at ease if he were uncomfortable with saying no.
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:09 am

Kouichi smiled a bit as they walked to the dining hall. He really liked walking with the other, feeling calm around Kylan. In fact, he was almost in a daze, smiling as they walked before they arrived and the other spoke.

He snapped back to reality, blushing a bit before nodding, smiling, "I trust you, Kylan. You're a really good friend of mine." Of course, it was more than friendship he felt for the other.

However, he had no idea how they would react. So.. it was just best to keep quiet right now.
Tyto
Weyrling

Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:25 pm

Their smile turned into a grin, trying to ignore the flutter in their chest. It was a weird mix of joy and sadness--he trusted them, enough to say so plainly, but there was a clear reminder of just friends. Pushing it aside for now, they motioned toward the tables. "Go find somewhere you'd like to sit down and I'll bring some food over."

Waiting for him to head off first, they then ventured off to retrieve the promised food items.

Luckily, Kouichi didn't have to wait long. Kylan approached after only a few minutes, placing a plate down in front of him, followed by one beside him for themselves. Then, scurrying off for a moment, they returned again with drinks--and a plate with three sweetrolls, which they placed down beside the initial one in front of him. "Enjoy!"
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:47 pm

'Why did you say you were their friend!? Clearly you care more for them!'

'Because I don't know if they feels the same about me, Kuzoth.' The green dragon gave an annoyed sound as she continued to speak to the other. However, as the other came back, Kouichi smiled at Kylan fondly, "Thank you. This is the perfect turnday meal." He blushed faintly, smiling as he looked at them.

Gods, he really did wish Kylan liked him more than a friend.
Tyto
Weyrling

Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:23 pm

Kylan laughed softly as they moved their plate to sit across from him, figuring it was a little more personable than sitting beside him. It made them seem a little more like they were eating together instead of just beside each other, too.

Even if it wasn't exactly possible in the dining hall to eat at a private table, this was nice enough. "If I had the time to cook something I could probably have made something really nice for you. Maybe once I'm a rider I can try for something like that." That would be quite a while yet, at least another turnday for Kouichi. A lot could happen by then. Maybe he'd end up with a Weyrmate and want to spend it with them...

"I hope it tastes as good as it all looks." Trying not to accidentally sour their mood, they began to eat, not even batting an eye when Beep landed on their head. The firelizard chattered a greeting to Kouichi, then proceeded to steal a piece of meat from his bonded's plate and begin to nibble on it.
ShelbCake
Weyrwoman

Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:53 am

He blushed a bit, smiling gently, "Oh no.. this is perfect. Spending time with someone I love hanging out with is just perfect for me." He quickly realized what he said, moving to eat while looking down.

Meanwhile, Echo was sneaking onto his owner's head, noticing the other flit. He twitched his wings, letting out a squeak to the other before moving to jump onto the table and look at the other flit curiously.
Tyto
Weyrling

Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:05 pm

Kylan had to take a moment when they heard what he said. Don't look too far into it, they chided themselves, trying to swallow down their food without making it obvious that they were choking on it a little. Eyes watering and face red from a mixture of embarrassment and... something else, they cleared their throat quietly a few times, blessedly rescued by Beep deciding that now was the time to chatter loudly at Echo from their shoulder.

Reaching up, they scooped him off their shoulder and planted him down on the table instead, earning an indignant squawk in the process, before he turned and looked at Echo again. Chirping in a friendly manner, he stole another piece of meat that Kylan had nudged off to one side of their plate for him and placed it in front of Echo as a friendly offering.

"I'm glad," Kylan managed after a few moments, pretending to have been watching Beep to make sure the older firelizard didn't try to hurt Kouichi's. "I'll still try for something nicer once I graduate though." With a soft laugh and a lighter redness to their cheeks, they added, "You deserve to get spoiled a little, e-even if it's just once a Turn."
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux