Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Mixed Emotions [Tyto]

ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:21 pm

Mixed Emotions [Tyto]

This Threadfall had been more stressful. While no one had died as far as he knew, he did have thoughts about it as a result.

Kylan.. had kissed him.

He didn't know how to feel, sighing a bit before someone walked in, "Hello, are you here due to Threadfall?" He turned around, only to stare into someone he hadn't seen since he was a child.

"K..kouji?"
Tyto
Wingrider

Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:25 pm

Kouji had spent the few days leading up to Threadfall finding any information he could on Kouichi about where he might be. But then, he'd gotten swept up in the actual act of threadfall preparation and hadn't been able to pursue anything that he'd found. He'd been intending to fly the Fall and get with him afterwards. After the injured had been dealt with.

Little did he know that he'd be one of the ones getting hurt.

Holding a cloth to his head, stopping the bloodflow from the small gash, he fumbled along through the hall. He'd underestimated the toss and the bag had hit him square in the head rather than the chest. It was a mild injury, he was sure, though there were plenty of other symptoms other than the massive lump on his head that warranted him going to the healers.

Making his way into the room, he stopped when the other turned to face him. Oh. What a happy coincidence. "Kouichi," he greeted, though his smile was probably not as noticeable as someone else who just reunited with their long-lost sibling. "Not how I thought this would go," he muttered, leaning against the nearest object as the room swayed.
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:47 pm

Kuzoth could hear Kouichi's mental scream in her head, quickly flapping her wings and flying as fast as she could. Rather quickly, the dragon had her head poking into the room, "Kouichi, are you alright!? I heard you scream in absolute terror in my mind and I was worried you had gotten hurt." She soon looked at Kouji and blinked a bit. Who was this?

Kouichi felt his cheeks turn red and he groaned, "It's more like me screaming in frustration, Kuzoth.. I.. have a lot going through my mind and.." He took a deep breath, looking at his twin, "Kuzoth, meet my brother, Kouji."
Tyto
Wingrider

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:47 pm

Continuing to lean against something--a table, he was pretty sure--he looked back toward the entrance when Kouichi spoke over his shoulder. For a few moments, it seemed he and Kuzoth just opted to look at each other in confusion. Well, that was a first? He'd never known any dragons to squeeze their way into the infirmary. "Kuzoth." The repeat of the dragon's name was more of a grunt than a greeting, but there nonetheless.

Garmth was sitting outside in the Bowl where Kouji had left him, looking mildly concerned--or so much as a dragon could--toward where he knew his rider was being tended. Kouji? I've made some problems. Wobbling over to the nearest chair, he seated himself in it to avoid continuing to lean against the table, pulling the rag off of his head and repositioning it. "I was planning to come talk to you. Just not with a concussion."
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:41 am

Kuzoth blinked and looked at him, "Oh, you must be the brother Kouichi mentioned missing so much! It's a pleasure to meet you!" The small green dragon chirped, bowing her head respectfully.

When Kouichi heard his brother speak, he frowned a bit, "A concussion?" Well, that was a bit troublesome. There wasn't really a lot of ways to treat a concussion except to help with the pain. He turned to make some tea for the other, "Do you prefer mint or chamomile? I can't really treat your concussion, but I can help treat the pain. In fact, all I can really do is keep watch over you otherwise."
Tyto
Wingrider

Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:15 pm

After an uncertain moment or two, Kouji dipped his head politely to the green. "Mint," was his quick answer. Chamomile would probably risk putting him to sleep. Not that he felt like he'd be able to relax enough for something like that. Sleep. Do not risk it, Kouji, Garmth spoke firmly in his mind. I know. "Might want to do something for the cut at least," he replied after a moment, taking the cloth away from his head to look at it. It seemed the bleeding had stopped, at least, but it should probably be cleaned properly instead of with a handkerchief he'd had shoved into his pocket. He couldn't exactly remember if he'd blown his nose in it at any point, and if he had then--well. Gross.

Letting an awkward silence fall between them for a few beats, he finally commented, "So, you're a healer and a rider?"
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:00 am

He nodded, "Of course. Just, the tea takes a while to brew, so I wanted to start it before cleaning your injury." He moved to grab a clean cloth, wetting it in some water before moving to the other. He slowly washed the dried blood off of his head, looking at the wound and trying not to focus on anything other than working.

However, when his brother spoke, he froze and took a deep breath, "Yeah, I ended up being searched as soon as I graduated to journeyman. I didn't expect to impress, but.. as you can see by the green dragon peeking in.. I did." Kuzoth seemed to chirp in response to that.
Tyto
Wingrider

Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:00 pm

Kouji nodded, feeling silly. Of course. Better to have it preparing rather than sit around later. "...Congratulations." It didn't sound sarcastic, he hoped. He was genuinely happy for him, and hopefully it came off that way. "She looks... good." Obviously cared for her rider, too, but nothing had happened to alarm Garmth... not that he was the most affectionate dragon, but he was at least very present. "I have a blue... his name is Garmth." Kouji did indeed intend to meet with you prior to becoming injured, but he did not wish to interrupt you while you were busy.

Another tense silence fell between them as he let Kouichi work on the wound on his head. "Now that I'm here, I've forgotten everything I was planning on saying."
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:55 am

Kouichi chuckled a bit as the dragon spoke in his head, "I'm starting to wonder which of us is the awkward twin now. I'd expect to do that myself, not Kouji." He gave a bit of a wink to his twin before moving to grab some bandages. As he wrapped the injury up, he sighed a bit.

"Oh, I know that feeling. I had a whole speech planned if we ever reunited. I was going to look for you after becoming a journeyman, but.. I got searched instead." He chuckled.
Tyto
Wingrider

Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:45 pm

"You have an important job," he argued gruffly, "Plus, you were always hanging out with that brownrider." Or, weyrling. They still had the knots of a brown. Were they Weyrmates? They seemed to hang out enough. "Not that I've been here long or anything. I wasn't familiar with my wingmates." As if that helped explain his injury at all. Well, actually, maybe it did?

"I kept an ear to the ground once I got Searched," There was no way he'd hear anything while stuck in the Hold, "but it took a long time to hear anything about you from anywhere."
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:48 pm

He blushed as the other mentioned Kylan, looking off to the side and rubbing his arm. Kuzoth giggled a bit, "Kouichi has a crush on Kylan~. He just won't confess it."

"Q-quiet, Kuzoth.." How could he even tell Kylan? Not only was he a couple years older, but he was also a dragonrider already. What if people viewed Kylan badly just for associating with him or dating him?

He couldn't imagine doing anything that could hurt Kylan.
Tyto
Wingrider

Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:55 am

Kouichi couldn't help but snort softly at Kuzoth's blunt admission of her rider's feelings. "Gross," he said with the tiniest hint of amusement. "You should say something, probably." How had they gotten onto this topic, again? Kouji blinked slowly, reaching up to touch his head where it throbbed dully beneath the bandages. There was only so much Kouichi could do about it, though his head was probably going to hurt for a while. "Remind me to judge the distance better next time."
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux