Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Special Delivery [Merry]

ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:36 pm

Special Delivery [Merry]

Eclipsa had been uninjured during Threadfall, much to her and Eclipsk's relief. However, she had seen that some of her fellow Dawn Squad members had gotten injured. She felt it would be nice to bring them soup.

Holding a pot of vegetable soup on Eclipsk's back as they headed to the infirmary, she looked around until she founds Nevlim's room. She knocked on the door quietly before opening the door, "Hey, Nevlim. I hope you don't mind, but I decided to bring you some soup." The older woman offered a kind smile, the green wher nodding beside her.
memerina
Wingrider

Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:09 pm

As she lay in her bed, trying to get comfortable despite her broken hip, Nevlim allowed entrance to whoever was knocking. "'Ey, come in." The wher, sat next to her, kept a close eye out, hoping it wasn't anyone dangerous. You seem awfully chipper. Considerin' you just busted your hip.
"They said it'd recover, relaaaax." It was true, she wasn't too pressed about it, despite the pain. These things happen in Threadfall, she knew this - even though, when she was younger, she thought these things only happen to dragonriders, whers are fine, right? That was, evidently, not the case.

As Eclipsa entered, she smiled at the greenhandler. She was a kind, motherly woman, thus it was a good sign to see her right now. "Hey, Eclipsa. 'Course I don't mind, I'm always down for soup." She reached her hands out towards the bowl of soup, trying not to move the lower half of her body too much. The pain was still excruciating, and she didn't wanna make it worse. "...Might need a little help."
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:49 pm

"Oh, of course!" Eclipsa smiled, walking up to her and placing the soup beside her, "Do you need my help to sit up?" The greenhandler offered her hand to the other with a faint smile. Eclipsk looked at them before moving to place the pot of stew on the ground. She wasn't opposed to carrying it while they walked, but she didn't want to if they were standing still.

Still, the wher had to think about how lucky the two were to be uninjured during Threadfall. A lot of riders and handlers had gotten injured and Nevlim was one of them. She couldn't imagine being held up in her weyr, especially if a traveling market came through.
memerina
Wingrider

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:19 pm

"Nah, I'll be good for gettin' up. Thanks for askin', though." As Nevlim tried to get up, she realised she'd misunderstood, slightly. She couldn't properly get up, as best she tried. Evlisk, sat at the side of the bed, shook his head. Needs help getting up. The handler paused. "...Alright, not to be a pain an' all but I need a bit o' help gettin' up. If ya don't mind, that is!"

The soup smelt amazing and she couldn't wait to eat it, but she had to think about some stuff, in that bed. The healers told her she'd recover in a few months or so, luckily enough. This may not have been the case for others, which she was always quick to realise come Threadfall. "Anyone out there get real done in by Thread? Anyone lose a leg or somethin'?"
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:57 pm

"Alrighty, then." Eclipsa put the bowl on the table, moving to grab the other's arms to help pull her up, "Now, tell me if I accidentally hurt you. I don't want to cause you any additional injuries." As the other asked if there were any worse injuries, she sighed a bit and nodded.

"No one in the squads ended up with a permanent injury, but we had three very dangerous ones. A green dragon in the Healer's Wing was grounded from her injuries. A rider in Eclipse was hit with a flaming clump of Thread. The scarring wasn't so bad, but from what I heard, she may not be able to see again from that eye. Someone in Twilight ended up having their leg crushed by their dragon, so they'll likely need to use clutches to walk again." The green wherhandler sighed, looking at the other in worry before moving to bring her the soup.

"Even so, we should be happy no one was killed." She smiled.
memerina
Wingrider

Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:41 pm

Nevlim sat up, looking at Eclipsa. "Huh, really?!" She took a spoonful of her soup, blowing on it first, to assure it wasn't so hot it'd burn her mouth off. Not that someone like Eclipsa would dare serve soup that would burn someone's mouth off anyway! "Yeah, 's good that nobody died. Usually Thread starts killin' people left right an' centre."

Nobody died this time. Unlike her mother, some turns ago, but she wasn't going to say that. Not right at this moment. Evlisk gave his handler a look, as the realisation dawned on her. She was very lucky not to share her same fate. Quick, change the subject. Don't pause for too long. Don't even spare it a THOUGHT, were the words cycling through her mind. Evlisk's grizzled voice interrupted. Compliment soup. Soup good.

"...Damn, this soup is good."
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:02 pm

Eclipsa nodded. Her eyes did darken a bit as the other mentioned no one had died. Eclipsa was silent as she remembered an old friend of her's, back when they were in Telgar Weyr. She had been older than Eclipsa and Globgor, but they had been wher candidates at the same time, even when Eclipsa had been a dual candidate.

Though she did not show it often, it did hurt remembering the other's untimely accident. Thread had been terrible that year and she had been killed. She knew it had been hard on herself and Globgor, but she couldn't imagine the amount of pain Nevlim had gone through.

That had been her mother. The original handler to Evlisk.

As the other mentioned the soup, Eclipsa nodded with a smile, "I'm glad you like it. Globgor and I both only eat vegetables, so I like to use a variety of spices to make it taste as good as it does."
memerina
Wingrider

Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:33 am

"Globgor? That yer weyrmate?" It sounded more like a firelizard name, but Nevlim wasn't going to say that, just in case Globgor was her weyrmate. She took another sip of the soup, before looking towards Eclipsa. "I can taste the spices an' the veggies in here. Yer a good chef."

Evlisk knew what had happened. He watched his original handler die. He saw the whole thing. He was jaded, he will never forget what happened. But, he accepted that it had been turns. He'd moved on, but he'd never forget her. Food for whers, Eclipsa? He didn't want to get deep into it.
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:46 am

Eclipsa nodded and soon turned to the brown wher, "Of course. Eclipsk went hunting earlier to bring some meat for whers who were injured during the last threadfall." She removed a small wherry from the bag she had on her back, offering it to him. "Here you go~."

Eclipsk snorted, "Eclipsk hunt hard provide food." She seemed to have a prideful tone in her voice, looking at the brown wher.
memerina
Wingrider

Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:04 am

"You're right!" Nevlim nodded, addressing the wher. "Eclipsk do hunt hard!" She took another sip of her soup. "Man, Eclipsa, you're really on top of yourself, huh? You musta been doing stuff like this for ages. 'S like you're cut out for the job."

Meanwhile, Evlisk took the wherry from Eclipsk. Thank. Food good. He chowed down on that wherry, he must've been hungry. "Yer wher's good for huntin' too. Mine's a lazy bastard..." Evlisk huffed. He couldn't really argue.
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:57 pm

Eclipsa blinked as the compliment and chuckled, "Well, I certainly appreciate you saying that. I'm actually a mother of two." She had a soft smile on her face. She had fond memories of taking care of her oldest daughter while her father worked as a wherhandler while Eclipsa took a break to raise Festivia.

"I always believed cooking and caring for other are skills you needed to learn, even if you wished to become a candidate. My father and uncle agreed with me as well." Eclipsk snorted, nodding quietly as the other spoke.
memerina
Wingrider

Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:17 pm

"Whaaat? Ya got kids?!" Nevlim wasn't sure why she was surprised, Eclipsa seemed exactly like the kind of person who'd have kids. She was motherly, gentle, and nurturing. Of course she has kids. "Two of 'em! Never wanted any myself. Already got a whole wher to look after."

She listened to what the greenhandler had to say, but she had to disagree. "Sure, cookin' and all that stuff's great, but the only others I plan on carin' for are whers. Ya feel?"
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux