Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Everything's The Worst [Galaxy]

nineofswords
Weyrwoman

Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:00 pm
  • Link

Everything's The Worst [Galaxy]

Ronnie was not in the best mood. She hadn't been sleeping well - absolutely no idea why, she was just having a hard time of it - and as a result was sleep deprived and a bit grumpy. It didn't help that her shift that evening had been during a frigid rain that left her soaked and muddy halfway up her thighs. She was tired and a little sore, but she needed to eat something before she hit the baths because she was probably going to pass out halfway through it.

She sat at the table, picking at her food, not looking her particular best. She turned to the wherhandler next to her - not a member of her squad - and said "Do you ever feel like the universe is out to get you? I have been having just the worst few days."
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Wherling Ennis of Green Ennisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Weyrling Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
GalaxyMir
Weyrfolk

Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:36 pm
  • Link

The day has been long. Too long for Moriarty’s liking , but nonetheless a day was a day and it was her responsibility as a handler to carry on. A terrible cold had grown upon her , settling deep into her bones after working endlessly under pouring rain. One would think spring would put an end to these showers , and one would be quite wrong. Longing to warm herself up, Moriarty found herself around a table with many handlers , Dusk and Dawn squad alike. She rolled the mug of klah mindlessly between her hands, listening to the hum of conversation.

”Trust me, the universe is always out to get us. You’re not alone there” Moriarty nodded , sipping her klah , blowing on the rising steam. She was not quite acquainted with handlers from the other squad , and did not know this wherhandler by name. ”What has been plaguing you?”
nineofswords
Weyrwoman

Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:38 pm
  • Link

Ronnie let out a chuckle. "I certainly wouldn't say that it's always out to get us," Ronnie said. "But some days it certainly makes one want to believe the universe is deliberately targeting one."

Ronnie was having stew to try to warm up her insides. She was trying not to slurp it in an unladylike fashion, but...well, she was just trying to get as warm as possible as quickly as possible. She quickly wiped at her mouth when the other wherhandler directed a question at her. "Oh...sorry about that. Well...I don't usually like to complain, but since you're asking, I haven't been sleeping terribly well, and everything's always so much worse when you're not well rested. This rain certainly isn't helping either and...well, between you and me," she said, leaning towards Moriarty conspiratorily. "I think that time of the month is just around the corner, if you catch my meaning, and it also just makes everything all that much worse."

She rubbed her forehead. "I know this will pass, but Faranth, I do wish it would pass slightly faster." Ronnie turned back to the garnet handler. "But you seemed rather enthusiastic in agreeing with me. What ails you, my friend?"
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
High Reaches
Barca of Brown Brynth
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
GalaxyMir
Weyrfolk

Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:48 pm
  • Link

Moriarty nodded , smiling a tad bit allowing herself to relax in the company of another woman. “Well you see i always believed the universe had something against me”

Hearing Ronnie make those… terrible noises had Moriarty shoot her a judging side eye. She would understand having no manners but didn’t being a handler in a Weyr demanded having some sort of table side manners? Moriarty tutted to herself, it seemed the Weyr was going down in prestige. Nevertheless, she carried on listening to her company. “Shards… I tell you…” She suddenly stopped mid sentence, for lack of her acquaintance’s name”Living in these conditions just ain’t fair, one cannot function to the best of their ability! Damn this rain, it’s been days on end like this. My wher loves it, well. She’d love it even if it was raining felines and canines!”

She took a quick sip of her klah, letting out a soft ahhh~ as she did. Placing the cup down , hands wrapped against the warm sides again . ”It somehow always arrives during the worst possible time! If you’re in need of any thick warm blankets don’t hesitate to ask, the cold makes me feel worse”

Moriarty uttered a small laugh. It always seemed like something annoyed her but for the moment it was the lesser of it all. She opened her mouth to reply to the handler, to confide in her a small issue. They didn’t even know eachothers name! She gave Ronica a good up-and-down glance, then decided to confide in her, shuffling closer. ”You see, it’s a lot, I hail from High Reaches originally. However that’s a story for another day, my beloved Riask and my mother have banded together to find me a man to keep me happy! No man I’ve met has a spine! They all infuriate me! Tell me are all men fools or am I just unlucky?”
nineofswords
Weyrwoman

Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:56 pm
  • Link

Ronnie personally didn't see much point in being a pessimist, in believing the universe was constantly out to get her. But that was her own mindset. She could certainly put herself into another person's shoes easily enough. "I suppose that's a better way of looking at things than just trusting things will go right for you," she said. "Harder to be disappointed that way. There is a realism to it, in its own way."

Ronnie caught Moriarty's judgemental look. She blushed. "I'm sorry," she said again. "I swear, this rain has seeped all the way down into my bones and I'm dead on my feet. I'm going to the baths after this, but I'm trying to get there before I actually fall asleep. I don't normally eat so indelicately." Ronnie's manners were usually much better than this, but...well, exhaustion made people sloppy. And most weyrfolk didn't seem to care much.

Ronnie smiled, recognizing a grasping trail-off for want of a thing to call someone. "Ronnie," she said, by way of introduction. "It really is intolerable," Ronnie agreed wholeheartedly in response to the rain, but laughed at the description of the wher in question. "Are you sure she's really a wher and not some acquatic creature in disguise?" she joked.

"Oh I know what you mean," Ronnie said, at Moriarty's commiserating. "I have extra quilts tucked up in places in my weyr for when it hits. Otherwise Onisk will take them to make a nest out of them, the silly creature. But yes, it does always strike when it's absolutely least convenient for it to do so."

Seeing the garnethandler come closer, Ronnie leaned in as well. Ronnie let out an indignant gasp when Moriarty said what was bothering her. "They are not," Ronnie said. "My parents consistently tried to do the same to me back at Fort Hold! You think the men in the Weyr are spineless? At least they go out and risk their lives to fight thread on a regular basis. Holdbred boys all fancy themselves as good as bronzeriders, but when the going gets tough they are the first to get going." She shook her head disappointedly. "But it's not just you, I have yet to meet a single man in this Weyr who's everything I'm looking for. Which is why I've told myself not to bother settling for just one unless he's actually perfect."
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
High Reaches
Barca of Brown Brynth
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux