Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Beauty and the Bust [Nine]

FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Mon May 13, 2024 2:32 pm
  • Link

Beauty and the Bust [Nine]

Elvira made her way through the dining hall, scanning for a place to sit. She was self-assured where she could sit at any table and get through a conversation with its occupants, but it didn’t mean that the people she sat with would necessarily have anything of interest to say. Though she wasn’t normally one to judge by appearances, she was looking for someone who at least looked interesting to talk to. And then she spotted her. Or perhaps him. Regardless, this person was absolutely stunning, with fabulous makeup, and Elvira needed to met her now.

She quickly sauntered through the crowd and held her hand out in greeting. "Well hello, darling. I don’t think we’ve met. I’m Elvira, and goodness do I need to know how you do your look. You’re stunning, so much more interesting than the rest of the riff raff that keeps falling on the doorstep here."
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Wed May 15, 2024 11:26 am
  • Link

For once, G'las found himself absolutely lacking in a companion for her meal, and it was absolutely dull. He was seriously considering just taking her glass of wine and plate back up to his room to do paperwork when an absolutely stunning woman came up to her.

"Well hello yourself," G'las said. "Always a pleasure to meet a fellow greenrider who cares about her appearance." He tossed his hair and gestured to an empty space across from her. "Please join me. I'd love to swap makeup tips." He smiled. "And some of those riff raff are in my wing. You would not believe how some people present themselves first thing in the morning. No care for what kind of impression they're making."
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Wherling Ennis of Green Ennisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Weyrling Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Wed May 22, 2024 2:44 pm
  • Link

Elivra let out a delighted hum and took the seat offered to her. ”Really though!” She agreed. ”You wouldn’t even find me dead without my makeup on. How some of these folks can crawl out of their weyrs looking like curdled milk on a hot day is beyond me.”

She took a small slip of klah, completely unbothered by the gross image she herself had conjured. She was pleased with herself that she had spotted a companion who was so willing to not only discuss makeup, but seemed to enjoy a bit of catty gossip. Elvira was always on the lookout for someone who shared her sensibilities and love of interpersonal drama.

”Oh, I’m Elvira by they way,” she said, holding out a hand daintily towards her meal partner. ”Charmed, I’m sure.”
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Tue May 28, 2024 11:12 am
  • Link

G'las's expression was absolutely delighted at Elivra's description. "Oh, you are going to be fun," she said. "I hate to speak ill of the dead, but when that's hope people insist on looking, it's hard to keep my thoughts to myself. But one has to be professional and can't simply say such things when they're a wingsecond."

He just as daintily took her fellow greenrider's hand in greeting. "I'm G'las," he said. "Absolutely wonderful to meet you, Elvira, my dear."
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
High Reaches
Barca of Brown Brynth
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Thu May 30, 2024 2:44 pm
  • Link

Elvira gently took her hand from G'las' and tucked into her meal. "It's wonderful to meet you too. And don't worry, I can say enough for the both of us," she said with a playful wink. "But if you did want to say anything, nobody has to know who said it." She gave her a devilish grin. "That's the beauty of being a Harper, you spend so much time with all these different texts and stories, it can get quite difficult to remember where a particular rumor came from. At least, that's what I tell most folks, and they seem to buy it."
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:58 pm
  • Link

G'las took her cues from Elvira and began to eat when the other woman did. "I'll be delighted to hear any and every criticism you care to share, my dear," he said with an expression like the feline who'd just gotten into the cream.

She matched Elvira's grin. "Well in that case, darling, I wonder if you hold your alcohol as well as you hold your secrets? I have a fabulous vintage of Benden wine I've been waiting to share with a similarly minded individual. I know it's still not terribly in fashion to drink Benden wine here at Fort, but you cannot deny that their vintners know how to make an excellent blend."
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
High Reaches
Barca of Brown Brynth
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:34 pm
  • Link

”Oh that just sounds wonderful Elvira said, flopping her hand at the wrist in a playful way. ”Those Benden folks might have terrible politics, but you’re right, they do make a fine bit of booze. I’d say I can hold my alcohol well, but don’t you know it, I always finish the darn glass before my grip can be properly measured.”

Elvira looked around, seeing if anyone was listening into their conversation, then leaned in closely to G’las. ”You know why the wine here stinks so bad? The vintners don’t clean the cellars properly, so I’ve heard. They find something unseemly? They just push it out of sight, so the funk just builds up. They think it adds ‘body’ to the wine, but I think it just makes an already terrible product worse.” She leaned back and stuck her tongue out in an exaggerated face. ”I believe it, the wine here didn’t used to be nearly as bad. Back when the old head vintner was in charge the stuff was palatable.”
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:28 pm
  • Link

"Yes, politics is one thing, but their ability to make the finer things in life is quite another," G'las agreed. He gave a delighted little titter at Elvira's turn of phrase for how she handled her liquor. "I absolutely know how that goes," she agreed. "I try to be responsible and only ever drink the one glass, but whenever I drink with people, it's the darnedest thing? The glass never seems to get empty, no matter how much I drink. It's like magic."

He glanced around when Elvira did and leaned close, sensing some gossip coming. Her eyes went wide at the information, and he shook his head in disappointment. "It's unforgivable to let the wine taste that bad just because you're too lazy to clean up," she said.

He pointed at Elvira with a fork. "They way I've heard it, the old vintner who supposedly left to go spend more time with his grandchildren? His replacement paid several people to put pressure on the old man to leave so he could take over. And of course the new one is a cousin to a Lord Holder, and the Master Vintners at the craft hall are trying to curry favor with said Lord Holder to boost wine sales, which is the only reason the new one was even given a mastery title in the first place."
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
High Reaches
Barca of Brown Brynth
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux