Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Squadmate Luncheon [Ageno]

nineofswords
Weyrwoman

Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:39 am
  • Link

Squadmate Luncheon [Ageno]

The first half of Dawn Squad's shift was over. They'd worked hard, as they always did, and Ronnie felt rather pleased. She made a point of trying to have a meal with her fellows, just so she could get to know them a little better outside of work. Today, she'd invited Ginny to join her in the dining hall for their midday meal. Midnight meal? Even after turns of being a wherhandler, Ronica still wasn't sure which terms were the best to use regarding the activities of the nocturnal denizens of the Weyr.

Ronnie grabbed some food and a table. Honestly, she never knew if any of the squadmates she invited would actually take her up on her offer to eat meals with her, and she had been stood up more than a few times. But she had high hopes for Ginny. Although perhaps that was wishful thinking. She seemed like the sort of person Ronica could really get along with, and she did hope they'd become friends.

While she waited, Ronnie started half humming, half singing to herself as she daintily picked at her food and people-watched.
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Wherling Ennis of Green Ennisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Weyrling Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
Agenothree
Peacekeeper

Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:24 pm
  • Link

Ginny had to work hard to keep from looking nervous, a small frown pulling at her face in her worry. Through squad activities, she had grown steadily more aware of Ronica, finding her to be a valuable squadmate whom she appreciated, but she was quite surprised to find an invitation being extended to her to take a midday meal together. It was midnight, well into night for everyone else who wasn't a wherhandler, but that wasn't what was most important. What was important was making a good first impression. Ronnie was someone she hoped would come to like her; her invitation seemed a good start! Ginny do great! Iniask encouraged in her mind, causing Ginny to smile to herself. It was a much better look than a frown, especially as she spotted Ronica where she was seated, slowly working on her food while she waited. Ginny lifted a hand in greeting as she mirrored Ronica's initiative and hurried to get herself some food too, moving to sit down across her once she'd acquired what she wanted. "I'm here," she reassured Ronnie, unless that was Ginny reassuring herself? It was hard to tell, but she was definitely addressing Ronnie as she went on, managing a small smile as she spoke. "Sorry that I'm late, but thank you for inviting me, Ronica."
nineofswords
Weyrwoman

Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:28 pm
  • Link

Ronica saw Ginny arrive, saw the hand lifted in greeting, and offered the other woman a wave in return as she rushed off to get food. Excellent! Some good company and a chance to get to know a squadmate better.

"And I'm very happy to see that you are!" Ronnie said, giving Ginny a bright smile when she had her food and came to sit down.

"Oh perish the thought, you aren't late at all!" Ronnie assured Ginny. "I presumed you had some task or other that needed your attention before you could come join me to relax. There's only so many candlemarks in a day, after all, and so very many things to do in them."

She laced her fingers together under her chin. "I'm pleased you were willing to join me! I love getting to know my squadmates better in our downtime. I find it makes me a better teammate. I know not everyone tends to feel the way I do about it, and I do try to respect that, but it's alwasy perfectly lovely to have friends among those you spend most of your day around, don't you think?"

"I'm always so curious how people ended up with their bonds," she said. "There's so many different ways one can bond to a wher, after all. It's part of the fun of them. For instance, my Onisk was a gift from my parents. They had an...odd sense of what a young woman would want, but Onisk is absolutely the best thing to happen to me, hands down. What about you? Your green is Iniask, have I remembered that right? How did you two come to be bonded?"
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Wherling Ennis of Green Ennisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Weyrling Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux