Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Table for Two [Shadon]

FirebrandPhlox
Weyrling

Mon Oct 21, 2024 10:45 am
  • Link

Table for Two [Shadon]

M'lcolm sauntered through the dining hall, looking for a place to sit. No matter the weyr, it seemed like every place that called riders and dragons home was also the home of crowded eating facilities. Breakfast and dinner especially were rife with overpopulation, as they had to share the space with wherhandlers on their opposite schedules.

Spotting an open seat, M'lcolm made headway over to it. Sitting opposite the vacant chair was a young rider, a woman, who seemed to be eating alone. He approached her, putting on the most dazzling grin he could muster. "Um, excuse me? Miss? Is, perchance, this seat open? I've been searching all over for a place to eat my dinner, and this is the only spot I've managed to find that isn't currently occupied. I'd like to eat my dinner before it's as cold as the, er, winter's wind. Would it be alright if I joined you this fine evening?"
Shadon
Newcomer

Mon Oct 21, 2024 5:23 pm
  • Link

Allina pushed a vegetable around her plate, trying to figure out what it was. She was sure it would taste good if she could actually bring herself to eat it, but being unable to actually identify it was making her really not want to do that. She knew that she was behaving childishly though and should probably just eat it. And yet...

A man's voice cut through her contemplation of the Mystery Vegetable, and Allina looked up in surprise. She hadn't even noticed him approaching, she'd been so engrossed in her food. Now, her attention was fully on him and his enchanting smile, though. "Oh, hi! Yeah, the seat's open, feel free to sit. Have we met? I don't think we have, but I'm not the best with any names. Not that I think I got your name yet. But your face doesn't look familiar, either. Oh, um, not that your face is, uh- not that I wouldn't remember your face!" Allina said awkwardly, waving her hands to try and wave the words away. Somehow. "All that is to say...I'm Allina of Brown Donnelith. And you are?"
Fort Weyr
Allina of Brown Donnelith
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrling

Tue Oct 22, 2024 1:16 pm
  • Link

M'lcolm chuckled as he slid into the seat opposite of Allina. She was clearly flustered."Don't worry, I don't bite. Well, uh, not people anyway. I will be biting into this food, now that I have a seat in this packed room." To make his point, he began eating his dinner, though not too quickly so he could make polite conversation with the younger rider.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, uh, Allina. I'm M'lcolm of bronze Burranth. Don't fret your little head too much. I'm still pretty new here. I transferred from Telgar just, er, this past autumn. I'm still adjusting to life here. It's almost the same, but just different enough that it doesn't feel like home quite yet." He took another bite of his meal, looking over Allina. She was definitely too young for him, but he could at least enjoy a pleasant chat. "So, ah, is this where you're from, or are you a transfer too?"
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux