Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Candidate Costanza

FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:33 pm
  • Link

Candidate Costanza

COSTANZA
"It's not a lie if you believe it."
-George Costanza, Seinfeld
"Please, a little respect, for I am Costanza, Lord of the Idiots"
-George Costanza, Seinfeld

BASICS

NAME: Costanza
PRONOUNS: he/him/his
ORIENTATION: Heterosexual (though there was that one time he wasn't so sure of that)

BIRTHDATE: Mid-Winter, 2747
OCCUPATION: Candidate. Has previously attempted apprenticeships in Farmercraft, Vintercraft, Smithcraft, and Seacraft, but all have ended in failure.
WING: N/A

APPEARANCE
EYES: Brown
HAIR: Dark brown. Kept short, and balding on the top
HEIGHT AND BUILD: 5'8". A little short and stocky
PLAY-BY: Jason Alexander
EXPY SOURCE: George Costanza (Seinfeld)
FULL APPEARANCE: Costanza is stocky man with a rather unremarkable appearance. He wears plain clothes that aren't particularly flattering, and is self-conscious of his bald spot. despite his balding head, he has an impressive amount of body hair. He's of average strength, and not particularly quick or flexible. He wears large corrective lenses on his face, and is largely unable to see without them. His face is as plain as his clothing.

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY: Physically unremarkable, Costanza is an anxious, self-conscious, and neurotic man. He spirals over his flaws, and fixates on minor things to the point of working himself into hysterics. Lazy and childish, he often searches for elaborate means to avoid doing the tasks asked of him, even if it ends up being more work than it would have to just address the task head on in the first place.

Costanza is desperate for approval, and often boasts about his accomplishments. In cases where he has nothing to boast about, he'll lie to make himself seem more impressive. He tends to get caught up in his own lies, and finds himself in undesirable situations often, especially if his lies were crafted to impress a woman. While caught up in his own deceptions, he can come off as confident, and even charming in rare occasions.

Despite the flaws, Costanza is loyal to his friends, and will help them in times of need. He is also capable of feats of immense bravery (though more often than not, this is the result of him trying to upkeep an elaborate facade).

HISTORY
FAMILY:
Father: Frank
Mother: Estelle
SIGNIFICANT OTHER: N/A
BIRTHPLACE: Ista Weyr
HISTORY: Costanza was born and raised in Ista Weyr, and is familiar with life inside a Weyr. He lived a relatively comfortable life, though was under constant pressure and scrutiny from his parents and various authority figures in his life to achieve greatness.

In his attempts to please them, he's tried various crafts to disastrous results. He started in an apprenticeship in Farmercraft, but was kicked out after he failed to properly tend to a patch of crops. He tried his hand at Vintercraft next, but failed to properly distill a batch of strong spirits, leading at least one person to partial blindness. An attempt at apprenticing for a blacksmith ended with the forge ruined beyond repair. Most recently, he applied to be a sailor, but quickly found himself susceptible to sea-sickness.

After all these failed attempts and mounting pressure to make something of himself, Costanza decided to move to Fort Weyr in hopes of a fresh start without the scrutiny of his elders. He hopes he can find a vocation that won't require too much work, but who knows what sort of predicaments his mouth will lead him to. He has recently arrived in Fort Weyr, ready to make a fresh start at his new life.
Last edited by FirebrandPhlox on Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:33 pm
  • Link

IC Information
What type of candidate is your character: Dragon

What color/s does your character want?: Green or Blue
Does your character have any personality preferences or concerns?: Costanza would prefer a dragon that's on the same page as him, happy to be a grunt, no aspirations of leadership or greatness.
Does your character have any other preferences or concerns?: Costanza is worried he won't impress on a dragon at all. He's also worried if he does impress, that his dragon won't like him. Or he won't like the dragon. There's also the risk that the dragon is a go-getter or a natural born leader, which wouldn't mesh well with Costanza.

OOC Information
If your character is a dual candidate IC, do you have a strong preference on whether they Impress dragon or wher?: So while IC, Costanza only wants to impress a dragon, if he ages out, I'll have him switch to a candidate for wher, as a FYI.

What color(s) are you willing for your character to impress to?: Any color
Do you want your character to be eligible for gold?: Yes, frankly I think it'd be hilarious to role-play that.
Do you have any personality preferences or concerns?: No preferences. A chipper go-getter could be funny to contrast with Costanza, but there could also be fun to be had with him impressing a dragon similar to him.
Do you have any other preferences or concerns?: Honestly, no other concerns. I just want to roll with the punches with this character and see how things go for him, so I'm not particularly picky or concerned.
Why do you think these choice/s would be a good fit?: I think whatever scenario has potential for good interactions. If Costanza ends up with a dragon equally as lazy as he is, I think that could be interesting to see how other characters react to it. I think disparate personalities between Costanza and his dragon could be interesting internal conflict. I even think him not getting a dragon could be an interesting direction to go.

Do you have any preferences about the conditions of your character’s impression?: No preferences. And again, feel free to pass him up on a dragon impression so he changes to a wher candidate if that works better for y'all.
Are you alright with your character getting hurt? What injury level is acceptable/what should be avoided?: I'm fine with him getting hurt. As for acceptable level, I'm honestly fine with anything shy of death.
Are you willing to impress a creature with a mutation/oddity? Anything that should be avoided?: Happy to take in a mutated weirdo.

Is there anything you will ABSOLUTELY NOT accept?: I'll take anything for Costanza, he's jsut that desperate.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux