Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Weyrling A'tu of Brown Edoraeth

Wolfkitt
Weyrfolk

Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:01 pm
  • Link

A'tu
"Rules? Oh you mean the guidelines!"

BASICS

NAME: A'tu (Formerly Arahtu)
PRONOUNS: he/him/his
ORIENTATION: TBD (I do what I want.)

BIRTHDATE: Early Summer of 2757
WING: N/A

APPEARANCE
EYES: A very pale shade of green
HAIR: A dark sandy blonde ranging in shaggy mid length to right around his shoulders, fairly straight with just a tiny bit of wave. He's very proud of his hair.
HEIGHT AND BUILD: 6'2", slender...Ish.
PLAY-BY: Moritz Jahn
EXPY SOURCE:
FULL APPEARANCE: Arahtu has a fairly average build, tall but not overly so only standing at just around 6'2". He's on the slender side of things but not what you'd call rail thin. His shoulders are fairly broad and his figure sporting a bit of a lean muscle structure. He walks with the silent gait of one who is used to being unseen and unheard. He tends to dress in whatever is available. He favors the darker colors rather than the garish brighter colors that are so much harder to keep clean. Definitely favors comfort over style, but if he can do both then that is his favorite.

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY: A trickster, a shadow, maybe just a touch of a rule breaker. Arahtu is certainly his own being. He takes great value of living life in a manner that is not too serious. His sense of humor can range and get a little dark sometimes but humor really is quite important to him and some of his greatest delight is making people laugh if he has to be seen, afterall... Laughter is the greatest nemesis to pain. Arahtu makes a habit of being light of foot and silent in act. A touch too sly for his own good, this fox can be a little bit sticky fingered at times but he's quite adept and getting in and out of places unnoticed when he needs to. Given that in his past, stealing was not exactly frowned upon, Arahtu has certainly picked up a nasty habit of simply taking something if he liked it.

Arahtu sees most rules as more of guidelines or suggestions... Or at the very least good for other people. He has absolutely no qualms of breaking them, and often does if it suits him. He's not afraid of paying the consequences being of the opinion that one can do absolutely anything they wish, should they be willing to pay the consequences, and if he's being honest? He's willing to pay many consequences if there's a rule standing between him and what he wants. That said, Arahtu easily butts heads with many authority figures especially if they have not proven themselves in his eyes... And this is one thing he's not quiet about.

Arahtu is fairly slow to speak. He'd much rather listen, and observe, gathering as much information from the world around him before engaging in it. This trait makes his words often catch people off guard when they do fly in the form of some offhanded comment, statement, or question. Arahtu also seems to have a very analytical mind touched with creativity in a manner that allows him to see things in a slightly different manner. The devil's advocate is one of his favorite things. One might not easily know which is actually his opinion or if he's simply playing the other side again. When he does deem it worthy to speak, he seems to have a bit of a silver tongue on him.

The jury is fairly quiet as to whether Arahtu is a friendly sort or not. To some he's a fine companion, to others, a thorn in their side. What will he be to you?

HISTORY
FAMILY: Mother - Ananaiyah (Deceased), Father - Unknown
SIGNIFICANT OTHER: Nah bro.
BIRTHPLACE: Pretty sure I was born at sea.
HISTORY: Arahtu's life started out on the seas. As long as he can remember it's been sailing, adventures, and chasing that horizon. His mother served aboard a pirate's vessel from the time that she had been but 18 turns. Wild and carefree she tackled everything that came her way with a feral ferocity. Fearsome in battle, wily in spirit, a pirate's life truly was for her. But eventually she too got bit with that bug they call love, woo'd by a strong and handsome man. But even he could not pull her from the sea. So it was that Arahtu's journey began... Fatherless but with a mother with a lust for life and adventure so strong that it was intoxicating.

Arahtu grew up on the sea with the crew Ananaiyah was sworn to. He learned the life of the sea but also began to learn the darker sides of the trade as well. Arahtu never was a real big fighter, much preferring to win his disputes with his own wile, or negating and avoiding them altogether if at all possible. Arahtu learned how to sail from a young age and it was something he picked up quickly. He was very close to his mother and growing up his greatest desire was to please her. Likewise, Arahtu held almost as high a place in his mother's heart to the sea itself and as he grew up, the two were certainly a force to be reckoned with.

Arahtu became very good at many of the more detailed tasks on the ship. So even when he was but 15 turns old, he was put to task in keeping track of many of their supplies. In doing these tasks he came across who would become his very best friend, next to his mother of course, in the form of a scrappy little ferret. The tiny ferret kit had found it's way into their food supply and instead of being tossed overboard or some such business, Arahtu had taken responsibility for it and befriended it finding a unique little familiar from which he will never part.

His life was full of adventures... But his mother managed to shield him from much of the ugly that came from pirating. Or at least as much as she could when you're in such a life as this. He was still a kid after all... And despite her own love for this life, she still felt a strong need to shield him from it even as she taught him everything that she could. Still, she taught him to fight, she taught him to sail, she taught him to fend for himself. And learn he did.

But this dynamic duo was not to last. Near the end of Arahtu's fifteenth turn, there was a grand battle... His mother spearheading it as they sought after whatever the next treasure or conquest was to be theirs... But this conquest was not to be hers. Ananaiyah was struck down in battle and never returned. This shattered young Arahtu. He recoiled from the pain this event caused, pulling back into himself. The crew kept him on feeling it to be something they owed Ananaiyah, and Arahtu did his part... Besides, it was always thought that Arahtu would fill his mothers shoes one day… But he felt... Wrong. Without his mother there to show him the way... He felt lost. Was a pirate's life truly for him?

But times changed... The pirates had been having dealings with the Weyr of Semaca... Tasks were becoming more safe... Profit gain in a more sane manner. Arahtu did his part mechanically but still could not kick the idea that he was not where he should be. So it was when the opportunity arose, he left the pirates to go to the Weyr. The Riders and the Weyrfolk hadn't done him any harm and perhaps with a change of scenery he could finally move on past what he had seen for his life and start something anew. Would it be better? Worse? Probably not. But it would be different.
Last edited by Wolfkitt on Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:58 am, edited 6 times in total.
Fort Weyr
Le’da of Garnet Tamiuth
Ca'to of Blue Raseth
High Reaches Weyr
T'kuro of Garnet Merakath
Alisa of Blue Lisask
Semaca Weyr
Wolfkitt
Weyrfolk

Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:01 pm
  • Link

IC Information
What type of candidate is your character: Dragon

What color/s does your character want?: Honestly not sure. I'm looking for a change, whatever color that looks like.
Does your character have any personality preferences or concerns?: Don't give me something loud and obnoxious please.
Does your character have any other preferences or concerns?: Nah. Just seeing where the next horizon takes me for now.

OOC Information
If your character is a dual candidate IC, do you have a strong preference on whether they Impress dragon or wher?: I'd like a dragon for Arahtu, but I'm not set in stone as to where his story is headed.

What color(s) are you willing for your character to impress to?: I trust you guys implicitly. Anything is fine by me if there's someone out there for my fox here. He just needs a purpose.
Do you want your character to be eligible for gold?: I mean I don't object but that would be weird. Could be a good weird though I guess?
Do you have any personality preferences or concerns?: No concerns really. It could be fun to have a very duty bound, loudmouth, or a sweet critter that helps him find a purpose of his own, or a daring adventurer that reminds him of his mother and helps seal that wound.
Do you have any other preferences or concerns?: Nah! I'm excited to see where this goes!!
Why do you think these choice/s would be a good fit?: I leave his fate in your very capable hands. <3

Do you have any preferences about the conditions of your character’s impression?: My characters are open to whatever beautiful plots you might have in store.
Are you alright with your character getting hurt? What injury level is acceptable/what should be avoided?: Arahtu is available for injury. Please don't kill him or permanently maim him. If there are ideas for this, I'm happy to talk, but don't want to lose him.
Are you willing to impress a creature with a mutation/oddity? Anything that should be avoided?: Oh absolutely! I'm an extreme fan of anything unique. <3

Is there anything you will ABSOLUTELY NOT accept?: Nope! I'm pretty open to anything with this guy.
Fort Weyr
Le’da of Garnet Tamiuth
Ca'to of Blue Raseth
High Reaches Weyr
Alisa of Blue Lisask
Semaca Weyr
Wolfkitt
Weyrfolk

Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:41 pm
  • Link

Lizah

BASICS

NAME: Lizah
BIRTHDATE Fall 2773

APPEARANCE
FULL APPEARANCE: Lizah is fairly small as far as ferrets go, and somewhat more compact than many of her kind. But still she holds that sleek slender body shape that her fellow ferrets. Her fur is a chocolate brown in color except for a splash of white across her petite muzzle and ears. She moves in a fairly careful manner, slinking around corners and moving with a nervous caution... Except when she gets excited, then she just bounces around like some crazy bunny.

PERSONALITY
PERSONALITY: Lizah is a gentle little soul. Sweet and nurturing. She was found by Arahtu when she was very small and had wandered into the wrong crate. He took her in as his own and in turn she feels a very unwavering adoration for him. Her favorite place is to be snuggled against Arahtu, preferring to ride on his shoulder or head to anywhere else. She also tends to ride around in a small satchel that he had fashioned for her. The little ferret is very playful with her Arahtu, but fairly cautious when meeting new beings, whether they be people or animal... It is unknown just how she will react to dragons. Once she gets to know a being, she is as playful as anything willing to bounce and chase for hours until her little form just completely tires out and she plops down wherever she falls for a nap. Lizah can be very curious, sometimes to a fault. She often likes to explore and check things out for herself but any trouble would have her scampering back to Arahtu and safety.
Last edited by Wolfkitt on Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fort Weyr
Le’da of Garnet Tamiuth
Ca'to of Blue Raseth
High Reaches Weyr
Alisa of Blue Lisask
Semaca Weyr
Wolfkitt
Weyrfolk

Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:14 pm
  • Link

Edoraeth

BASICS

NAME: Edoraeth (Eh-dore-ayth)
BIRTHDATE Late Summer 2775

APPEARANCE

LENGTH: 50ft
HEIGHT: 12.5ft
WINGSPAN: 75ft
COLOR: Brown
HEX CODE: #4D3B36
FULL APPEARANCE:
A big, sturdy and muscular brown, Edoraeth is definitely hard to miss. With a barrel chest and muscular legs, he's certainly fulfilling the "workhorse" stereotype that the color has. He is also not particularly fast, his size and bulk making him more like a flying barge than an actual dragon in the air. He's a faded brown all over, the color turning richer and richer down his legs and tail. The backs of his wingsails are paler, also fading to a richer brown. His face is splashed and spotted with a sandy brown that slowly turns into a faded, leathery color. The same faded color coats him in armor, around his neck and shoulders, and with large 'shields' on his hindquarters with a cured emblem.

PERSONALITY

PERSONALITY:
Edoraeth is as big in personality as he is in size. He's loud, bold, brash, and jolly. He's got the heart of an old miner or old guard who has been around the hold a few times, and he puffs out his chest to make sure everyone will listen to him. He isn't someone who is actively seeking the limelight, he's just loud. One may think he goes out there looking for fights, but he doesn't. For as brash and unsophisticated as he can be, he's actually pretty clever and knows when to speak and when to not, though usually to him it is always time for him to chime in with his advice. Stubborn and stalwart, he has a good heart in his chest and a questionably okay head on his neck. Though he is impulsive, he is not malicious, more likely to step in to stop fights than he is to keep them going. He would consider himself a defender, not an attacker.

To his rider, Edoraeth is someone they can hang out with, someone they can confide in, and someone they can depend on. He isn't a very nuanced dragon, the world is very black and white to him, and he has no real plan to change his viewpoint. Shockingly, he and Tabecikth get along very well, them tempering each other, and Edoraeth has no problem putting the blue in his place if he thinks he's going too far. Even they may not always agree, but that matters little to Edoraeth.

Voice: Loud, brash, and bold, Edoraeth is hard to ignore. He is wildly vulgar and sounds like he was raised in a tavern, but he's so jolly that it's easy to forgive his rather uncouth way of speaking.

Why Me?: This is absolutely the right kind of chaos.

The Bronze Shield Egg
You're going to be the life of the party! Radical!
A large bronze egg with a white-bronze emblem around the shell. This egg is bold, brash, and trouble.
Fort Weyr
Le’da of Garnet Tamiuth
Ca'to of Blue Raseth
High Reaches Weyr
Alisa of Blue Lisask
Semaca Weyr
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux