Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

It’s A Nice Day For A Practice Spar [Ageno]

Dragon_Dreamer_2018
Wingrider

Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:02 am
  • Link

It’s A Nice Day For A Practice Spar [Ageno]

The drills were going well.

Kreta glanced about at the members of Equinox Wing, the bluerider fiercely observant of every detail. A glimpse here, of wooden sparring sticks dancing in combat, resplendent in the afternoon sun as a pair of riders circled each other; and there, golden sunlight intermittently flashing through wing membranes, as the silhouettes of dragons swooped and soared through their flight patterns, backlit against the backdrop of stone weyrbowl and clear blue skies. Her wing. Kreta smiled to herself proudly as she dismounted, the Deaf wingleader—and Fort’s current Junior Weyrleader—sliding off Eseath’s watercolour-blue shoulder to land on her feet with a dust-stirring thump. She straightened, her spine popping in protest as she rolled her shoulders.

Oof. When was the last time she had had a proper workout?

..Last sevenday. Eseath said, the summer rainstorm of the blue’s mindvoice rumbling soothingly as she found the relevant memory in Kreta’s mind. An.. obstacle course competition?

Heh. I remember that! Thank you.

Kreta was pretty sure she still had a few bruises somewhere from that experience. Ah, well, it was part of the life of a rider. Especially one who led by example!

Mildly amused serenity emanated from the blue. Kreta grinned up at Eseath as she leaned against the lithe dragon for a moment; the brown-haired young adult continuing as she pulled out a set of long cloth strips from one of her many pockets.

..No obstacles today, I think. But.. Perhaps a practice spar? I haven’t done that in a while. Would be good to loosen up a little while I’ve got the time.

Good idea; that will do you a world of good.

Dexterous fingers began to tug and pull the grey fabric pieces taut over a forearm, each bandage pressing lightly against her skin as Kreta carefully wrapped first one hand and wrist, and then the other. Up the arm, around the thumb base; criss-crossing over the palms, across the knuckles.. She glanced around once more, only to have her bespectacled gaze land upon one of Equinox’s newer additions; an older greenrider by the name of Tess, if she recalled correctly.

Eseath, I’ll go see if Tess is up for a friendly spar. Keep an eye on the rest o’ Equinox, please, would you? Let me or G’las know if something’s wrong. Or goes wrong, Faranth forbid.

Of course. Go spar. And be careful, as always, my dearest Kreta.

Always, m’love.

Kreta finished tucking in the end of the last strip, and double-checked to make sure it was secure. She then silently set off in the other woman’s direction, a hand already rising to wave in greeting as she approached.
FORT WEYR

Kreta of Blue Eseath (Aurora Wingsecond, firelizard Leirath)

Xinia of Blue Yhargulth (firelizard Moonshine; originally HR, Impressed @ Fort)

Elgiibel of Green Elgiisk (firelizard Fireball Phoenix)

A’mi of Bronze Voidarth

Bolin of White Bolisk (originally of Igen. Firelizard NameHere)

Weyrling D’ain of Brown Renouth

P’earl of Garnet Aemith (originally of Telgar. Firelizard Solar)

HIGH REACHES WEYR

Viela of Green Oveceth (firelizard Treble; originally Fortian, Impressed @ HR)

L’ana of Brown Jomuroreth (firelizard Smoke)

Candidate Palindrome (firelizard Terret)

Bet’ti of Blue Trichath (feline Sushi; firelizard Evermore)

Emogi of Green Emogisk and Bronze Mogisk (firelizard Daisy Daze)

SEMACA WEYR

Trewyra of Green Orbith (originally of Igen. Firelizard Nexus)

Saekri of Green Paradisoth (originally of Ista; feline Felida)

Palico of White Himuroth (originally of High Reaches. Firelizard Sudsy)

E’nome of Blue Belleroth (Assistant Candidate Master; originally of Telgar. Firelizard Bubbles)

Weyrling Dew of Garnet Freth (originally of Ista; firelizard Moon)

Ranya of White Dayvith (runnerbeast Quilda; firelizard Haldanar)
Agenothree
Peacekeeper

Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:24 pm
  • Link

Tess coughed a little as she pulled her goggles off, letting them hang at her neck as she hopped down from Kazeroth's neck and stretched to her full height. Firestone drills were a necessary part of practice, albeit a rather dirty one. But Kazeroth grumbled, her tail twitching irritation as her eyes darted to scrutinize her new wingmates in an uneasy manner. New wing, new wingmates, new place in formation...she didn't like it. Tess didn't either, but she managed it in other ways, namely complaining to her weyrmate. We've got incoming, Kazeroth warned, eyes whirling as someone approached them.

Seeing who it was, Tess resisted an urge to roll her eyes. What did Kreta want? Being new to Equinox, she assumed she would be further welcoming her to her wing, unless she'd found something in her conduct or performance that she felt needed correcting. At seeing Kreta lift a hand in greeting, Tess mirrored her wave, though significantly delayed and not seeming terribly friendly. Though her PSL was rusty, she felt confident enough in her ability to communicate, but she always had Kazeroth too. "Hello, Wingleader. What do you need?" she signed, though her face said something closer to what she felt, her expression unwelcoming.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux