Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Gather] First Snows

Fort Hold, Harper Hall, and Healer Hall. Candidates may be searched from here, and often are.
Jabberwoky
Red Star Warning

Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:00 pm

[Gather] First Snows

It is Gather time!

Fort Hold is all set up. There is warmth, hot meals, plenty of merchants selling wares and beasts. Dragonriders are coming in, ferrying all sorts of visitors to the event. For all the tensions between Weyrs, right now things are at peace.

Go, have fun! Enjoy yourself!
Fort Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman Tuckal of Gold Serapheth
[White Journey]
Wa'en of Brown Galahath
Weyrlingmaster Lexien of Brown Mikazuchith
Mirai of Green Lieuteth
N'eth of Green Azoth
Weyrling Mishima of Blue Harmoth
[Gold Moon Chip]
Weyrling F'ero of Garnet Hellfith
Vartin of Amethyst Vartisk and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Candidate Alphinaud
Dragonless Quatre
Dragonless Angelo
[Gold Geara Zulu]
Semaca Weyr
Hecate of Almandine Cabadath
Wes of Blue Kreith
[Green Maya]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
Z'kon of Bronze Gottmitunth
Sven of Bronze Cresceth
[White Black]
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
ladyweathervain
Wingrider

Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:31 pm

Lars of Bronze Scabellath

A Gather! A real Gather!

With all the nonsense that had been happening, Lars and Scabellath really needed the levity. And besides. It was a chance to maybe just... Spend time with Hans and his brothers... He'd brought Hans along for the ride, despite his younger brother's insistence that he would be fine taking another rider to this event. But how could he not want to ride with Lars?

I think your brother's just embarrassed to be seen with family. Let him go off for a bit, I'm sure he'll come back. Scabellath wasn't exactly the most tactful. But he had a point. Hans had been through... a lot.

"...I guess. I was hoping we could really just catch up though..." With his schedule and Hans' schooling, they barely spoke... Maybe he should find someone else...?

--

Hans

Forsk.

Why did his brother INSIST on trying to befriend him now? When he was trying to cut his own path through the world? He LIKED Lars, sure. But the idea that only NOW he wanted to hang around... Ugh.

Well. Now that he'd managed to excuse himself, maybe he could just relax and have fun for a change. Maybe try and find other candidates, ask them about other weyrs...?
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Cecelia of Brown Uriangth
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Zul
Candidate Deviya
SEMECA
Carol of Blue Carsk
Manuel of Garnet Minevath
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie
HIGH REACHES
Dusleros of Brown Runth
Candidate Hans
Candidate Orpheus
Candidate Ganymede
Tyriani
Weyrfolk

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:13 am

Ciaselai of Gold Ciask

Ahh, it wasn't Crom Hold, but it kind of felt like home. She walked about Fort Hold, all the while knowing that Ciask was lounging about trying to keep from areas too bright. Ciaselai, well, she wanted to get to know others from everywhere. But she didn't know where to start. So, she just went to grab some food for herself and for the wher. Hoping that it would help Ciask feel a bit better about being at Fort Hold.

Kitri - open to whoever wants to be the person she runs into

She was here, she didn't truly know why, but she was here. There were plenty of others here, and she was quite curious about them all. But she also wanted to see what the gather was truly about. What was going to come of it? She didn't know where she was going to go, but she did stop thinking the moment she ran into someone. "Oh! I am sorry!"

Jonaiali of White Alisath

The flash between sure was something that Jonaiali was ever going to get tired of, or really use to perhaps. But here the white pair was, hovering over Fort Hold with a couple of people. Alisath slowly descended and and landed. Jonaiali let the others off first before she slide from the white's back. I don't know why we must be here. Surely you know that there is going to be talk of politics. I know, but we do need to make an appearance at these things to at least not be talked about.

Alisath said nothing but just found herself a nice shaded area to go and lay down in. She watched Jonaiali carefully, wondering what her rider was going to do. Jona, well, she was going to try and find someone to talk to to perhaps make some kind of good other than being a ferry basically.
Tracker ~ One-Shots

Fort Weyr
Weyrling Zes'lan of Brown Zaylith
Nikadelli of Blue Nobuwath
Lainna of Green Icolenth
Ciaselai of Gold Ciask and White Ciasesk [Green Nanami]
High Reaches
Nolia of Green Mikanoth
Daleki of White Dalesk
Semaca Weyr
Varneala of Garnet Taibabrith
Weyrling Onnora of Blue Olarith
Wher Candidate Kitri
shellycake
Holder

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:49 pm

Kouichi of Green Kuzoth - Kitri

Kouichi was looking through the wares, smiling a bit as Kuzoth stood by his side. She was looking around at the vases, looking at him, "Kouichi, they look so pretty. I think one would be great to put flowers in." He nodded a bit with a smile before gasping as someone bumped into him.

He turned to the other and smiled, "Oh no, it's my fault. I shouldn't have been standing in the way."
Last edited by shellycake on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyriani
Weyrfolk

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:53 am

Kitri - Kouichi

"Nonsense, one must watch where they walk. Unless they want to walk into others all the time." It was odd for her to be talking this much, but she was being kind and well, determined, that it was her fault for running into him. She slowly held out her hand though with a shy smile. "My name is Kitri. I am a Semaca Weyr Wher Candidate." Perhaps, this would make things a bit better for them. Besides, she knew that he was a rider, well, a Weyrling by the size of his green.
Tracker ~ One-Shots

Fort Weyr
Lainna of Green Icolenth
High Reaches
Nolia of Green Mikanoth
Daleki of White Dalesk
Semaca Weyr
Wher Candidate Kitri
shellycake
Holder

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:12 am

Kouichi of Green Kuzoth - Kitri

Someone from Semaca Weyr? Kouichi blinked a bit, having never actually met anyone from that place, or if he did, they had never told him. Kuzoth tilted her head, looking at Kouichi before speaking, "It is quite an extraordinary moment to meet you, Kitri. I am Kuzoth, Kouichi's bonded dragon."

Kouichi held back a snort at the words Kuzoth had spoken. She always tried to make herself look better by using such long words. "Yeah, it is nice to meet you."
AtlasHyperion
Weyrling

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:43 pm

Leo - Hans

Leo had hitched a ride with some nice dragonrider lady to the Hold, she was very prepared to run into people she had never ever met before- and might never will!- but she spotted that reddish hair of her friend and immediately had to restrain herself from sneaking up on him and scaring him. She couldn't do that! Well, maybe back in High Reaches were they sorta-kinda knew people, but not at the Gather with so many new faces. Embarrassment levels would be high.

She tapped him on the shoulder and smiled, "Well, if it isn't mister 'Southern Ridges' himself! How're you doing, Hans! Isn't this great? I don't think I've been to a Gather in- hmmmm.... I suppose it's been ages! Way too long for me. Who brought you?"

Glaidan

The wher candidate business was taking a toll on the old man, mostly because he had to live away from his family. What kind of grandad lives away from his family? Stupid candidate barracks. Maybe he could just buy a wher here? No, that's the easy way out. And, by Faranth, it'd be one hell of a story to tell how he made it through candidacy alive and Impress in his fifties.

Still, he could buy something. He was sure that there was at least something around that would interest him. He needed presents for his grandchildren.

Rainbow of Blue Rasuneth

There were two things that Rainbow was looking for at the Gather, and neither of them had to do with the season they were in. Winter clothes would come and go, just like the season, but a nice dress would be with them to stay. And,- because Z'nakin had mentioned it when they were having their sleepover- they were looking for nail polish that matched Rasuneth's hide. They'd match! Wouldn't that be the most stylish thing you've ever seen?

Have you found any? I haven't seen any merchants selling the stuff yet.

No, but we're gonna keep on looking until we find it!

K'ymask of White Lothwyth

Lothwyth had asked and asked and asked to go to the Gather, and it got to the point where K'ymask just couldn't stand the headache he was getting from her, so they went. He would've rathered to stay back in Semaca, but Lothwyth was nothing if not persistent.

Isn't this lovely, Kymmy? This is how the world should be, everyone together, selling their wares, talking to each other! Making friends and memories! She gave a happy sigh. I love Gathers.

I am nothing if not aware of this. You can lead the way, since you obviously want to be here more than I do.

Sweeeet!
Tyriani
Weyrfolk

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:58 pm

Kitri - Kouichi

His green seemed to be more than happy to talk, and it was something that Kitri found interesting and kind of entertaining really. She smiled and nodded softly. "It is nice to meet you as well." Kitri was amazed at the longer words that the green used, but she found it kind of adorable. "The gather is kind of nice isn't it. A nice way for the Weyrs to be able to talk without the need for firelizards." She mused her thoughts aloud as she looked around.

Lainna of Green Icolenth - K'ymask

Oh, this is so much fun. I wonder who we will meet? Lainna looked at the green and she chuckled. I don't know my dear. How about you pick someone and we go and talk to them? As if on que, the green had flashed an image of a man and his white. Lainna smiled and they walked over to the pair.

"Hello, I am Lainna and this is Icolenth." She had motioned to the green as she spoke her name with a smile. "How are you guys enjoying the gather so far?" Of course, she probably could have judged the situation better to see if company was even wanted, but Icolenth wanted to come and say hello.
Tracker ~ One-Shots

Fort Weyr
Lainna of Green Icolenth
High Reaches
Nolia of Green Mikanoth
Daleki of White Dalesk
Semaca Weyr
Wher Candidate Kitri
thefaeriesfyre
Peacekeeper

Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:27 am

Endilette of blue Ettesk: Cialesai

Endilette couldn't remember the last time she had so much fun at a Gather. Maybe it was because she had finally graduated from wherling lessons, and now had both more free time and a little bit of spending money. The first snow of the season was a herald of more time spent either inside or cold, and Endilette was pleased to spend some time socializing with people from outside the hold.

Even if those people were also wher handlers. The other woman wore the knots of a gold handler, but she didn't know her name. Maybe she was with the other squad? Endilette didn't see much of the weyr handlers outside of Thread, and they were usually too busy to do much socializing.

"Have you tried the pastries yet? Bubbly pies were her sister's favorite, but they were a summer treat only. Endilette didn't have much of a sweet tooth, but even she couldn't resist a perfectly flaky pastry as a treat.
shellycake
Holder

Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:32 am

Kouichi of Green Kuzoth - Sitri

"Yeah, it is." Kouichi smiled, Kuzoth looking at the two before nudging Kouichi's hand. She seemed to be a bit hungry, looking at him. He looked at her and nodded, before turning to Sitri, "Would you like to join us to get something to eat? Kuzoth seems to be hungry right now." The dragon let out a chirp, nodding a bit.
Tyriani
Weyrfolk

Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:41 am

Kitri - Kouichi

She thought on it for a moment and she smiled and nodded. "Sure, I could use some food as well." She smiled and looked over to where the food was being held and she started to walk over, waiting for a moment to be sure that Kouchi was coming with. Once she got to the food, she grabbed herself a meal and found a table that would be great for the three of them to sit, eat, and talk. This was proving to be more fun than she origianlly thought it would be, and well, talking to others was quite nice.

After they were settled for a bit, she looked at the green. "How old is she?" She asked curiously. She knew that the green had to be young, she just didn't know dragons enough to know how young.

Ciaselai of Gold Ciask - Endilette

There was an assortment of food, and she was at the desert when someone spoke to her. Ciask was watching the girl, but she also saw the blue that came with her. The wher just watched though, silently judging and waiting. Ciaselai looked at Endilette and she shook her head. "No not yet, I was actually thinking on it though." She smiled as she grabbed one of the pastries. "I am Ciaselai and that is Ciask. Don't mind her, she can be a bit..shy."

She chuckled at the golds look at her handler before she looked to find a seat. "Would you like to join us?"
Tracker ~ One-Shots

Fort Weyr
Lainna of Green Icolenth
High Reaches
Nolia of Green Mikanoth
Daleki of White Dalesk
Semaca Weyr
Wher Candidate Kitri
shellycake
Holder

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:13 pm

Kouichi of Green Kuzoth - Sitri

Before Kouichi could respond, the dragon spoke for herself, "I am approximately around two and a half months old. I was from the most recent dragon egg hatching." She flickered her tail, looking at Kouichi with a confident look on her face. He chuckled a bit, petting her head before she began to speak to him privately. "Aren't I doing great, Kouichi?"

"You know you don't need to prove anything to me, Kuzoth. You're one of the smartest dragons I know." He smiled, looking down at her as the dragon flicked her tail with a flustered look on her face.
ladyweathervain
Wingrider

Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:46 pm

Hans JUMPED. he swore, if it was Lars again-

"o-oh. Hello Leo!" He laughed nervously. '"Sorry, thought you were one of my brothers... He took me here, to hang out I suppose. I just wanted to experience my first REAL Gather without my family..." He'd been to a Gather before but he'd always been stuck with his brothers and father or just him and his mother... this was the first one he could go to as a proper 'adult'...
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Cecelia of Brown Uriangth
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Zul
Candidate Deviya
SEMECA
Carol of Blue Carsk
Manuel of Garnet Minevath
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie
HIGH REACHES
Dusleros of Brown Runth
Candidate Hans
Candidate Orpheus
Candidate Ganymede
AtlasHyperion
Weyrling

Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:48 pm

Leo - Hans

"One of your brothers?" She crossed her arms. "Where is he? I'll beat him up for you, honestly, I will. I'm not the biggest fan of any of them, at least, just from what you told me about them." She looked around, trying to spot someone who sort of looked like Hans... no dice. "Well, hey! Now you can experience your first real Gather with a friend, c'mon! Let's go look for something fun to do." She was not one to leave someone alone to wander in a place they didn't really know, by Faranth, she didn't even know the place that well. But they could be completely lost at the Gather together.

Plus, she wanted to stick around him if his brothers showed up. A precaution.

K'ymask of White Lothwyth - Lainna of Green Icolenth
Finding himself joined not only by his dragon, but with some greenrider he'd never met, K'ymask supposed it was true that Gathers were the place for everyone to meet each other. "I believe that I am enjoying it far less than my dragon is, but it is not an unwelcome experience. Excuse me, I am K'ymask."

I'm Lothwyth! Really, do excuse him, he's always been this much of a bummer. K'ymask rolled his eyes at his dragon's statement. I'm having an absolute blast and I haven't even gotten to do anything yet! Although, that may just be K'ymask's fault. He's being a real slowpoke today.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux