Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Buzz Off [Shelb]

The spires of High Reaches, where bronzes used to sit and secure their thrones. The wind is cold and the silence is sometimes overwhelming.
Sari
Weyrling

Fri May 29, 2020 6:19 am

Buzz Off [Shelb]

Sometimes, Sigil liked to come up to the Fireheights with Euraroth and just think. He'd managed to escape Buzz, his clearly annoying sister, who thought she knew best. Now, he stared out at the setting sun, wondering what he was doing with his life. High Reaches Weyr was his home, and he had a place in Majima's network, but was he really ready to see a gold in power again? Granted, there had been false hopes for High Reaches before, but he couldn't quite decide whether he hoped for a gold or not.

It would certainly solve many problems, but only cause more.

The man leaned against his green dragon, who looked up to the sky. After a long silence, he finally asked her, What are you thinking about? Maybe she had some insight on this whole gold-egg-thing.

Nothing. Seemed she wasn't sharing, but after a pause, she added a bit more. You must have your own opinions. Looking to me will do you no good. Before he could reply with a snide and defensive remark, she cut him off. Look--someone approaches. Chopith and his.
Thread Tracker - Soliloquies
Fort Weyr
Weyrling L'ru of Brown Ghermath
Maze of Garnet Temporaeth
Sy'rei of Green Asrakaerth
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask

WIP: Candidate Mite
High Reaches Weyr
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Sigil of Green Euraroth
Enet of Green Aibouth
Weyrling Nova of White Scryth
Candidate Nyrida

WIP: A'riga of Bronze Kairaelth
Semaca Weyr
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Ky'ze of Blue Olarith
Makai of Blue Kask & Brown Makaisk
Khera of Green-Blue Khersk
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Candidate Viiox

WIP: Aedih of Blue Rauseth
ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Fri May 29, 2020 9:02 pm

It seemed that both Leon and Chopith were also having a discussion, the two looking at the other as they walked. 'Leon, I know your heart is heavy and your mind is plaguing you. You do not want there to be a gold here, after what you've learned about Golre.' The dragon moved to put his snout against the other, 'Golre had been horrible, but it does not mean all golds are going to be just like her and her dragon. You just need a little faith.'

'It isn't that, Chopith. We already have people giving us scornful looks because you're a bronze. Those looks will only get worse is there's another gold.' The dragons shook his head before noticing the other two. He moved to put his wing to Leon's side, stirring him from his thoughts. Leon noticed and looked at the two.

"Good evening."
Sari
Weyrling

Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:56 am

Sigil gave Leon a nod, not especially interested but willing to socialize regardless. "Yeah. Good evening." Hopefully Leon knew his name; he tried to know most riders names, if he could. His wonderful memory wasn't perfect, but metallic riders were always worth knowing the name of. For better or for worse, anyways. "What brings you up here?" He bit back the remark that he'd been enjoying his quiet, reflective time with his dragon.

Except...you weren't. You don't let yourself enjoy things. After pointing out what Euraroth considered to be the obvious, and bringing out a scowl from Sigil, she gave a nod to Chopith and Leon. Good evening, indeed. She did not have much to say--preferring to listen than to speak--but she looked forward to some company.
Fort Weyr
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask

High Reaches Weyr
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Sigil of Green Euraroth
Enet of Green Aibouth
Candidate Nyrida

Semaca Weyr
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Ky'ze of Blue Olarith
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Candidate Viiox

ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:29 am

"I just wanted to go on a walk, collect my thoughts before the hatching." Chopith nodded a bit before bowing to the two. He had a friendly smile on his face.

"Leon and I enjoy when it's just warm enough to walk around without me getting sick. In fact, it is likely after today I'll be spending a lot more time bundled up." The bronze was always sickly, and his firestone allergy did not help things at all.

"What about you, Sigil? What are you doing out here?"
Sari
Weyrling

Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:23 am

Brooding, Euraroth said to Sigil, in response to Leon's question. She didn't say it aloud--wouldn't call him out in front of another--but the word made Sigil glance at her, rolling his eyes.

"Just thinking," he said, finally, with a shrug. "Lots to think about, these days." He left it at that. Vague, but still true enough.

To Chopith, however, she gave a soft, quiet hum. She was pleased with his company, even if she was a bit quiet. It is good to see you up and about, then. Her comment was genuine, but she didn't feel the need to say anything more.
Fort Weyr
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask

High Reaches Weyr
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Sigil of Green Euraroth
Enet of Green Aibouth
Candidate Nyrida

Semaca Weyr
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Ky'ze of Blue Olarith
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Candidate Viiox

ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:25 am

Leon nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I agree. A lot of riders ended up leaving after the two eggs appeared in the hatching grounds. I don't even know if we'll have enough riders to fight Thread next time it occurs." Sure, they just had a gold clutch donated to the weyr, but would those who impress be ready to fight Thread when it came time to it?

"Thank you. It is good to get warmth before it turns to the colder months." He smiled at the green dragon, "How are both you and your rider doing, Euraroth?"
Sari
Weyrling

Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:52 am

Euraroth hummed softly in response, mulling it over. Sigil is fine. We have no complaints, beyond whatever he chooses to complain about. She left her response at that, not seeing any need to inquire or say more. Chopith would speak, and she would listen--she enjoyed company, even if it was quiet.

"Mm," Sigil said, a sound of agreement...maybe. The conversation was dwindling dangerously close to politics. He kept an ear to the ground, of course, but he was in a foul mood and had no interest in discussing it at the moment. Leon was right, of course. Threadfall would be a disaster.

Chopith couldn't rise to fight thread, though--at least not to flame it. The dragon wouldn't be in the more dangerous wings, but would likely be catching stray thread with his rider's flamethrower. Sigil, however...well, he could worry about himself and his dragon later. "Hopefully the clutch on the sands is healthy," he remarked. He wasn't sure about that cracked egg, and even less sure about the gold egg.
Fort Weyr
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask

High Reaches Weyr
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Sigil of Green Euraroth
Enet of Green Aibouth
Candidate Nyrida

Semaca Weyr
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Ky'ze of Blue Olarith
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Candidate Viiox

ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:26 pm

Chopith smiled, "That is good news. I have not heard many complaints except what some people have mentioned about the new clutch. I'm honestly a bit excited to see the hatchlings." Plus, he knew Leon was somewhat worried.

"I hope so as well. One of the eggs was cracked before it even arrived. There's not telling what could happen to the young dragon inside." Leon didn't want to assume the worst, but seeing as the egg had to be sealed with wax that it did not sound very hopeful. In fact, he wondered if the hatchling would even get to choose their bonded, or if they would hatch dead..
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux