Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Rumor] Will-o-the-Wisps?

The spires of High Reaches, where bronzes used to sit and secure their thrones. The wind is cold and the silence is sometimes overwhelming.
Ignys
Weyrwoman

Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:05 pm

The second Takumi caught wind of lights in the sky and spirits, he adamantly refused to be outside at night alone. Even when he had company, usually Fukoshith, he found himself glancing suspiciously at every corner that was a little too dark. Or even at the sky, like he could will the stars to move and give himself a reason to stay in his weyr for the foreseeable future. Fukoshith couldn't help the amused snort he gave, shielding Takumi under his wingsail.

They aren't gonna fall on ya. he teased, making his rider turn red and elbow him in the side.
Femisis
Wingrider

Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:34 am

Unconvinced, Keith rolled his eyes hard. "Spirits, really? Someone's probably just making up tall tales to get attention. There's no such thing." He was a practical person by nature and didn't have a lot of patience for rumors, especially absurd ones like this. He wasn't about to believe a story without any basis in fact. Shinadoth was of the same mindset and snorted at Takumi, but didn't add anything. His rider had covered it.
Fort Weyr
Uryuu of Bronze Frydrykth | Kojaku
Cress of Brown Lumiouth
Shigure of Blue Cyaleth | Tide
Akira of Green Auruth | Kukuri
Li'dyn of Green Vairrianth
Trowa of Green Yasogamith | Heavyarms
Weyrling Gaelio of Green Vacuouth | Kimaris
Candidate Mineva | Kshatriya
Candidate Remy
High Reaches Weyr
Cesare of Brown Fuuth | Aragon
Keith of Blue Shinadoth
Y'su of Blue Brenlosath
V'dar of Green Liralith
Weyrling Izuku of Bronze Xistanorth
Weyrling Shouto of Green Drivith
Semaca Weyr
Niriru of Bronze Ziodyneth
Lio of Garnet Shisenitath | Ringtail
Minato of Blue Charoth
Crowe of White Eclith | Lunafreya
Soran of White Qanth | Exia
Karaze of Blue Karask
Candidate Chrom
Nox
Holder

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:10 pm

"I think the idea of them being spirits is lovely." Miro said, peering up into the sky. She hadn't been one of the ones who had seen them (yet), but had spent nearly every free night since she first heard about it up here looking for them. Douzeth was interested at first, but got bored and left her rider to her own.
Ignys
Weyrwoman

Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:40 pm

Takumi couldn't suppress a shutter. Lovely?! It was a horrible idea! Fukoshith's eyes whirled in amusement, and he scooted Takumi closer to him with his wing.

Dooon't you worry. I'll protect ya from the big bad star spirits. He crooned.

Oh shut up! Look, everyone has their fears. Mine is just... ghosts... He saw the looks Keith gave him, sighing.

"It might be irrational, but the idea of... spirits... ghosts..." He shuddered. "I just don't like it."
Kimikelo
Wingrider

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:27 pm

"Of COURSE they're spirits! The question is simply what KIND of spirits they are," Louna chimed in with enthusiasm, having come up to the fireheights with an old, ramshackle spyglass in an attempt to get the best view of them that she could. "I won't know for sure until I see them though. Then we can figure out if we need to get rid of them or if they're beneficial. Ohh, I hope it's not a White Lady. That would be so sad..." she babbled, setting into position as her pockets clinked and jingled.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux