Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

New Member of the Family [Sari]

Weyrs and barracks, wherever you need to sleep at night.
memerina
Weyrling

Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:26 am

New Member of the Family [Sari]

Amet wasn't quite sure how Safvris felt about firelizards. They were both hoarders, of course, but when it came to pets, they hadn't often discussed it. When Amet found herself in the hands of a little terror named Sugarcane - a pale brown firelizard with the energy of an excited puppy - she was excited to show her weyrmate, even if she had no idea how she would react. You aren't seriously bringing that thing in the weyr, are you? Aith opposed the idea. It's going to steal all your socks and knock over your furniture and, Faranth, don't get me started on the POOP- A hand touched Aith's shoulder in reassurance. "Don't worry, Aith. We will house-train him." Aith didn't think there was a 'we' in this situation. This was entirely Amet's job, in her eyes.

She opened the door to her weyr, yet before she could greet Safvris and Osjeith, Aith spoke first. She couldn't even wave, having one immobile arm and using the other to cradle Sugarcane like a baby, sound asleep against her chest. You won't believe what she's done now. Amet just brushed her off. "Oh hush, you." Amet gave her weyrmate a soft, endearing, welcoming expression. "Honey, look what I've brought hoooome..."
Sari
Wingleader

Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:45 am

Safvris had been reading records, learning and studying for no reason, when Amet walked in. She raised her eyebrow at Aith's words, before noticing the little brown in Amet's arm. "Ah...a little one. I hope that he will not defecate on our things or cause any other messes," she commented, putting her things down and looking to Amet. A soft smile crossed her usually-expressionless face, as she approached her weyrmate.

Peering at the little thing, curiosity touched her face. He was a strange one, wasn't he? His wiggles were, perhaps, his best quality, from the way the little thing seemed unable to stay still. "Ah. Cute."

Aith, the brown said in greeting. Why has yours brought this...ugly addition? Despite Safvris thinking he was cute (which she didn't express easily, given her neutral tone), she was right in that he seemed poorly trained. Granted, defecation was not a concern for flighted dragonkin, due to their ability to between, but making a mess certainly was.
Thread Tracker - Soliloquies
Fort Weyr
L'ru of Brown Ghermath
Maze of Garnet Temporaeth
Sy'rei of Green Asrakaerth
K'me of Green Wadjeth
H'saia of Green Eurytath
Thyne of Blue Thynesk
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask
Zar of Green Zarsk
Candidate Mite

WIP: Liau of Blue Chugoth
High Reaches Weyr
A'riga of Bronze Kairaelth
Safvris of Brown Osjeith
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Sigil of Green Euraroth
Enet of Green Aibouth
N'vir of Green Plemeth
M'sa of Green Mahallath
Nova of White Scryth
Candidate Nyrida

WIP: Ziune of Green Ziusk
Semaca Weyr
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Ky'ze of Blue Olarith
Aedih of Blue Rauseth
J'pei of Green Zelagoth
Viiox of Green Crimioth
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Jiras of Bronze Jirask
Makai of Blue Kask & Brown Makaisk
Khera of Green-Blue Khersk
Pirate Teleka
memerina
Weyrling

Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:58 am

"He won't cause any messes." Amet gently placed Sugarcane on the floor, and he immediately started flapping around the room, flying into a chair so hard that he knocked it over. "...He won't cause any more messes." Amet realised that this firelizard may need serious weyr-training.

Aith just... groaned, as she looked at Osjeith. Because she saw that Enet had one, and it was just as destructive. It ate his socks. Amet placed her arm on Aith's shoulder, still looking at Safvris. "Now, now, Aith, who's to say he can't be trained? He's just excited, he'll get tired sooner or later."

Sugarcane was not getting tired. Aith, on the other hand... Safvris, you might want to help her before she turns into her brother.
Sari
Wingleader

Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:33 am

Safvris watched impassively as the little brown made a mess. "I do not understand why you say he will not continue making messes, when this is obviously the case. I doubt he is unwilling, unable, or unlikely to make messes in the future." She sighed. "As I stated, however."

"Cute."

Safvris shrugged at Aith's comments, however. Amet was not like her brother. Amet was Amet, and she loved Amet for it. She was wonderful, even if Safvris wasn't the best at sharing her affection. "I would suggest training him soon, however."

Since when are messes cute? Osjeith asked, a dull, annoyed tint to his voice.
Fort Weyr
L'ru of Brown Ghermath
K'me of Green Wadjeth
H'saia of Green Eurytath
Thyne of Blue Thynesk
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask
Zar of Green Zarsk
Candidate Mite

High Reaches Weyr
Safvris of Brown Osjeith
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Sigil of Green Euraroth
Enet of Green Aibouth
N'vir of Green Plemeth
M'sa of Green Mahallath
Nova of White Scryth
Candidate Nyrida

Semaca Weyr
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Ky'ze of Blue Olarith
Aedih of Blue Rauseth
J'pei of Green Zelagoth
Viiox of Green Crimioth
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Jiras of Bronze Jirask
Pirate Teleka
memerina
Weyrling

Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:49 am

"He will stop eventually, honey. He's just excited." As she said this, Amet tried to catch the firelizard. Unfortunately, he was simply too fast, too energetic, and full of so much unrelenting glee that he kept flying around everywhere, knocking into stuff, and almost getting too close to the dragons' faces. "...Do one of you mind giving us a hand? Quite literally." It was hard enough to catch Sugarcane on her own; not having use of her left hand severely impaired her ability to grab him.

Aith groaned, looking between the two humans, Osjeith, and the firelizard. Maybe if I yelled at him, it would help? Or Osjeith. Either way, maybe he'll get scared and go cower in a corner... that is just what he gets for messing with dragons. Amet glared at Aith, sharing a glance to Osjeith. "Don't do that. Would you scream in a baby human's face?" She paused for a second. She had a feeling of Aith's answer, either way. "...Don't answer that."
Sari
Wingleader

Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:08 am

"Ah, yes," Safvris said, dryly. "I see that his propensity for stopping is already becoming evident..." She paused. "Apologies, sarcasm. I will, of course, assist." She jumped into action, reaching out to try to grasp the zippy, speedy little flit. This was...harder than she'd imagined, as she tried to chase him. "Ah. Come here, you little devil." Her words were monotone, but her frustration was real.

I would be happy to yell at this flit, but for now, at Amet's noble request, I will settle for insulting him calmly. Osjeith's voice was a purr, soft and calm, as he reached out towards the firelizard. Bitch.

"You are not helping, Osjeith. Please keep your insults to yourself." She knew Osjeith wouldn't yell at a baby...but mostly because such an action wouldn't serve him. Most people didn't take kindly to that, but he could certainly yell at a firelizard. After all, he had no reason to manipulate anyone in this room. At least, not much.
Fort Weyr
L'ru of Brown Ghermath
K'me of Green Wadjeth
H'saia of Green Eurytath
Thyne of Blue Thynesk
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask
Zar of Green Zarsk
Candidate Mite

High Reaches Weyr
Safvris of Brown Osjeith
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Sigil of Green Euraroth
Enet of Green Aibouth
N'vir of Green Plemeth
M'sa of Green Mahallath
Nova of White Scryth
Candidate Nyrida

Semaca Weyr
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Ky'ze of Blue Olarith
Aedih of Blue Rauseth
J'pei of Green Zelagoth
Viiox of Green Crimioth
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Jiras of Bronze Jirask
Pirate Teleka
memerina
Weyrling

Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:02 pm

No, I agree with Osjeith. Aith spoke calmly, but firmly, looking towards the firelizard. Yes, you are a bitch. The tones of the dragons' voices rang in Sugarcane's head - while he couldn't understand words, the sheer tone of their voices and intimidating aura was enough for him to pull back. Aith's eyes flashed red, and the little firelizard cowered. Hm, it worked.

Amet ran over to him, and picked him up. "Aith, you scared him." Well, it worked. At least. But now he looked sad. She rolled her eyes at the dragon and looked at Safvris. "Well, he did stop... eventually. You never know with firelizards, they're just as much of a mixed bag as dragons. Some of them are relentless, some are more like a pet feline that sleeps all day except for when it wants food."
Sari
Wingleader

Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:02 am

"Osjeith, Aith, you have upset Amet's little one. He is stressed now. I hope that you are happy with your crimes." She said this dryly, in a monotone, but she was relatively genuine in this circumstance.

He calmed. What is the problem? Osjeith snorted, speaking as if through a smirk. You are welcome.

"And you are a prick." Safvris responded, before approaching Amet. She wrapped her arms around her partner, offering a small cheek kiss. "Ah, but he is cute, no matter the mess." She did like the little firelizard. Perhaps he was a bit wild, a bit difficult, but he was just...SO CUTE!
Fort Weyr
L'ru of Brown Ghermath
K'me of Green Wadjeth
H'saia of Green Eurytath
Thyne of Blue Thynesk
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask
Zar of Green Zarsk
Candidate Mite

High Reaches Weyr
Safvris of Brown Osjeith
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Sigil of Green Euraroth
Enet of Green Aibouth
N'vir of Green Plemeth
M'sa of Green Mahallath
Nova of White Scryth
Candidate Nyrida

Semaca Weyr
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Ky'ze of Blue Olarith
Aedih of Blue Rauseth
J'pei of Green Zelagoth
Viiox of Green Crimioth
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Jiras of Bronze Jirask
Pirate Teleka
memerina
Weyrling

Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:39 pm

Amet followed suit, kissing her weyrmate on the cheek and giving her a light smirk. "I agree, he is very cute. Maybe neither of you have taste. That being Aith and Osjeith, I'll have you know that Safvris has the most impeccable taste, and so do I." The little brown firelizard waddled over to Amet, hiding behind and nuzzling into her leg. Amet looked down, checking on him, checking he was okay.

No, I once again agree with Osjeith. At least he calmed down. At least he calmed down, and was cowering behind Amet's leg. "And I agree with Safvris. You're a prick." Amet kissed her weyrmate again. "And trust me, I know a prick when I see one."
Sari
Wingleader

Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:36 am

Safvris nodded. "Osjeith and Aith only have taste in terms of their choices in riders. Otherwise, they are both entirely insufferable." She returned the kiss to her weyrmate, and although her face was neutral and flat, as usual, she was happy. There was nothing so pleasing as to be around Amet, the one that she truly felt affection and love towards.

She looked down at the little firelizard, gently scooping the little thing up. "You are a cute little bastard. I hope you grow into a handsome big bastard. This is how one speaks to baby firelizards." She spoke in her typically flat monotone. Even if the firelizard didn't understand her words, he could grasp nothing from her tone or expression.

That was, of course, how one spoke to babies in general, wasn't it?

Dearest Aith, it seems we are the only two in this room with a solid head on our shoulders. Our riders have become complacent in their idiocy... Osjeith's voice was smooth, as though he continued to smirk. Amused.
Fort Weyr
L'ru of Brown Ghermath
K'me of Green Wadjeth
H'saia of Green Eurytath
Thyne of Blue Thynesk
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask
Zar of Green Zarsk
Candidate Mite