Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

New Candidate [Tyto]

ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:55 pm

New Candidate [Tyto]

To say Edsel was worried about becoming a candidate was an understatement. He knew his father would be very proud of him, but.. he still felt worried. What if he didn't fit in? What if no one liked him?

He sighed as he slid down the far side of a fall, wrapping his face around in his scarf.
Tyto
Wingrider

Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:01 pm

Amelie had not been a candidate very long. Just a few sevendays, really. But she had been a candidate long enough to know who was new and who was not. And this person all tucked into the corner was definitely somebody new. Pushing her long sleeves up (she always made them too long, because she liked when she could hide her hands in the winter!), she walked up to the new person and crouched down in front of them.

Well, not directly in front of them. They looked afraid. So, she was a few paces away, like she was dealing with a frightened young feline.

Waiting a moment or two to see if they would notice her, she smiled regardless and greeted them with a soft, "Hi! Welcome to High Reaches. My name is Amelie, what's yours?"
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:09 am

Edsel yelped a bit in surprise when he heard someone else speak. He looked around before his vision finally landed onto the girl standing in front of him. He gulped, staring at her a bit in shock. Was she really speaking to him?

Nervously, he lifted up a finger and pointed at himself. Was she really talking to him? Or, was she talking to a random animal who had run behind him?

Oh gods, was there a wild animal behind him!?
Tyto
Wingrider

Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:04 am

Amelie continued to beam as she gazed at this other person. They definitely reminded her of the wild felines that she'd sometimes find in their barn. The ones that were still young and afraid of people. They always warmed up eventually, and her family let them stay because they would hunt down the small tunnelsnakes and eat them.

"Of course you, silly." She let her expression relax, but kept up with the friendliness. "Who else would I be talking to? It's just the two of us over here, after all." Leaning back, she let her butt touch the floor, moving her legs to sit pretzel-style and rested her hands on her ankles. "My name is Amelie. You look like you're new here, is that right? It's okay, I'm not scary." Sometimes, being tiny helped! She always looked a little like a kid rather than the teen she really was--which was annoying but also helpful in situations like this!

Sometimes.
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper

Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:22 pm

He blinked as she sat down and noticed how.. incredibly small she was compared to him. He had to be at least a foot taller than her and they looked around the same age. He relaxed a bit, nodding a bit, "Edsel.. Sorry, I only just arrived at High Reaches with my older brother and I'm a bit nervous.." He chuckled weakly, moving to rub the back of his head.

However, he shuddered as he heard someone very familiar speaking in his head, 'Edsel, are you okay? Jacek asked me to keep an eye on you for a bit!' He groaned a bit, covering his face as he turned beet red.

Of course he would.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux