Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Someone's Trash Is Another's --- [Woky]

Where the heart of the Weyr should be.
EW-NA
Holder

Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:22 am

Someone's Trash Is Another's --- [Woky]

There was one thing he could safely say since coming to live in a weyr...

Humans were exceptionally wasteful.

That fact had always been a given in his mind, but atleast the wher knew they could eventually learn the fine art of proper self-sufficiency. This type of living setting, however, just simply let them refuse to do so.

It wasn't Drask's place to say much on that though. He didn't care to, as well. It had no bearing on him if the humans, dragons, and other whers here just wanted to have their meager pickings and make outside effort of just leaving the rest. In fact, the brown saw it as perk. If they wanted to squander so much, that just meant more for those who were smart enough to make use of it!

Which was what he was currently doing: burying his face in a pile of meal 'refuse', as it was described.

Drask was more than happy to lessen the massive pile of discarded meat bits, fruits, vegetables, and other assorteds. Raising his head, the wher cronched down on a mouthful of bones, his massive teeth easily snapping them so he could get to that sweet, sweet, wonderful marrow in the center.

A veritable nutrient smorgasbord this was!

Half eaten blobs of meat and fat just sitting around to attract flies! Produce that was only slightly soft and spotted- it had yet to fully rot! The gritty bits from the human-drinks they made. It had flavored the liquid, why not eat the rest of it? It slid down easily on the tongue once wet. There were other things mixed about, as well. Even those were good enough to chew on! A perfectly fine wooden bucket-- hard fibery bits good for the stomach, even it if wasn't flavorful.

Drask was relatively content he chose to wander with his nose a bit. The effort had paid off immeasurably.
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
Jabberwoky
Thread-Touched

Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:32 am

Well, Majima wasn't going to outright say no to another wher eating the evidence. Majimask normally took care of it, but if this other strange wher was going to, he wouldn't say no. Instead, he decided he would just hang back. His brown could handle this.

Majimask snorted, sizing up this other wher with a growl to announce his presence, his eyes whirling in annoyed oranges and reds. He had a job here too! And he had to do it too. He would.

The other brown approached Drask, grunting as he did so. There was plenty still here, and Majimask snapped up his own share of refuse.

What name? Majimask asked with his usual politeness, which was none at all. This other brown smelled wild, but clearly wasn't anymore.
Fort Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman Tuckal of Gold Serapheth
[White Journey]
Wa'en of Brown Galahath
Weyrlingmaster Lexien of Brown Mikazuchith
N'eth of Green Azoth
Weyrling Alphinaud of Green Koth
Vartin of Amethyst Vartisk
and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Journeyman Scribe Urianger
Semaca Weyr
Hecate of Almandine Cabadath
Aymeric of Garnet Thanatoth
Persephone of Green Amauroth
[Brown Bitey]
Quatre of Green Wynleth
[White Sandrock]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
G'li of Bronze Ereborth
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Weyrling Datte of White Tarith
Candidate Mori
Weyrbrat Viola
[Garnet Ultima]
EW-NA
Holder

Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:09 am

Drask had toned himself down enough that he didn't go on immediate alert the moment he smelled another wher in close proximity. There was just too many around, and that constant state of readiness was utterly... tiring.

He did atleast pause momentarily upon hearing a growl. With jaw still steadily working at his current mouthful, Drask raised his head enough for a look. There was another brown suddenly close by, and he could vaguely tell a human slightly back.

It was easy to assume they were together.

With cheeks puffed, the old wher began working at swallowing, a tattered bit of ... something that had been hanging from his mouth, slowly disappearing passed his lips until it was finally gone. He shifted, perhaps to reply, opening his massive maw--

-but instead made a guttural hauk, as something immediately popped out of his throat and clattered to the floor.

Drask stared at the indigestible item for a moment before merely plopping his head right back into the center of the feast. Continuing his work. He clearly had no problem with the other wher taking his fill of the banquet as well.

Soon enough, a voice called out from down the halls.

"Draaaaask!! Drask, where'd you go!!"

Daedra, ever the good keeper, wandered the various halls, looking for her 'missing' wher. She eventually focused in on his distinct tail from down the hall, immediately hurrying her steps.

"There you are! I was ---Oh!"

The redhead came to halt when she noticed Drask was not the only one around, almost bumping into the back of a relatively tall man. With another glance, she noticed another brown shape near her own, both burying their heads in a pile of scraps.

"Hello," Daedra beamed a smile in greeting up to the man. "-is that your wher? I see he's enjoying himself!"
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
Jabberwoky
Thread-Touched

Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:21 pm

Fair enough. Majimask replied. No use in talking if it wasn't needed at least. He had no qualms with just eating this mess and being not bothered. There was nothing to be bothered by.

As for Majima, he was not expecting a very small redhead to pop out of nowhere. This little lady was that wher's handler? Well, he'd seen stranger things.

"Yeah, that's my wher." He said with a nod, making sure that she was on his good side. Being able to see people was pretty good. "Majima of brown Majimask."

He'd be polite, there was no reason not to be.
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Wa'en of Brown Galahath
N'eth of Green Azoth
and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Semaca Weyr
[Brown Bitey]
Quatre of Green Wynleth
[White Sandrock]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
G'li of Bronze Ereborth
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Candidate Mori
Weyrbrat Viola
[Garnet Ultima]
EW-NA
Holder

Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:05 pm

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Majima," Daedra replied. "My name is Daedra, and the other brown wher is my friend, Drask! I'll be sure to say a proper hello to your partner as well- when he's not busy of course!"

She knew it was very rude to interrupt someone when they were in the middle of something. And, to a wher, eating was a very important something!

"You know, I think I recall your name from somewhere... Oh, I know," she suddenly declared, lightly tapping her closed fist to her other hand in realization. "-we're in the same group: Windsong! I saw it on the roster list!"

While Daedra spoke happily, Drask peeked his head up for a glance, mouth still chewing without pause. He carefully watched her and the other human for a few moments. While he had no problem (currently) with the wher beside him, the man was still an unknown. After a while, he put his head back down to return eating, though he was keeping a listen for anything unusual.

The small redhead was under his care afterall.

"I like your jacket very much, Mr. Majima!" Daedra piped up, happily continuing their conversation. "Is it from a special caravan or a trader perhaps? I've noticed not many others in the weyr have in a similar style of it. It certainly is very eye-catching!"
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
Jabberwoky
Thread-Touched

Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:08 pm

Majimask had no reason to worry about the other wher just yet. His handler didn't see a problem with it, therefor he would not worry. The other human was small, more of a snack than an outright threat. There would likely be no sort of violence today.

Likely.

Majima was sort of certain he had met this girl before, not that he had been to drills lately. There was an entire empire to run! And a lot to influence and sort out.

Still, Daedra was definitely not what he was worrying about.

"Ah, the jacket... it's nothin' fancy, just your standard wherhide." Though whether this little lady knew wherhide was not actually made from whers, he wasn't actually sure. "Had it for years, just a nice, custom-made pattern."

Though, looking at Daedra, he was pretty sure that no matter what he told her, she'd probably believe it. That was alright, at least. Besides, she was pretty decent company.
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Wa'en of Brown Galahath
N'eth of Green Azoth
and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Semaca Weyr
[Brown Bitey]
Quatre of Green Wynleth
[White Sandrock]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
G'li of Bronze Ereborth
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Candidate Mori
Weyrbrat Viola
[Garnet Ultima]
EW-NA
Holder

Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:09 am

Her blue eyes widened at his statement, rather surprised at his answer. However, she didn't look disgusted or horrified at the implication. Her expression was merely of interest, still sporting a smile.

"I suppose I should have assumed! For a moment, I was wondering if perhaps it was real serpent skin from the patterns. Ah, but it's very hard to make clothing from tunnel and water snakes. They're much too small to yield very workable materials, for adult clothing anyway. There's rumors that some can get so large, but I personally haven't seen any," she said, showing she had a decent knowledge of such things.

"I can see now that the patterns are embroidered! It's very lovely and whoever made it did must be very skilled! I'm personally glad it's not real snakeskin. As troublesome as they are, I think the serpents are very cute in their own way--"

Daedra's next ramble was cut short when a rather loud 'CRONCH' noise echoed through the hall. Turning, the small woman frowned as she spied her particular brown wher, having crushed the wooden bucket in his mouth. He seemed unbothered by the item technically not being 'food', and merely worked the pieces in his teeth, like a nut with its shell still whole.

"Drask!" she called out to him, sounding like an exasperated parent. "That bucket probably belonged to someone..."

Drask certainly was not upset at the notion, and merely went about eating. All the mush in his gut could use a bit of fiber.

Turning back to the much taller man, Daedra couldn't hide her sheepish smile. "How embarrassing~ I suppose I'll have to pick about his teeth tonight, make sure he doesn't have splinters. "
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
Jabberwoky
Thread-Touched

Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:03 pm

This girl was weird.

Majima was certain that whoever she was, she could in no way ever really be a threat to him. She was just weird, with a large wher that clearly didn't care what he was eating as long as he was just eating something. He'd have to be more concerned about that 'Drask' getting into it with Majimask.

"Yer a weird little lady. How'd you handle a wher that size? You don't look like a typical handler." Blunt but charming, Majima was not really in the mood to talk too much about the make of his iconic jacket. "He looks like he's just as likely to eat you as he is anything else."

Majimask still had not a care in the world. The little girl was of no matter. She was not particularly important or dangerous.
Fort Weyr
[White Journey]
Wa'en of Brown Galahath
N'eth of Green Azoth
and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Semaca Weyr
[Brown Bitey]
Quatre of Green Wynleth
[White Sandrock]
Dragonless Time
High Reaches Weyr
G'li of Bronze Ereborth
Clovis of Blue Artoriath
Exia of Blue Seieth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Stahl of Blue Kinlath
Majima of Brown Majimask
Holder Xander
[Blue Laslow]
[Green Peri]
Candidate Mori
Weyrbrat Viola
[Garnet Ultima]
EW-NA
Holder

Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:19 am

It seemed the jig was up! She'd been found out.

The small woman certainly didn't seem upset by the comment, only giving a small giggle. Afterall, it was not the first time she'd been told such a thing, and she doubted it would be the last. Daedra would admit that she was very different than what most expected in the Weyr... or even in the Holds and the outside.

"I suppose I am very different from most wherhandlers, other than I just want to take the best care of my friend," she said, absently twirling a finger about her hair. "It works out for the best though, since Drask isn't like most other whers that interact with people."

Daedra was never sure of the specific reason, but it never took long for other people to figure out just where Drask had originated from. Other whers usually knew immediately, but she imagined that was because of smell and instinct, but people didn't have such refined ones.

"He is a creature of habit though," she went on to explain anyway. "He's just simply used to taking opportunistic food when he can, since before we were never sure if there would be a long pass or there would be aplenty around. Oh, but we've made sure to learn what he can have or what he can get himself!"

Daedra certainly didn't want to give the impression that Drask was a thief. He absolutely was not! He was a good and wonderful, self-sufficient wher!

Drask, in the meantime, had consumed all the muck in his general area. Once Majimask appeared, he had decided on a rough half way point to where it would be his portion to the other's. As Drask had only found this bounty, he would not be so pressed to 'defend' it. Something he hunted himself, of course, as that required work and energy that he needed to replenish, but this had been a free-picking.

Licking any residual juices and bits remaining on the floor, he gave a final sniff around to make sure there was nothing left. Perfectly acceptable (aside from the bothersome round bits that had been keeping the wood bucket together. Useless and left to be useless).

Shifting himself, Drask casually crossed his front legs before letting his giant mass drop. With practiced ease and skill, the wher was in a comfortable laying position immediately, head and neck perfectly nestled as he relaxed after his 'meal'. Of course, he was still listening around, despite his eyes being shut, but he was a multitasker.
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux