Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Ball in the Hall [open]

Where the heart of the Weyr should be.
Dragon
Candidate

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:02 am
  • Link

Amaata was rather bemused by Marc'oni. Klah, serious? They were adults. More than that, they were dragonriders. Even young dragonriders had to be grown up. Except apparently, Marc'oni didn't realize that. Still, he was really nice and ... and Amaata wasn't at all sure what to do here.

He was polite, at least. Amaata took a seat and put Skatha on the table with Pussyfoot. The green hunched over and skulked over the surface of the table, eyes swirling in the warm colors of mistrust and suspicion. "Tht sounds good," Amaata said, watching the two flits carefully. Skatha was making no move to actually engage with Pussyfoot, but rather was just assessing the whole situation. Surely a snack would mellow her out some.

The wait for klah wouldn't be very long, and Amaata awkwardly sat and watched the two flits. Skatha positioned herself between her master and the other flit, tail swishing irritably as they waited.
EW-NA
Wingsecond

Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:40 pm
  • Link

Pussyfoot hardly seemed to notice her owner's absence, as he went off on his self-appointed task. Not unusual, since the earlier encounter made her wandering off to seem rather common. She wasn't a flit to really think much further than the current picture. Afterall, why should she? Marc'oni always seemed to appear when she needed or wanted him to, and right now she had her ball. Which was demanding more of her attention that anything.

Afterall, it was so round and roll-y, and needed something to be on top of it lest it get away! And the little strings holding it together needed chewing, and the leather covering wouldn't do without claws squeezing it. Pussyfoot's assessments were all correct, too, as the ball was very sneaky and still managed to wriggle away from her.

Shooting across the wood table, in the direction of Amaata and where Skatha sit. Realizing this, the little White scurried up and made chase after it. Seeing no issue in her action- her ball needed chasing!
Dragon
Candidate

Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:38 pm
  • Link

Amaata's attention was not as much on the flits as it maybe should have been. Pussyfoot was playing with her ball and Skatha was watching suspiciously and Amaata's attention was on Marc'oni and what was taking him so long to get two cups of klah and some treats for the flits. It didn't seem like something that should take a lot of time, but maybe it was one of those things that went faster when you were the one doing it.

Then everything happened at once. Pussyfoot's ball got away from her and rolled towards Skatha and Amaata, and Skatha hissed and lunged at the white. Amaata squeaked and quickly grabbed the green, pulling her back from the other firelizard; luckily, Skatha's aim had been to scare and not to maim, otherwise, she might have actually bitten Pussyfoot. Um. They were clearly not going to become playmates, but at least Skatha wasn't trying to do anything but stay between Amaata and the strange white.
EW-NA
Wingsecond

Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:37 pm
  • Link

Pussyfoot winced back when Skatha hissed and lunged in her direction. The ball now rolling off and out of reach from her, little Pussyfoot fell back on her bottom, sitting up and blinking large confused eyes. Not so much frightened, but rather taken aback at the series of events. Unlike Skatha, the white's more defensive and instinctive responses were clearly not up to snuff. Instead, she merely sat as she was, almost seeming lost in what to do and how to act next.

Perhaps she might have attempted another go at her ball, or perhaps take a moment to compose herself with some grooming, but--

“Klah's here! Sorry for the wait-- there was a line, and I recognized a few people, so I said hello!”

Marc'oni had opportunistically returned at the appropriate moment. Casually making his way to their area, he paused to take each klah and set them in the appropriate places.

“One for you,” he casually said, setting the first before Amaata and Skatha. “-and the other for me!” As he set his own, it was then he noticed Pussyfoot sitting as she was. “Oh, did you drop your ball again? Oh well, we'll get it later!”

Pussyfoot, having all but forgotten her almost 'frightening' experience earlier, immediately turned to her owner. Especially when she realized he had more things – things she liked! Without waiting a moment longer, the little white scurried on her clawed toes to the side of the table Marc'oni was standing by. Skidding to a stop right before him, Pussyfoot began a little dance of spins and rearing up on her back legs, reaching and making little 'grabby' gestures to him, and the tasty pastry coated things he held on the tray in his hand. Once again, opting to ignore her ability to fly or climb, even if such traits would have aided in her endeavor.

Easy, there! You'll have some-- but you have to wait your turn, okay?”
Dragon
Candidate

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:58 am
  • Link

Disaster averted. Skatha was curled up in front of Amaata but not actively going after Pussyfoot ... although she was still glaring at the other flit with teeth bared slightly, white fangs flashing in the light of the glows.

"Thank you for getting the klah," Amaata said, accepting her drink from her new friend. She took a sip of the hot spicy drink, shifting Skatha slightly so that she could put her mug down on the tabletop.

She felt particularly awkward right now. She was hoping that this might smooth out some if she kept trying, but she wasn't sure what to do. She was starting to get nervous and feel like she was going to do or say something wrong -

Be calm, mine. The smooth mental voice in her head soothed Amaata. She could do this.

"So ... how long have you been a dragonrider?" Amaata asked, turning her klah around slowly on the table. "Have you and Gawyth been here the whole time?"
EW-NA
Wingsecond

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:52 am
  • Link

As Marc'oni set his own drink safely away from the bouncing Pussyfoot, he took the time to get himself situated in his own seat first. Afterall, it didn't feel like they'd be having a conversation if Amaata was sitting down and he was awkwardly standing and moving about. Almost like a drudge when they came to clear things away or occasionally bring something over. Not that he thought them any different, but really it could hurt one's neck to crane it up to talk. Or down, depending who you were in the conversation...

Pulling his seat a bit closer, the bluerider smiled a bit as he had to actively try and keep the warm meatpie in his hands from his over eager white. She normally wasn't overly aggressive about food, but it seemed all her adventuring and playing built of an appetite – and like her ball, a food was conveniently right there. But, lo... she was meant to wait ongoing, as her owner conversed without a second thought.

“Long? Hmm... it hardly feels long,” Marc'oni mused, craning his head a bit, as if to reminisce. “It feels like it was only months ago that Gawyth was small enough I could carry, and I mean... I think I could carry a good sized baby dragon! Some of the crates I used to move around for my folks were really hefty!”

Thankfully, he only paused a moment, before realizing that didn't answer the other rider's question. “But, yeah! Gawyth and I have been here since he hatched. That was two turns ago. Not really a long amount of time some people have been riders! I take it you've been a rider for much longer, though. Since you were able to transfer and all!”
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux