Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

A Bite to Eat [open]

Dragon
Candidate

Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:27 pm
  • Link

A Bite to Eat [open]

TW: PREGNANCY

Melosa was exhausted. She'd had a long day in the creche and now that the little ones were asleep she'd dragged herself down to the kitchens to get something to eat. She was outside normal meal times so she found it easier to find food in the kitchen ... and sometimes then she could make her own meal instead of relying on whatever was left over from everyone else's dinner. Not that she'd say no to some good leftovers tonight!

With one hand on the slight swell of her belly, the pregnant mother of four poked her head in and, seeing no one right off, went to see what was available for her to eat. A bubbly pie or a couple of sausage rolls wouldn't be taken amiss right now ... or, oh, pickles. Pickles and fruit and bread ...

Poking around like the expert she was, Melosa hummed a children's lullaby to herself as she gathered up her dinner.
Calingaladha
Candidate

Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:18 pm
  • Link

There was at least one other with a late meal on their mind, as Mahi was sidling into the kitchens not long after the mother, hair windswept from flying. It wasn't her footsteps that announced her entrance so much as the cacophonic rumble that came from her stomach as soon as the smell of food reached her nostrils.

Mortified, she froze. "I promise it's not an angry canine come to disturb your dinner, it's just my stomach after patrol." She tried to diffuse the embarrassment of the awkward sound with a slight joke. "I can come back later, though, if you'd rather not be bothered." She seemed strangely uncertain, almost as if the sight of another human made her nervous.
Fort Weyr

Weyrling Alara of Garnet Alubrath
Edward of Bronze Warsk
Wafflous, the fighting cook

Semaca Weyr
Saralia of White Nahangyth
Xanatos the Journeyman Smith
Garma of Green Vranath

High Reaches Weyr
Kovu, Herder
Mahi of Garnet Kubith
Lark the Harper
Dragon
Candidate

Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:20 pm
  • Link

The rumbling stomach caught Melosa's attention, and she turned her attention from her quest to the source of the sound. Smiling warmly at the other woman, Melosa said, "Hello. I'm Melosa, and I definitely don't mind if you join me. The more the merrier, right?"

Melosa might be tired, but that didn't stop her from being kind. She wasn't going to bring up the sound that had drawn her attention and apparently embarrassed the other woman. She made a welcoming gesture at the rest of the kitchen. There was plenty of room for both of them, seeing as the kitchen was designed to service the entire Weyr.
Calingaladha
Candidate

Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:18 am
  • Link

With a grateful smile, Mahi moved to serve up her own food, careful not to crowd the other. "I'm Mahi. Garnet Kubith's rider." she introduced herself. "It's nice to meet you, Melosa." She still seemed shy, but she was friendly.

She seemed to pause for a moment. "Oh, and Kubith says we should avoid the fish pies. Apparently a couple of wherlings had them a bit ago and it's not fire they're spouting, but it'll still burn. Though, she hates fish so that might be a bit of personal preference and exaggeration." Mahi chuckled.
Fort Weyr

Edward of Bronze Warsk

Semaca Weyr
Garma of Green Vranath

High Reaches Weyr
Kovu, Herder
Mahi of Garnet Kubith
Lark the Harper
Dragon
Candidate

Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:11 pm
  • Link

"It's nice to meet you, too," Melosa said with a friendly smile. The large garnetrider seemed to be kind of reticent and the last thing that the creche worker wanted was to make her uncomfortable.

She smiled again at the warning about the fish pies. "I'll stay away from them! I was thinking of maybe some pickles and fruit and bread and maybe some cheese, depending on what's available. What about you? Other than avoiding the fish pies."
Calingaladha
Candidate

Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:00 pm
  • Link

"I was thinking a meatroll and some cheese, I think, with a nice chunk of bread to go with. I don't like to eat too heavy just after a flight, Between tends to chill my stomach a little. But if I don't eat, my rumbles will keep Kubith up all night." Mahi gave a little grin.

Her eyes did dart down momentarily to the slight swell of the woman's abdomen, opened her mouth very briefly, and then closed it again, busying herself instead with cutting some bread. "Want me to cut you a piece as well?" she wondered.
Fort Weyr

Edward of Bronze Warsk

Semaca Weyr
Garma of Green Vranath

High Reaches Weyr
Kovu, Herder
Mahi of Garnet Kubith
Lark the Harper
Dragon
Candidate

Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:46 am
  • Link

"We don't want that," Melosa said, amused by the notion of a dragon being kept up by a rumbling stomach. Somehow she'd always assumed dragons were heavy sleepers, but there was no actual reason to think that they didn't vary in how hard they slept just like humans ...

She saw the glance at her belly and grinned as she kept poking around and found a good jar of pickles. Claiming one, she offered the jar to the other woman. "Pickle? and yes, please - that bread looks perfect."
Calingaladha
Candidate

Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:39 pm
  • Link

"No, we don't. A sleep-deprived dragon is a grumpy beast at best." Mahi chuckled. She glanced back again, clearly curious of the woman's condition but unwilling to ask, and then busied herself with cutting the bread, handing Melosa the first slice.

"Oh, yes please." she said in response to the pickle query, using the knife in hand to spear one out of the jar for herself. "Pickles do some wonder for a little hydration, but I kind of always have a pickle craving."
Fort Weyr

Edward of Bronze Warsk

Semaca Weyr
Garma of Green Vranath

High Reaches Weyr
Kovu, Herder
Mahi of Garnet Kubith
Lark the Harper
Dragon
Candidate

Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:37 am
  • Link

The other woman was glancing at Melosa's belly like she wanted to say something, but Melosa couldn't quite imagine what. Life went on in a Weyr, despite Thread, despite everything. People had babies. Melosa had no idea if Mahi wanted to ask who the father was or when she was due or something else entirely. As such, she'd just wait for the dragonrider to speak on it.

"We wouldn't want grumpy dragons," Melosa said, amused by the notion. She was reminded of her own children when whiny and sleep-deprived and overlaying that on a dragon was funny.

After Mahi had gotten herself a pickle, Melosa put the jar up and took a bite out of hers. "Pickles are lovely," she agreed. "So bright and crunchy." Her current craving for them had nothing to do with her pregnancy - that was making her want berries and meat, off and on. She just liked pickles.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux