Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

A Quiet Meal [Ignys]

ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:23 pm

A Quiet Meal [Ignys]

As per usual, L'ouis ate by himself. He really did not talk to a lot of people outside of those in the Firestorm Wing, bringing the spoon of stew to his mouth and eating quietly. There had been a lot of anger and worry in the weyr for a couple days, mostly due to the results of the hatching.

A gold had hatched on the hatching grounds. Something a majority of people in the weyr did not want. He personally didn't honestly care. He had been at Fort and Serapheth had seemed to be a.. decent queen.

There was no telling if this new gold would end up like Vizeth in the stories. All they could do was wait.

He was distracted in his thoughts that he didn't notice anyone around him.
Ignys
Junior Weyrleader

Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:16 am

Legoshi blinked, noticing the greenrider eating alone. Was that choice or was it coincidence? He always thought L'ouis was preppy popular in his wing... He shrugged to himself, taking his tray and moving to sit across from him.

"Why aren't you eating with members of your wing?" He asked, messing with his food absent-mindedly. Maybe he should have just left it alone? But he had already gotten himself into this situation...
ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:19 pm

L'ouis looked at the other as he spoke, looking at the other with an almost condescending gaze. He remembered seeing the other on the hatching ground.

A candidate, if he recalled correctly. One who hadn't impressed during the large hatching. Along with that, the other appeared.. lanky, for a lack of a better word to describe it. His hair also appeared unkempt and shaggy. He did note the other had grey eyes, something that he rarely saw when looking at others.

L'ouis continued to look at him before speaking, "I prefer to eat away from my wing. It allows for me to have some time to myself." That was all he could really say, to be honest. Besides, he didn't care for being relaxed. There was always a way to improve and he often used his meals to be see what he could do to improve.

"What about you?" He stared right into Legoshi's eyes as he spoke, "You chose to sit with me instead of your other candidates, or any of the new weyrlings you were friends with."
Ignys
Junior Weyrleader

Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:59 pm

"Ah... well... I wasn't sure if you were lonely or not. But if you'd rather be alone I could always..." he trailed off, waving back towards the candidates. "The new weyrlings and I have a bit of a different schedule... So..." He shrugged a bit, picking at his food awkwardly. Had he made a mistake coming to talk to this guy? He really seemed like he wanted to be alone.

"I don't really know the rest of the candidates well, honestly."
ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:37 pm

L'ouis's eyes seemed to flicker at the other's trailing off and the picking at the other's food. The other seemed a bit.. timid, other than what the other had thought about him from first appearances. He gave a faint smile, though it quickly changed to his unemotional face, "You can continue eating with me if you wish. It is nice to eat with other people."

Plus, he was a bit curious about the other. Legoshi seemed quiet, reserved. He was quite tall, taller than a majority of people at the weyr.

"I do not tend to enjoy eating in crowds. However, if you wish to sit with me during meals, one on one, I would not oppose to it."
Ignys
Junior Weyrleader

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:59 pm

He looked surprised by that. Honestly, Legoshi had expected to be told to leave. He offered one of his odd, crooked smiles himself, completely missing the tiny one from L'ouis, actually taking a bite of his food now that his nerves were calmed.

"It can be... but like you I find too many people to be a little off-putting. Not... um... because I dislike them or anything. Its just overwhelming. I prefer to keep to myself or only eat with a few people. I wouldn't be opposed to sitting with you, if you wouldn't mind that." He was good quiet company, not so great at conversation, but he didn't think L'ouis would mind that much.
ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:00 pm

L'ouis looked at the other as he spoke. Yes, it did seem that the other appeared shy, maybe even a loner, the other continuing to think before looking at him as he finished, "Yes, I would not mind at all if you sat with me. Though, I hope you do not mind if I ask you questions about yourself."

He seemed to stare into Legoshi's eyes as he asked, "What made you decide to become a candidate?" A lot of candidates had different reasons for becoming candidates.

Was Legoshi raised in a weyr by riders, where it would have been expected of him to become a candidate?
Was he searched and brought in from somewhere else?
Was he a transfer from another weyr, or was he born in High Reaches?
Ignys
Junior Weyrleader

Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:34 pm

"Questions about me?" he looked surprised, going quiet for a moment. "I don't mind. I don't think I'm very interesting, though." But it didn't seem like L'ouis would be dissuaded by that. He seemed content enough with Legoshi's company. It put him at ease, at least a little bit.

"Becoming a candidate... um... A searchdragon showed up at my hold. My grandfather - he took care of me, see - he thought it would be a good idea to go. It took a little convincing, but... I'm here now. I'm gonna try to see it through." He didn't include the few times he was almost tempted to run back to his hold, just to get away with the chaos.
ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:15 am

"Everyone has their own story." He looked at the other as he mentioned he wasn't interesting, "Even if you do not view yourself as interesting, it does not mean you aren't."

As the other mentioned his hold, L'ouis thought for a bit. What was it like living in a hold? He had heard that some hold-born candidates were surprised to be searched. Was it the same with Legoshi?

"I see it. How did your grandfather react to you being searched? Have you ever felt that being searched was a mistake?" He continued to look deeply into the other's eyes, as if staring through him.
Ignys
Junior Weyrleader

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:20 am

"Oh all the time. But my grandfather... I think he was worried about me for a while. I tended to keep to myself. I- well, I still do... but less than back then. When I was searched, he was so happy... so supportive. It was hard to have doubts in the moment." He chuckled softly, sighing. "But I've had some moments... where I wonder if it was a mistake. But I think I'm here for a reason. I'm just not quite sure what yet."
ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:13 am

L'ouis looked at him and soon smirked a bit, "I believe you coming to High Reaches as a candidate was not a mistake, Legoshi. The searchers look for specific traits that make a good rider and as they had chosen you over others from your hold, it means that they saw the potential in you."

He took another bite of his food before continuing, "However, that begs a question. Will you disappoint them by leaving, or will you continue to train yourself and wait for the chance to impress?" He stared deeply into Legoshi's eyes, as if silently judging him based on what his answer would be.
Ignys
Junior Weyrleader

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:01 am

That startled him, and he looked down at his food quietly for a long moment. What was he going to do? He bit his lip uncertainly, tapping his fork.

"...I don't know. I don't think I'll leave. I managed to make myself stay through all the crazy things I've experienced here so far... At this point that would just feel like I was giving up. Though, um... I don't think my searchrider really cares what I do at this point." He laughed faintly. Did they ever keep track of the people they picked up? They probably had more important things to do.
ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:44 am

L'ouis smirked a bit at the other's response. He was timid, sure.. but L'ouis could see potential in him. The other was certainly interesting.

With that, L'ouis took another spoonful of his stew and looked at the other, "In a year, I will be able to become a mentor. When you get a dragon, and if Tomoeth is old enough, I would like to become your mentor." He continue to look at the other, "Your body languages suggests you're nervous, but I believe I see what the searchrider saw in you. You appear.. determined, even if you have doubts."

"What do you say?"
Ignys
Junior Weyrleader

Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:00 pm

"Oh. R-really?" That was definitely a first. None of the riders he'd talked to in passing had offered to mentor him... Legoshi found himself a little flustered, hands fidgeting a bit. "I am... nervous. A lot of the time. I feel like I intimidate people. And the same goes for people I talk to. Sometimes they intimidate me." L'ouis certainly did, but he wouldn't say that out loud to the greenrider.

"I- um... if you really wouldn't mind, I think that would be really nice. Having you as my mentor... Ah, but... You might be waiting a while." He cracked a smile. "I'll try not to keep you waiting though. Even if I don't really have a say in who I impress." If he impressed at all.
ShelbCake
Wingsecond

Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:39 pm

L'ouis chuckled a bit as the other stammered a bit. Did he throw the other off guard?

"It does not matter how long it would take. The bond between a rider and their dragon is a bond that transcends even to before a dragon is born. You will find your perfect match." He could hear the green speak in the back of his head.

'And sometimes, the dragon can influence their rider to not accept a 'perfect' dragon.' L'ouis snorted a bit in his mind.

'And how long have you been reading my mind?'

'Do you really want to know the answer to that?' L'ouis shook his head a bit before looking at Legoshi.

"Though, I should warn you that some dragons like to read into their rider's thoughts constantly."
Next
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux