Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

the suffering

dusk
Peacekeeper Captain

Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:42 am

the suffering

K'ai chewed methodically. He was slowly growing used to the strange way High Reaches seasoned their food. But he'd never forgive that they always overcooked the tubers. Every so often between bites he would pause to write something down in the well worn and much patched journal laid out on the table next to his plate.

He folded the cover closed when he was joined, leather curled from being rolled up and stuffed into the inner pocket of his flight jacket. K'ai didn't quite so far as that at the moment. It wouldn't do to seem secretive. "Good morning." His eyes read knots and face, trying to place a name to the person. He had a growing backlog of people he should know, or needed to know. Or didn't want to know at all.
FORT WEYR
Monty & Sinanjuth & Rozen Midnight Wing
E'han & Quebeleth & Eeta Twilight Wing
Sarja & Quantath & Blue Daylight Wing
Haman & Gazath Daylight Wing
Bayard & Raidoth & Small One Daylight Wing
JM Smith Kuni & Ekunisk & Ekusk & Pitch Dawn Squad
HIGH REACHES WEYR
Jasph & Yorth & TukiHat Starfall Wing
Taegan & Recksith Starfall Wing
K'ai & Vaseeth Starfall Wing
Rhona & Ellieth Starfall Wing
V'les & Ebyth Healers Wing
Lalah & Magsith Sunburst Squad
Thursday & Thursk Sunburst Squad Second
Ravi & Ravisk & Girlie Windsong Squad
Keir & Kesk Windsong Squad
Tholli & Edwyth Nightwing Weyrlings
Peony Candidate
SEMACA
Illyasviel & Wrednoth Pavane Squad
Firn & Ziath & Indi Minuet Wing
Cola & Ambraliath Nocturne Wing
Errol & Errosk Mazurka Squad
memerina
Weyrfolk

Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:57 pm

Miraelle walked pridefully through the dining hall, her dragon left back at her weyr - after all, not only was she simply too huge to have around in the lower caverns, she would ruin the atmosphere for everyone involved. She grabbed a cup of klah, knowing full well why she was here. She was in need of somebody who was likely to share her sentiment about Aldoeith's arrival and the potential threat of traditionalism leaking into High Reaches' structure. Were her dragon here, she would tell her not to forget she was once a traditionalist, and the only reason she decided not to be is because she did not impress Gold. She would, as she has done previously, with no real argument to back up her opinion, tell her to shut up.

It was then, out the corner of her eye, she spotted a man with knots of blue and brown. A chimera rider. Perfect. Traditions frowned upon mutation dragons - if the arrival of a new gold were to bring back these traditions, surely he would be at risk. He seemed quiet, writing in his journal; evidently he had nothing better to do, in her eyes. She walked over, sitting directly in the seat opposite him. "Morning." She sipped her klah obnoxiously. "I'll cut to the chase. That new gold's gonna ruin everything. Thought you'd be more concerned, couldn't help but notice your... multi-coloured knots."
dusk
Peacekeeper Captain

Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:43 am

K'ai's long fingers were a cage over the worn leather cover of his journal. Surprise made his eyebrows bounce. First up in shock and then dipping downward into a scowl. "Do you think so?" He drawled, nails pressing his journal down into the palm of his hand. Smoothing his face, he shrugged languidly.

"This is a sentiment I expected from High Reaches, but none have so boldly claimed it to my face. What makes you think that? Or that myself and my Vaseeth would be in any danger from her?" Had they not guarded her all this time? Cherished her from egg to birth? This place was stranger than he'd expected. Everything from the way they cooked their food to the way they managed their candidates was just so wrong.
FORT WEYR
HIGH REACHES WEYR
Peony Candidate
SEMACA
memerina
Weyrfolk

Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:23 am

"Well, yes." The greenrider nodded. "A clutching gold in this Weyr means greenriders are at risk, it means the Weyrleader might end up losing her position, and it might mean we end up going back to the days where everyone who isn't on the back of a huge shiny thing ends up being treated like utter shards." Another loud sip of the klah. Miraelle knew she was being obnoxious, right now. She simply had a goal; gather people with similar trains of thought. "Faranth knows what'll happen to the weird mutation dragons, like your own."

She crossed her legs, leaning back in the seat. "I'm just not sure High Reaches... needs a gold, y'know? I think we're fine as we are. A colour is just a colour... unfortunately some people want to go back to the old, traditional ways. Would you not want to put a stop to that, chimera rider?" She grinned, her expression being somewhat sinister. She knew that at some point, she wanted gold. She wanted power. And right now, her dragon wasn't here to tell her to be quiet.
dusk
Peacekeeper Captain

Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:02 am

K'ai drank his klah to keep from sputtering. It was easier to silence his tongue and school his features behind the mug than it would have been otherwise. Because he could not say he didn't think the Weyrleader should lose her position. Using the knuckle of his thumb to wipe away a drop of klah from his lip, K'ai frowned.

"A clutching gold does nothing to endanger greenriders. Do you see the other Weyrs disposing of them simply because they have a queen to lay their clutches?" He pressed the question with a quirk of his eyebrow. Surely this girl didn't think that? It seemed so ludicrous to K'ai that he was sure there had to be something else behind her reasoning.

Prodding an improperly cooked tuber with his fork, K'ai shrugged, stuffing his outrage down. There was absolutely nothing weird about his dragon. Eyes flashing and jaw hardening, K'ai took the comment without rebuke. But he would remember it. Weird indeed. How forward thinking of High Reaches!

"The leadership obviously disagree with you, since they accepted the clutch, knowing full well there was a gold egg among it." K'ai blinked innocently at her. Face carefully droll. Vaseeth, hovering curious at the back of his mind, was vastly amused. Somehow this helped K'ai to keep from laughing in her face. "You forget I come from a traditional Weyr, where I was never abused because of my dragons weird mutation as you put it." K'ai stuck a tuber in his mouth and regretted it instantly.
FORT WEYR
HIGH REACHES WEYR
Peony Candidate
SEMACA
memerina
Weyrfolk

Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:32 am

A sinister grin plastered on Miraelle's face as the other man's anger started to bubble within him. She was used to people getting riled up by her, in fact, it amused her. Her left hand crept across the table towards her drink. "Calm yourself." She took a long sip, staring at him. "I guess I'll have to explain it to you... now that the Weyr has a gold, do you not think it's going to make everyone shift back into the old method? All the greenriders in leadership positions will be shunted back to mere thread-fodder. The other Weyrs don't dispose of them per se... simply put them in their place. They believe Golds rule. We can't let that happen again now, can we?!"

She kept a close watch of his temperament, his anger, his reactions to her outlandish statements. Despite this, she doesn't really seem to be listening to what he's actually saying. "Don't be so insulted. 'Abused' is such a strong word... I'd say more 'looked down upon by the olden types.' After all, you don't fit into the hierarchy. It baffles them. Their structure is broken. One golden dragon will revert High Reaches' entire ecosystem back to the days of a robust, solid, yet cruel structure. And we cannot have that..."
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux