Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Feast] The Evening Celebration

Erionda
Traveler

Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:57 pm
  • Link

R'dihn of Green Eksenath - Ducan, Open

Tugging on his boots after having woken from a small nap, R'dihn then smoothed out his hair. It was amazing how fast things changed in the Weyr. One moment he was transferred in. His few belongings had been stuffed into the candidate barracks. Not that he cared mind you, finally feeling at ease there things had shifted once again. Before he could even think about his things after impressing Ekenath, they had already been shuffled over to the new Weyrling barracks.

His dark eyes cast around the room slowly. Observing everything he could. This would be his new living space for the greater part of a year while Eksenath grew. It's size, left his mouth ajar. He had heard how large even the Weyrling barracks were, but he never really imagined it was this big. Rubbing the back of his neck, R'dihn pushed himself off the bed he was sitting on. Glancing over to his slumbering companion, marveling at the beauty of her. His brows drawing together with concern. He wanted to check on the two candidate who had accidentally been in Eksenath's way as she was looking for him.

It can't have been easy for Augustine to have felt his greens teeth sink into her leg like that. He wondered if she would have been tended to quick enough to be present in the feast. If she was, he wanted to reach out to make sure she was okay.

You were not where you should have been standing, mine.

These things happen, it was actually a very calm hatching. Come now, we have a feast to attend and fellow Weyrlings I would like to leave a better impression on R'dihn encouraged briefly. Rising to his feet, moving towards his green to caress the top of her head slowly.

She gave a low rumble, her head rising to meet the contact of her riders hand. Her eyes whirling a soft green. Her body rising from her resting position. Together they walked from their new resting place in the Weyrling barracks, towards the hall where food would likely be available. Ahead of them they could see Ducan and his white Yipyth moving in the same direction.

"Ducan." R'dihn spoke. Waving his hand in an attempt to gain the whiteriders attention. Remembering the white dragon had been the one to hatch just previous his own green. A smile across his lips, hoping the other Weyrling had heard him. Quickening his pace to catch up with the man. "A rare moment to spend with our dragons before they are too big to join us in the dinning hall. Are you excited?"

Eksenath walked steady and poised. Never changing the pace of her stride. Her head remaining high and regal. She wasn't hungry, at least, not yet. Still feeling full from the feeding she had gotten a few hours ago just after hatching.
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper Captain

Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:38 pm
  • Link

Kvar - Raine and Ge'is

Kvar practically burst into the feast, panting softly. He looked around before finally spotting the pair of dragonriders. He smiled softly, beginning to walk to his niblings. He couldn't believe it with his own eyes, but both his niece and nephew had become greenriders.

'Just like Virginia and Kloitz had been.' Kvar thought solemnly, remembering his sister and her weyrmate, the father of Raine and Ge'is. He was sure, if both of them were around today, they would be so proud of their children.

As he approached, Mimikyuth looked a bit nervous, moving behind Ge'is gently. However, he soon smiled at his dragon, patting her head gently.

"Oh, I'm sorry for worrying you, little one. I'm just.. so happy that my nephew finally impressed. Genis, I am so proud of you." Ge'is yelped as his uncle hugged him tightly, "I must say, you have quite a beautiful green as well. I am Kvar, young dragon."

Ge'is of Green Mimikyuth - Kvar and Raine

To say Ge'is was embarrassed was a bit of an understatement. He knew his uncle was incredibly proud of both him and Raine, but he wasn't used to being complimented. He coughed a bit, sighing as he managed to pull away.

"It's Ge'is now, Uncle Kvar. This is Mimikyuth." The small green dragon lifted her head, looking at the weyrfolk. What was an uncle and why did Ge'is call this man an uncle?
Fort
Z'rya of Bronze Gravith (Midnight Wing)
Wingleader Ozma of Brown Akioth (Eclipse Wing)
Regal of Brown Brickth (Eclipse Wing)
Arashi of Garnet Hercegth (Twilight Wing)
Squilf of Garnet Tamiascith (Twilight Wing)
Clover of Blue Kurceth (Aurora Wing)
Sak'rou of Blue Hastuth (Daylight Wing)
Shulk of Blue Arachoth (Daylight Wing)
Eichi of Blue Cheruth (Twilight Wing)
Aoi of Blue Kurabeth (Daylight Wing)
Journeyman Healer Kouichi of Green Kuzoth (Healer's Wing)
Haru of Green Rosaceaeth (Aurora Wing)
Flynn of Green Nith (Daylight Wing)
Perryl of Green Pyrrhiath (Aurora Wing)
Trein of Green Ideth (Daylight Wing)
Alder of Green Unnverdath (Healer's Wing)
Zanza of Gold Zansk (Dusk Squad)
Yuri of Blue Yurisk (Dawn Squad)
Reyn of Green Reysk (Dawn Squad)
Eclipsa of Green Eclipsk (Dawn Squad)
Zagi of Green Zask and Blue Zagisk (Dusk Squad)
Candidate Loek
Candidate Fujin
High Reaches
Leon of Bronze Chopith (Firestorm Wing)
Jason of Bronze Jezeroth (Firestorm Wing)
Zia of Brown Molossth (Stormlight Wing)
Weiss of Garnet Glyphith (Moonshot Wing)
Jacek of Garnet Rinisath (Moonshot Wing)
Vil of Garnet Syzygiuth (Moonshot Wing)
J'ack of Blue Reyth (Starfall Wing)
Oscar of Blue Currth (Raindance Wing)
Mikleo of Blue Denizth (Starfall Wing)
Flora of Green Linpheth (Healer's Wing)
L'ouis of Green Tomoeth (Raindance Wing)
Edsel of Green Rexcalith (Raindance Wing)
Trey of Green Clovith (Raindance Wing)
Graham of Green Paceth (Healer's Wing)
Sol of White Ateth (Healer's Wing)
Magnius of Brown Magniusk and Green Agnisk (Windsong Squad)
Maple of Green Plesk (Sunburst Squad)
Ironwood of White Ironwosk (Windsong Squad)
Weyrling Ge'is of Green Mimikyuth
Candidate Inosuke
Journeyman Smithcrafter Kvar
Semaca
Wei'ling of Porcelain Chenqith (Lamentoso Squad)
Glassi of Brown Fuwath (Nocturne Wing)
Penny of Brown Sedatath (Pavane Squad)
Zelos of Blue Lupruth (Chopin Squad)
Shinku of Blue Cinnimith (Pavane Squad)
Aegis of Blue Imorth (Pavane Squad)
Dedue of Green Essengeth (Chopin Squad)
Solhrae of Green Herth (Requiem Squad)
Sylvanas of Green Amaeth (Requiem Squad)
Akai of Green Norrith (Mineut Wing)
Edalyn of White Lechuzath (Minuet Wing)
Genn of Brown Gesk (Weyr Guard)
Ercilia of Garnet Ercilisk (Mazurka Squad)
Mariana of Garnet Marisk (Mazurka Squad)
AWH Palutena of Blue Lutenask (Weyr Guard)
Jetsam of Green Tsask (Chopin Squad)
Dimitri of White Dimisk (Chopin Squad)
Damario of Bloodstone Dask (Pavane Squad)
Weyrling Henri of Green Inadameth
Journeyman Weaver Amara
Pirate Alun
Candidate Wrathion
nineofswords
Weyrwoman

Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:57 pm
  • Link

Miguel - tag Ritsa

Miguel made a face when Ritsa said they'd have to help the weyrlings as a mentorship thing. "Wait, seriously? So after we get passed over by all the dragons, you mean we have to help take care of them? That's hardly fair." He wasn't terribly broken up about not impressing, but if these dragons didn't think he was good enough for them, why the forsk should he have to take care of them?!? Not to mention, there were a few former candidates he'd really rather not have to help. Mostly because they seemed to have a problem with him, and that just seemed like a very tense position to do annoying chores in.

Miguel saw the twinkle in Ritsa's eyes. He knew a plan when he saw one and leaned forward eagerly. "Not too sure," he admitted. "This being my first hatching and all. Figure they'd be upset if any of the baby dragons got hurt, but I wanna hear what you have in mind." There was a mischievous twinkle in his eye as well.

"Eh, even if another queen rises elsewhere, I'll probably stay here," Miguel admitted. "I kinda like it here. It's not quite as...stuffy as other places. Not as rigid." The looser hierarchy of High Reaches appealed to him a lot. Most holds expected people to be deferential, and he'd never liked that. Here at High Reaches, though, most people seemed helpful and community-oriented rather than hung up on rank so much. It was...nice. He didn't often think about extending a stay somewhere, but at High Reaches, he could really see himself getting comfortable.
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Wherling Ennis of Green Ennisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Weyrling Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
Erionda
Traveler

Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:59 am
  • Link

Candidate Ritsa - Miguel

Ritsa nodded earnestly, "yeah that's gunna be our job." Her eyebrows scrunched at the mention of it being unfair. She herself was eager to help out and be around the dragons more. Especially this close to ones so fresh from their shells. Sighing she leaned back into her hair, taking another sip from her mug. He had a point when it came to making a commotion. There was the risk of the candidate master finding out and then, well, there would go her ability to stand at the next hatching. For sure.

"Nah, you're probably right. Messing with the dragons would get us into more trouble than the risk is worth." Ritsa's head perked up towards the figure of her brother moving in the distance, illuminated by the glows of the hallway he walked down. Two Weyrlings, a white in front of him and then of course himself.

The candidate found herself torn between wanting to rush up to her brother and the desire to keep talking to someone who was giving her their time. Ritsa turned her attention back towards Miguel. He didn't come across as the type who would be eager to interact with the newly hatched anyway. So she figured she would be best to leave that part alone. For now. "Well we could see about catching some Wherries and letting them loose in the Weyrling barracks?" She offered
emil
Traveler

Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:17 pm
  • Link

//sorry yall, things are honestly going to get busier for me before they calm down again, going to a convention in May. but wanted to give my greenpair some love <3//

Haspa of Green Chiradath - open

What a whirlwind of an evening! Haspa was given but a few moments to escape the spinning vortex of activities and formalities before diving back into the fray, minutes that they were taking to comb their hair and don a fresh set of clothing. Their tough leathers would need to be laundered when they returned for the final time to the barracks to gather their things. So very curious and disorienting, to be a weyrling. Whatever the dragons touched became magical. Exciting. New. Different.

The dragons had finally touched them. Haspa was chosen, by the most cunning Green to ever have laid upon the Sands. Now they were changing from within, too swiftly to bear and yet not quickly enough to satisfy. The bond was -- setting, they realized. Something something something. They couldn't recall reading about anything like this. But how would it ever be possible, they realized, to truly study Impression? The Greenrider felt they could fill a whole hard-bound tome with these feelings, maybe more. But on the other hand -- they felt oddly secretive, protective of the fact. Of Chiradath's very existence, and most certainly the intimate details of their bonding process.
Why should I ever reveal these wings that beat in my heart? My feelings are mine. They belong to me. She belongs to, I belong to... .
Haspa and Chiradath were thirsty both, sipping ravenously from the other. Slake your thirst, dearest love. It's alright, I've more than enough for you. I'm more than enough for you.

As though they were inspecting some pretty feather, they watched her as she flicked her wings back and forth, testing... something. They resisted the urge to bowl her over with gushing cuteness, opting for quiet admiration. Her lines were so very -- deviant, Haspa realized. The Green's conformation was possessed of a decidedly avian attitude. She picked up her delicate feet, wiggling impatiently as her rider's exacting gaze dragged down her spindly legs, her swollen keel. Their admiration was sufficient; they would retain the skin of their pretty face. But why should she reveal her bluff? For now, she'd let them feel the same uncertainty as a sermurine might, the first time going above ground again after a huntbird's attack. Will she... won't she?

Haspa should stay beautiful, she taunted as they eyed each other with growing unease. She wasn't going to cut them any slack just because they were her rider; born of Telgar, now of High Reaches. Prove your allegiance to my kind, to me. To these cruel spires and twisted heights that rightfully belong to I. The dragonet's eyes swirled red. Difficult to read, this one.

You are -- a wonder, and also a terror, Haspa decided fondly. Sure, it's cute now, but how about when she inevitably becomes a three-ton Thread-flaming beast? Will she really listen to you? She's so damned willful, a small voice in the back of their mind wheedled, bitingly logical. What to do, indeed... . Chiradath hissed and spun away, declaring she was finished with all the fussing. Breaking the tension with a razor-snap of her tail through the air.
You are somehow mine. I am somehow yours!

Wouldn't do to be late, Haspa realized with a start. They gathered themselves up, understandably eager to leave their rocky Candidacy behind. Excited to show off the gorgeous Green, make themselves known. Indulge in some delicious gossip here and there. Chiradath sprang to heel, wheels turning in her secretive mind. She had her own desires. Her rider would know when she felt it was appropriate, not the other way around.
Fort Weyr
N/A
High Reaches Weyr
Weyrling Haspa of Green Chiradath
Semaca Weyr
Weyrling R'tax of Bronze Valorath & green Stella
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux