Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Feast] The Evening Celebration

Jabberwoky
Thread-Touched

Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:30 am
  • Link

[Feast] The Evening Celebration

The kitchens have been very busy today! With a new weyrling class, the evening comes with a feast! Come meet the newest dragonriders of High Reaches Weyr!
Fort Weyr
Senior Weyrwoman Tuckal of Gold Serapheth
[White Journey]
Weyrlingmaster Lexien of Brown Mikazuchith
Hollow of Brown Bysalth
Ni'all of Brown Calyptrath
Wa'en of Brown Galahath
Alphinaud of Green Koth
N'eth of Green Azoth
Playne of Green Iosefkath
Vartin of Amethyst Vartisk
and Garnet Varsk
[Bone Otani]
Journeyman Scribe Urianger
Semaca Weyr
Hecate of Almandine Cabadath
D'ryu of Bronze Cyroth
Aymeric of Garnet Thanatoth
Persephone of Green Amauroth
[Brown Bitey] [Blue Paladin]
Quatre of Green Wynleth
[White Sandrock]
Majima of Brown Majimask
Weyrling Ke'ro of Green Ossabhath
Candidate Pierrick
Dragonless Time
Journeyman Carpenter/Sailor Wojchek
High Reaches Weyr
G'li of Bronze Ereborth
Lelouch of Blue Isith
[Gold Banshee]
Lobelia of Blue Imeterth
Datte of White Tarith
[Green Illium]
Weyrling Zoh'tof Brown Lannith
Lanselot of Brown Selosk
JM Healer Vallauris
[Gold Aether]
Holder Xander
[Bronze Siegfried] [Blue Laslow] [Green Peri]
Wherling Mori of Gold Morsk
Weyrbrat Viola
[Garnet Ultima]
Candidate Clive
[Gold Phoenix] [Brown Ifrit] [Blue Ramuh]
[Green Garuda] [Green Shiva]
Weyrfolk Daosea
nineofswords
Weyrwoman

Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:07 pm
  • Link

Ry'n of Green Yuelith - Open, looking for his brothers

His first lesson as a weyrling was behind him, his dragonet washed and oiled and looking clean and perfect, his things moved from his old room into a brand new one in the weyrling barracks. It had been good! Busy, tiring work. It had helped keep him from thinking about the fact that neither of his brothers had impressed and he was all alone in this weyrling class oh Faranth -

You're not all alone, though! You have me! Yuelith said, popping her head back out from under the bed where she'd been exploring. She came and put her head on Ry'n's lap. They're still your brothers, even if they aren't in your class! There's no reason to miss them or to be scared! My siblings are all really nice!

Ry'n thought about the two greens that had gone on a rampage back-to-back.

Oh, they were just excited to find their best friends, I'm sure they didn't mean anything by it! Ry'n winced a little. Yuelith could read his thoughts so easily. And he had so many that weren't very nice, so many he didn't want Yuelith to have to hear. He should probably talk to someone about how to protect her from his own anxieties. He didn't want that rubbing off on her, affecting her somehow.

Now stop being silly, silly! We have a feast to get to, right? So let's go!

"Oh, but..." Ry'n had long since changed out of his candidate robes, but he was hardly in his Gather best. He'd have to change if he wanted to go. And that was going to fraught, because he'd be second-guessing every clothing choice, and that was going to make him late, and also there were going to be so many people there, and he was going to make a complete fool of himself, he just knew it -

Ry'n! Ry'n Ry'n Ry'n! Yuelith said, tugging insistently on his sleeve. Ry'n we have to go! You're not going to look silly! And your brothers are gonna be there, gonna want to give you a hug and tell you how good you did, and nobody's gonna be mean to you because they'll all be [i]so nice, I'm sure of it! C'mon, let's go! You can just go in that, I think it looks nice![/i]

Ry'n held up the sleeve she'd just been tugging on. The sweater had already been full of holes before she'd put the teeth marks into it. "I should at least change out of this," they said.

Oh! Ry'n, Ry'n, can I pick out what sweater you wear instead?

He couldn't refuse her. Which was how he ended up wearing a bright yellow jacket with small polka-dots on it over the checkered, equally bright shirt he'd originally had on under the first sweater. It was embarrassing, but somehow less embarrassing since it was Yuelith's decision rather than his own. Something about being able to say "Oh, my dragon picked this out for me" made the idea of standing out like this a little less mortifying.

Ry'n kept his head on a swivel when he stepped into the party, hunching a little defensively at the noise level, but he was on the lookout for his brothers. And possibly one of the candidatemasters. After all, they knew what he was like, he could ask them about protecting Yuelith from his anxiety spirals without having to explain why he felt like it was needed. It was hard, though, looking for specific people while also wrangling a little green who kept wanting to say 'hi' to every single person.
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Wherling Ennis of Green Ennisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Weyrling Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper Captain

Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:45 pm
  • Link

Ge'is of Green Mimikyuth - Open

Honestly, being on the side of celebration, rather than being one celebrating, was something Ge'is was a bit unused to. He sighed, fidgeting with his shirt buttons before looking at the reflective material he was looking into.

It had been five years he had been waiting. He had seen countless roommates impress before he ever got a chance to and now, it was his turn. It wasn't hard moving stuff into his new quarters, though Virginia was certainly excited and began to search around the room as soon as she was able to. She seemed to get along well enough with Mimikyuth, though she wasn't entirely sure what to think about her at this point.

Ge'is had to think she didn't think he would have impressed either, to be honest..

He took a deep breath as he turned towards Mimikyuth.. and held back a snort when he saw she had managed to hide herself under his covers. He slowly walked over, placing his hand on her head, "Come on, I promise it won't be so bad." The green slowly peeked her head out, looking nervous as her eyes swirled with yellow.

"What if I get overwhelmed?" Ge'is gave a light smile, sitting down on the bed beside her.

"Then, how about we leave early?" The dragon seemed to think on it for a bit before nodding softly. That seemed like a good option. She knew she could trust Ge'is and make sure she wouldn't be overstimulated. Plus, based on her interactions with Taarisoth, she did seem to be a social dragon.

Just a bit shy at first.

Slowly, the two made their way to the feast. As they arrived, Ge'is looked around to find a more quiet spot for the green dragon. Mimikyuth looked at him, a thankful color flashing in her eyes as she followed him. Ge'is just smiled, putting his hand on her head to let her know, silently, he was going to be beside her the entire time.
Fort
Z'rya of Bronze Gravith (Midnight Wing)
Wingleader Ozma of Brown Akioth (Eclipse Wing)
Regal of Brown Brickth (Eclipse Wing)
Arashi of Garnet Hercegth (Twilight Wing)
Squilf of Garnet Tamiascith (Twilight Wing)
Clover of Blue Kurceth (Aurora Wing)
Sak'rou of Blue Hastuth (Daylight Wing)
Shulk of Blue Arachoth (Daylight Wing)
Eichi of Blue Cheruth (Twilight Wing)
Aoi of Blue Kurabeth (Daylight Wing)
Journeyman Healer Kouichi of Green Kuzoth (Healer's Wing)
Haru of Green Rosaceaeth (Aurora Wing)
Flynn of Green Nith (Daylight Wing)
Perryl of Green Pyrrhiath (Aurora Wing)
Trein of Green Ideth (Daylight Wing)
Alder of Green Unnverdath (Healer's Wing)
Zanza of Gold Zansk (Dusk Squad)
Yuri of Blue Yurisk (Dawn Squad)
Reyn of Green Reysk (Dawn Squad)
Eclipsa of Green Eclipsk (Dawn Squad)
Zagi of Green Zask and Blue Zagisk (Dusk Squad)
Candidate Loek
Candidate Fujin
High Reaches
Leon of Bronze Chopith (Firestorm Wing)
Jason of Bronze Jezeroth (Firestorm Wing)
Zia of Brown Molossth (Stormlight Wing)
Weiss of Garnet Glyphith (Moonshot Wing)
Jacek of Garnet Rinisath (Moonshot Wing)
Vil of Garnet Syzygiuth (Moonshot Wing)
J'ack of Blue Reyth (Starfall Wing)
Oscar of Blue Currth (Raindance Wing)
Mikleo of Blue Denizth (Starfall Wing)
Flora of Green Linpheth (Healer's Wing)
L'ouis of Green Tomoeth (Raindance Wing)
Edsel of Green Rexcalith (Raindance Wing)
Trey of Green Clovith (Raindance Wing)
Graham of Green Paceth (Healer's Wing)
Sol of White Ateth (Healer's Wing)
Magnius of Brown Magniusk and Green Agnisk (Windsong Squad)
Maple of Green Plesk (Sunburst Squad)
Ironwood of White Ironwosk (Windsong Squad)
Weyrling Ge'is of Green Mimikyuth
Candidate Inosuke
Journeyman Smithcrafter Kvar
Semaca
Wei'ling of Porcelain Chenqith (Lamentoso Squad)
Glassi of Brown Fuwath (Nocturne Wing)
Penny of Brown Sedatath (Pavane Squad)
Zelos of Blue Lupruth (Chopin Squad)
Shinku of Blue Cinnimith (Pavane Squad)
Aegis of Blue Imorth (Pavane Squad)
Dedue of Green Essengeth (Chopin Squad)
Solhrae of Green Herth (Requiem Squad)
Sylvanas of Green Amaeth (Requiem Squad)
Akai of Green Norrith (Mineut Wing)
Edalyn of White Lechuzath (Minuet Wing)
Genn of Brown Gesk (Weyr Guard)
Ercilia of Garnet Ercilisk (Mazurka Squad)
Mariana of Garnet Marisk (Mazurka Squad)
AWH Palutena of Blue Lutenask (Weyr Guard)
Jetsam of Green Tsask (Chopin Squad)
Dimitri of White Dimisk (Chopin Squad)
Damario of Bloodstone Dask (Pavane Squad)
Weyrling Henri of Green Inadameth
Journeyman Weaver Amara
Pirate Alun
Candidate Wrathion
Arcane
Thread Destroyer

Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:38 pm
  • Link

Raine of Green Spriggth - Ge'is

Raine didn't had a lot of family left. As far as she knew, her, Kvar and Ge'is were the only survivors of their bloodline. Which meant Raine had never before been here, standing in the Dining Hall, waiting to meet her brother's dragon.

To her surprise, she was a bit anxious. It was an unfamiliar feeling. Raine had never been a woman prone to insecurity and had never been the sort to chase after the approval of strangers.

But she had never met the new hatchling of someone she cared about before. What if Mimikyuth didn't approve of Raine? A rider's loyalty was to their dragon over their bloodkin. It was why all their children were raised in the creche. Ge'is and Raine had had only each other and Kvar for so long it was strange to think that they no longer came first.

"Congratulations, Ge'is. She's beautiful," Raine said, as she approached her brother with a smile. Weyr families learned to let go each and every hatching. If everyone else could do it, so could Raine. She dropped a curtsey to the young dragon, "Hello, Mimikyuth. You've chosen an excellent rider for yourself. I'm Ge'is' sister, Raine. I'm pleased to meet my brother's dragon at long last."

Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth - Open

Somewhat to her surprise, Sha'm had not been forbidden to go to the Hatching Feast. There would be a reckoning coming in the morning- Camilla had made that quite clear- but the Weyrling Master had also told her to enjoy herself. A day like today only came once in a rider's life and after a turn of deception, Camilla thought it made little difference if Sha'm was punished today or tomorrow.

It was...surprisingly reasonable, all things considered.

Sha'm wore a deep red dress in a modern style, borrowed from High Reaches' storage rooms, which created a stunning contrast with Taarisoth's hide. Dragon and rider had agreed they were not going to be one of those pairs with matching color schemes. It was tacky.

Taarisoth assessed the room besides her, with eyes far sharper than a hatchling ought to have, already cynically seeking out any possible advantage, Your strategies certainly don't lack for audacity. I'll give you that, darling. Now do be a dear and remember this for me, won't you?

Sha'm raised an eyebrow as Taarisoth started sending her his initial impressions and observations.

Fortunately for you, your rider was a scribe, Sha'm agreed. Taarisoth was her dragon, which made them allies, even if not friends. Better to work together than at cross-purposes, We're trained to retain information. You'll find no faults with my memory.

Sha'm had nothing better to be doing anyway. While fellow weyrlings had been more pleasant to her than she might have expected and it seemed Sha'm would not be shunned from weyr life, she actually knew very few people at High Reaches. One of the hazards of lying to everyone about everything was that it made genuine friends, or even acquaintances, hard to come by. None Sha'm's friends were really hers- they belonged to fake!Sharem. Which was fine. Friendship was overrated. But it made for boring parties.

Candidate Pyeta - Ry'n

The dragons had made a big mistake. Why, by all of Faranth's golden graces, would choose 18 other candidates- including a liar and a thief- when Pyeri stood there, possessed of all the riderly virtues any dragon could wish? All the dragons except Yuelith were clearly blind, if they could not see Pyeri's worth.

But tonight was a night of celebration, for Ry'n and for the one dragon in this class with half a shard of good taste. Yuelith and Ry'n deserved better than for him to be distracted contemplating the poor judgment of less discerning and worthy dragons.

"R'yn! Yuelith!" Pyeta called out, raising a glass. He had filled it with fruit juice rather than wine, even though he was not a weyrling. Ry'n wasn't allowed alcohol and his older brother, Pyeta did not wish to remind him of what he was missing, "A toast to you both! To your good health and coming glories!"

Pyeta's father had always given the toasts back home and Pyeta hoped he was doing it right. Ry'n and his dragon should have only the finest festivities.
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
Cole of Garnet Colsk and Blue Colodeosk
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Kiriani of Green Tabesleuth
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Rhaenys of White Cosmiath
Wingleader Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
I'lir of Brown Belliorath
Ingrid of Brown Delinarth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Zhuli of Blue Zhusk and Blue Lisk
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Wilred of Green Lresk and Blue Wilrsk
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Hermione of Brown Echoneth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Corleon of Blue Corleosk and White Corlesk
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Natsuno of Green Minamith
L'ani of Green Haillenarth
Rhea of Green Rheask
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Athan
Tarva
Windra
Candidate

Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:49 pm
  • Link

F'yore of Garnet Geminith - @ Ry'in, Yuelith brief bump into Mimikyuth, Sh'am

She was there. Of course she was there! And though F'yore was suspecting she'd be late, it was quite a surprise to see the contrary! Moving from the candidate barracks to the weyrling quarters had taken a lot more time and consideration that she previously assumed. At least the Hatching had happened that morning. The real food wouldn't be served until sunset!

So she had time to dawdle over all of her precious books and scrolls, her parchment and ink, old maps and diagrams of things long forgotten. Each item was handled with utmost caution. They may as well be newborn babes, just like Geminith. Except the dragon wasn't nearly as fragile and certainly wasn't chewing on any odds and ends, drooling up the place.

Nope. They were nibbling F'yore's ear instead.

Tell me what this image is! Oh, I hate that I can't read your human language. Can you teach me? All of these things look so - so - exciting! They were a bit of a clumsy creature, still getting accustomed to new limbs, and F'yore had to steady them more times than she could count. What about writing? Do you suppose I can learn? But I suppose our thumbs aren't ... what, opposable?

That gave her pause and F'yore groomed over Geminith's large front paws. The thumb looked like it could move in certain ways, but definitely not like a human's. But maybe they could like ... use certain talon impressions to indicate words ... Or do some rudimentary drawing.

"You know what, let's put a pin in that thought," F'yore told the garnet half-dismissively. "You're going to be wrapped up in all the training with me that includes raising you, learning to hunt, so on so forth. I'm sure we can manage ... something extracurricular when we aren't up to our noses in chores. Let's see how we can manage the first few weeks, huh? If we're falling asleep standing up, we'll hardly be able to take up new education!" She booped a snoot. Geminith sneezed. "And a healthy mind requires rest!"

F'yore didn't put a lot of thought into what to wear. She thought she'd be so pressed for time that she didn't even bother to pull her hair into its usual bun, so it draped beautifully down to the center of her back. The Harper donned her green dress with yellow frills - something intricate she usually reserved for Gathers - and ensured Geminith was well-oiled. Their belly was full now but could stand to be stuffed some more! And F'yore? She was starving!

Into the dining hall they went. Geminith warbled their entry, happily butting into Mimikyuth's side before settling next to Yuelith. Their purple wedge head bobbing happily, swirling eyes directed towards Ry'in's sweater and they thrummed approvingly.

Whoa! Look at those colors! You stand out like the sun on a cloudy day! What material is that? What makes those colors! You have to tell me!

"Give them some room to breath, will you," F'yore barked a laugh. In the time it took for the garnet to make their entrance, F'yore had retrieved food and drink. She settled across from Ry'in, taking a very full mouthful of bread and swallowing hard. "That really is a robust color. Certainly makes you the beacon in a crowd."

When she noticed Sh'am, F'yore definitely did go out of her way to slide over. Geminith was happily shoving her nose into everybody else's business, and all that drama on the Hatching Ground with the new bluerider captivated her attention, demanding to be sated.

"What's all this about you being a not-Timer?" F'yore sought a pitcher of klah and offered some after filling her own cup. "You certainly had some sharp eyes on you for a bit. I hope they didn't make you feel too uncomfortable out there."
Erionda
Traveler

Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:17 pm
  • Link

Candidate Ritsa - Miguel, Open

The young woman unceremoniously dropped her full plate down on the table beside Miguel. Though she had only met him she was happy to keep him in her company. "You know, ones brother really should let their family know when they transfer." Ritsa dripped with loathing as she stared off towards the Candidates who had impressed in today's clutch.

Realizing that Miguel was missing the context in which she was speaking she faced him. Taking in a deep purposeful breath. "Looks like my brother transferred here too, he just, didn't have the guts to tell me. And wouldn't you believe it, he impressed a green." Her voice dropped, her body slumping into the seat beside the other Candidate. Stuffing a roll into her mouth as she stewed about the current circumstances and her writhing jealousy.

She wanted to congratulate her brother, wanted a chance to be near the green dragon. She knew better of the actions however. Right now it was important to leave the pair alone until the dragon was well fed. Maybe she would get the chance to help oil the large green hatchling when the time came. "Do you have a color preference you wish to impress." Ritsa managed around a mouthful of her roll. Her eyes wandering to the various other individuals who had also failed to impress from this clutch.
Arcane
Thread Destroyer

Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:53 pm
  • Link

Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth - F'yore

"I don't fluster easily. I'm not going to melt from a couple death glares," Sha'm assured F'yore, with a sardonic half-grin. F'yore was a recent arrival to the weyr, which meant she knew little about real or fake Sharem, "Honestly? I'd have expected the reactions to be worse. Folks are still talking to me politely enough. No one's tried to get me get re-exiled. Shards, Camilla didn't even ban me from the Hatching Feast. Being a dragonrider really does let you get with almost anything."

It seemed like these days, the most popular punishment for dragonriders who royally forsked up was exile to Semaca. As if eternal summer surrounded by interesting, slightly criminally inclined company was much of a deterrent. If dragons weren't so picky about who they Impressed, Sha'm imagined half of Pern would be lining up for their share of riderly immunity from real consequences.

"Like Taarisoth said, I was a scribe down by Fort, until I got mixed up with the wrong sort of people and found myself banished for petty theft, while the Lord Holder who'd set me up to it got off Scot-Free," Sha'm explained casually. Once she could fly, maybe she'd find a way to even the score with her least favorite Lord, "When I learned about the time travelers, I saw an opportunity. I was a historian before I was holdless, so I knew enough to pull it off. I came up a story no one could verify, about being Searched by a rider who went missing a little over two centuries ago. Then I pretended to be lost somewhere near the weyr and waited to be 'rescued'. I signed up to be a candidate because dragonriders get away with shards other people don't. I Impressed Taarisoth and he decided not to play along with the act. It was all pretty simple, really."

Sha'm didn't mention how she'd learned about the time travelers. Her sister was not a dragonrider. Which meant it was probably best if no one knew about her role in Sha'm's ruse.

Pretending to be a time traveler's dragon sounds tedious, don't you think? Taarisoth asked F'yore, as if he was the most reasonable, long-suffering dragon on all of Pern.
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
Cole of Garnet Colsk and Blue Colodeosk
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Kiriani of Green Tabesleuth
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Rhaenys of White Cosmiath
Wingleader Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
I'lir of Brown Belliorath
Ingrid of Brown Delinarth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Zhuli of Blue Zhusk and Blue Lisk
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Wilred of Green Lresk and Blue Wilrsk
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Hermione of Brown Echoneth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Corleon of Blue Corleosk and White Corlesk
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Natsuno of Green Minamith
L'ani of Green Haillenarth
Rhea of Green Rheask
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Athan
Tarva
nineofswords
Weyrwoman

Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:24 pm
  • Link

Ry'n of Green Yuelith - Pyeta, F'yore

Ry'n blushed when Pyeta called out to him with a toast. Of course his eldest brother would get his attention in the most attention-grabbing, embarrassing way.

Hello! Hi! Yuelith called back, bounding straight over to Pyeta while Ry'n followed at a slightly more sedate pace. You know my name! Did Ry'n tell you it? He told me yours. You're Pyeta! Nice to meet you! Hello!

Ry'n came up to Pyeta with a smile. "Well. She won't get too big, and she's not scary at all, as I'm sure you've noticed," Ry'n said, but his smile was a little forced. It dropped away completely as he added, "I, um...I'm a little nervous that neither you or Pyeri will be there with me through weyrlinghood," he admitted, and Yuelith started winding between his legs like a cat. "Yuelith tells me not to be scared, since she'll be with me, but...well..." He reached down to scratch at Yuelith's headknobs with a sigh. "You know me. Worrying whether I want to or not."

He jumped when someone else's dragon spoke to him. "Wha...?" he said eloquently.

Geminith! she cried excitedly, running over to lean against her garnet sister. Do you like my Ry'n's shirt? He let me pick it out! All by myself! It looks so good on him, don't you think?

He flushed at the garnet's question, at his own dragon's praise, and finally at F'yore's comment. He truly had no idea how to respond to that, so he just buried his head in his hands and let out a muffled noise of some distress so he wouldn't have to look anyone in the eye.

Yuelith, picking up on their sheer mortification, went to him, standing up on her back legs to paw gently at him. Ry'n? Ry'n! It's okay, Ry'n! You really do look nice! She was just admiring how good you look! No need to be embarrassed!

Ry'n just let out another groan in response.

Miguel - Ritsa

Miguel was a little startled when Ritsa appeared - from his perspective - out of nowhere, and with fury in her voice as well. His eyebrows were practically trying to crawl off the top of his head in his surprise, but luckily she was quick to begin explaining.

"Oh Faranth, that's a lot to deal with," Miguel agreed. "And right after getting left behind at the hatching, too! I think even I'd be a little miffed at that." Probably? He had to assume. He'd never really been in that kind of situation. Still, it sucked. "That sucks. I'm sorry. Is there something you'd wanna do to make you feel better? Go for a run or hit things, or...I don't know, steal all his socks while he's busy celebrating?" That last one might have been less typical, but it'd sure make him feel better.

He was popping food in his mouth, relishing every bite. Having food reliably sure was nice, huh? "Not especially," he admitted when she asked about colors. "I've never really spent a ton of time around dragons, so I don't really know anything about any of them! Any dragon would be good as far as I'm concerned. How about you? Any color you want?"
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
High Reaches
Barca of Brown Brynth
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
Erionda
Traveler

Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:52 pm
  • Link

Candidate Ritsa - Miguel

"Ya, well. Not the best of surprises." Ritsa wagged her finger about counting each current individual attending the feast. Another roll still stuffed in her palms. Her brother had yet to even appear. So attempting to point him out to Miguel would be utterly useless, until he did appear.

Chewing loudly as the conversation shifted from the dragons to Miguel's taste in dragon, she couldn't help but find herself intrigued. Usually people had an opinion of what color suited them best, or which one they were aiming for. Most of the girls she had spoken too at Telgar had insisted they were worthy of being hold riders.

It made her feel somewhat out of place, being someone who didn't care about a dragons color. So when Miguel answered her, she felt the answer refreshing. "That's not an answer I hear often. Most times it's a bunch of girls talking about how they deserve to be a goldrider. Mind you, " she said while taking another bite out of her roll and glancing down at her plate. "It is quite a bit of fun to get them all riled up about who would make the best Gold rider out of all the wannabe girls. You should try it sometime, you know if you haven't before. It's really quite something to listen to."

Chewing a bit slower her head perked up at the sound of one person calling out to another. Swallowing down the last of the roll she had been eating. Wiping the back of her hand across her mouth, picking her lips to make sure nothing remained. "Youdon'tsuppose classes will begin all over again tomorrow do you?"
ShelbCake
Peacekeeper Captain

Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:05 pm
  • Link

Ge'is of Green Mimikyuth - Raine

Ge'is had to wonder if the butterflies in the stomach was something that Raine also had when she became a weyrling. He felt nervous, but a bit excited as well.

He would get to live on his parents' legacy, one he only knew from the stories from his uncle growing up in the creche. He remembered practically running up to Raine as soon as she impressed when he was seven, all excited to meet Spriggth and blabbering excitedly to his older sister.

To him, nothing was more amazing than his older sister being a dragonrider.

Mimikyuth gave a jolt of surprise at Geminith bumping into her side, he gave a surprised sound as well. He reached down, petting her head gently to help her calm down, "Hey, it's alright, Mimikyuth. I'm sure it was an accident."

As Ge'is saw his older sister, he smiled a bit and stood up. Even though his priority was now Mimikyuth, Raine and his uncle would always be important people in his lives.

"I'm really happy to become a dragonrider, Raine.. I've.. wanted to follow you, mom and dad since I was a kid.." He smiled gently, not noticing that he was tearing up. Mimikyuth looked at Raine, speaking to her and Ge'is with a cheerful tone.

"Oh, it's nice to meet you, Raine! Ge'is has told me a lot about you! You truly mean a lot to him and I swear I'll make sure he's safe no matter what comes out way!" Her voice was trembling slightly, perhaps due to her shyness, but she spoke in a cheerful and friendly manner to Raine. She could tell that Ge'is cared a lot about his older sister, especially with him mentioning he had wanted to follow in her footsteps since he was a child.

Now, who was this uncle he mentioned at times?
Fort
Z'rya of Bronze Gravith (Midnight Wing)
Wingleader Ozma of Brown Akioth (Eclipse Wing)
Regal of Brown Brickth (Eclipse Wing)
Arashi of Garnet Hercegth (Twilight Wing)
Squilf of Garnet Tamiascith (Twilight Wing)
Clover of Blue Kurceth (Aurora Wing)
Sak'rou of Blue Hastuth (Daylight Wing)
Shulk of Blue Arachoth (Daylight Wing)
Eichi of Blue Cheruth (Twilight Wing)
Aoi of Blue Kurabeth (Daylight Wing)
Journeyman Healer Kouichi of Green Kuzoth (Healer's Wing)
Haru of Green Rosaceaeth (Aurora Wing)
Flynn of Green Nith (Daylight Wing)
Perryl of Green Pyrrhiath (Aurora Wing)
Trein of Green Ideth (Daylight Wing)
Alder of Green Unnverdath (Healer's Wing)
Zanza of Gold Zansk (Dusk Squad)
Yuri of Blue Yurisk (Dawn Squad)
Reyn of Green Reysk (Dawn Squad)
Eclipsa of Green Eclipsk (Dawn Squad)
Zagi of Green Zask and Blue Zagisk (Dusk Squad)
Candidate Loek
Candidate Fujin
High Reaches
Leon of Bronze Chopith (Firestorm Wing)
Jason of Bronze Jezeroth (Firestorm Wing)
Zia of Brown Molossth (Stormlight Wing)
Weiss of Garnet Glyphith (Moonshot Wing)
Jacek of Garnet Rinisath (Moonshot Wing)
Vil of Garnet Syzygiuth (Moonshot Wing)
J'ack of Blue Reyth (Starfall Wing)
Oscar of Blue Currth (Raindance Wing)
Mikleo of Blue Denizth (Starfall Wing)
Flora of Green Linpheth (Healer's Wing)
L'ouis of Green Tomoeth (Raindance Wing)
Edsel of Green Rexcalith (Raindance Wing)
Trey of Green Clovith (Raindance Wing)
Graham of Green Paceth (Healer's Wing)
Sol of White Ateth (Healer's Wing)
Magnius of Brown Magniusk and Green Agnisk (Windsong Squad)
Maple of Green Plesk (Sunburst Squad)
Ironwood of White Ironwosk (Windsong Squad)
Weyrling Ge'is of Green Mimikyuth
Candidate Inosuke
Journeyman Smithcrafter Kvar
Semaca
Wei'ling of Porcelain Chenqith (Lamentoso Squad)
Glassi of Brown Fuwath (Nocturne Wing)
Penny of Brown Sedatath (Pavane Squad)
Zelos of Blue Lupruth (Chopin Squad)
Shinku of Blue Cinnimith (Pavane Squad)
Aegis of Blue Imorth (Pavane Squad)
Dedue of Green Essengeth (Chopin Squad)
Solhrae of Green Herth (Requiem Squad)
Sylvanas of Green Amaeth (Requiem Squad)
Akai of Green Norrith (Mineut Wing)
Edalyn of White Lechuzath (Minuet Wing)
Genn of Brown Gesk (Weyr Guard)
Ercilia of Garnet Ercilisk (Mazurka Squad)
Mariana of Garnet Marisk (Mazurka Squad)
AWH Palutena of Blue Lutenask (Weyr Guard)
Jetsam of Green Tsask (Chopin Squad)
Dimitri of White Dimisk (Chopin Squad)
Damario of Bloodstone Dask (Pavane Squad)
Weyrling Henri of Green Inadameth
Journeyman Weaver Amara
Pirate Alun
Candidate Wrathion
nineofswords
Weyrwoman

Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:57 am
  • Link

Miguel - Ritsa

"Well, then it's probably a good thing you've come to High Reaches," Miguel pointed out. "From what I understand, people here don't really care too much about golds or bronzes. There still around, of course, so it's not like they're banned or anything, they're just...not as important I guess?" He shrugged. "Golds seem like so much fuss, anyway. They're huge, can you imagine how much work it'd be cleaning one and keeping it fed?" Yes, the Weyr helped with a lot of the work, but Miguel still often forgot about that, and sometimes it struck him how much harder keeping a dragon would be without the support of the Weyrfolk. One person trying to find enough food to feed a gold dragon - or even some of the larger blues! - would be a nightmare.

He grinned at the idea of setting the feline amongst the wherries by asking a group of prospective goldriders to pick the best of the lot. "Oh that does sound fun," he said. "Sadly, I don't think a lot of our fellow candidates are especially keen on gold, at least not that they'll say outright." He gave a melancholy sigh. "I never get to have any fun," he said, but quickly turned it into a grin to show that he was joking.

Miguel gave an expansive shrug at her question. "I dunno," he admitted. "This is my first hatching, here or anywhere. I sure hope not, though. That hatching was at the crack of dawn. The least they could do is give us a day to get caught up on our sleep." Or even a whole week. Honestly, Miguel wouldn't be sad to be done with classes altogether, but people didn't just hand you a dragon unless they were sure you were prepared for one.
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
High Reaches
Barca of Brown Brynth
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
GalaxyMir
Weyrfolk

Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:48 am
  • Link

Ducan of White Yipyth : Open!

From the busy hatching to his first duty as a rider, Duncan had not been able to catch a breath let alone go see his brother. But now as the pair admired their new home, Duncan sat down on the floor and took a deep but earned breath. Yipyth trudged over and thrust his head into Duncan's arms staring with loving eyes. The image of his whirling rainbow eyes had not yet left his mind, nor the feeling. Completion.

"Up we go Yipyth, we must get ready for the feast" he chimed suddenly, getting up after patting the white's head. His hide was soft and scented after the bath he was given, something which the white refused to collaborate much with, leaving all the hard work for his rider. Feast! There will be food there won't there be Duncan? he only had one thing on his mind, and it was delicious food. "You want more? I just fed you. Yipyth I feed you more and you're going to burst, trust me you won't feel well in the morning." he chuckled, smiling as he opened the large heavy wardrobe

Sunburn glided down from his resting place and sniffed Yipyth with curious eyes, who was this large creature? Had he come to play with him and Duncan or steal away his food? He couldn't tell, chirping, pawing at Yipyth to be met with a big ol friendly lick from the white. The firelizard squawked and squawked hysterically, tumbling to Duncan's feet fearful of the great beast. Duncan, who was now mid-way through changing for the feast could only help but laugh as the bronze disappeared between, reappearing on the top of a wardrobe with a little hiss.

Staring at the vanity table's mirror, Duncan was quite pleased with his appearance, hair all tidy and smart. He had paired a black shirt with a stunning white waistcoat, cinched tightly to his waist. Hands smoothed over the last crease in his sleeve, and his eyes met his reflections'. Gone was the boy who wished to be like his elders, who looked towards the sky and wished to feel the cold air on his back atop a dragon, and here was the gentleman, rider of white Yipyth soon to be a wing scorching thread. The now-little white gave a little snort, snapping Duncan out of his thoughts. "Come on then, we shan't keep your siblings nor mine waiting!"

The feast was bustling, lively, and exciting. A smile grew on both their faces, Duncan constantly looking down to check on Yipyth who would not leave his side for anything. The smell of food immediately reminded Duncan of how hungry he was! Food first, then conversation!
EW-NA
Wingsecond

Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:54 pm
  • Link

Lau'ren of Blue Cedrateth - Tag: Duncan & Yipyth

--

Much like at the Hatching, Lau'ren wasted little time in arriving to the feast in the Dining Hall. Cedrateth did not accompany him, however, not wishing to crowd the limited space among all those attending the celebration. Simply one of the expected downsides for him, being a full grown dragon. The Blue would just commit to being supportive in the moment through his rider, and amend to have a proper greeting of the newest family members when it was appropriate.

Adjusting his tunic and cape, Lau'ren made his way through the collection of people already there in the Dining Hall. It was far from crowded and boisterous yet, but he still kept himself off to the side. His eyes intensely kept watch at the entry way, being on the look out for his youngest brother and his new dragon. With such a stark white colored hide, Lau'ren was sure they would be impossible to miss among the more darkly coated crowds starting to form and bunch together.

When the Bluerider's eyes did catch the shape of a modestly sized pale dragon and figure beside him, Lau'ren immediately started working his way through the crowds. He was intent to waste no time in getting to his brother, though he had quite a bit of apologizing to offer as he tried to make his way through as politely as possible.

“Duncan!! Duncan—over here,” the elder brother called out, raising his arm high in a wave, just as he had in the Hatching stands.

“There you are!! Congratulations to you, Little Brother,” Lau'ren exclaimed, a bit winded in his voice from the effort of getting there. “Finally a dragonrider, and on your first Hatching, too! You've made all of us so very proud!!”

Lau'ren and I were honored to have witnessed such an event with our own eyes, the mind-voice of Cedrateth warmly drifted into Duncan's. We thank you for allowing us to share this momentous event with you, as we know the first meeting of a dragon and their rider is a very intimate occasion. I hope to see you and your new bonded, in the flesh, at first convenience.

Which reminded Lau'ren--

“Ah-- so this is your magnificent new partner, are they,” Lau'ren turned his smiling expression towards the tiny White at his brother's knees. “I'm most pleased to finally meet you,” he offered in a flourish, going as far as extending a grand bow to the small dragonet. “Thank you for choosing my little brother from all your potential prospects. I promise he'll take the utmost care of you. Duncan's a fine lad, though I am sure you are well aware of that already!”

Dragons had the benefit of getting to really see the inner workings of their riders, at first meeting. What would take a person turns and time to do, a dragon achieved in a mere inner glance. Magnificent~
Erionda
Traveler

Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:44 pm
  • Link

Candidate Ritsa - Miguel, Open

"While I can agree with you on the extra workload required to tend to the dragons. Isn't that part of what our classes are? Somewhere along the way, I can imagine those of us who've failed to impress are going to have to help those who just did. In caring for their little bundles. As if it's part of a mentoring of sorts for Candidates and Weyrlings." She sighed again, reaching out to take a long swig of the juice in her cup. "I don't think I would care if there was extra work. As long as the dragon is happy."

Regarding Miguel carefully as he joined in her thoughts of stirring up the females about golds. A twinkle formed in her eyes. Her hazel gaze shifting back out towards the newly hatched dragons that had so far made their appearance in the dinning hall. A coy smile toying at the corner of her lips as a thought started forming. "How strict are they here about us making a bit of a commotion among the newly impressed?" Ritsa asked. Leaning a little closer to Miguel, so that no one else was likely to overhear and potential plans. It wouldn't be without giving a little payback to those who were a bit too smug about their impression over those who had been left standing.

She still hadn't caught sight of her brother yet. With there being some newly hatched that had not yet appeared. She huffed jealously. Maybe he was already sharing the celebration with those who had not yet arrived. Leaving her all alone. No, she didn't like that either.

"Do you think we will get transferred again if a queen rises in another Weyr?" Ritsa asked hopefully. Her mind still whirling with plans on 'revenge' towards some of the new riders.
Windra
Candidate

Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:49 pm
  • Link

F'yore and Garnet Geminith - Tag: Ry'in, Yuleith, Sh'am, Taarisoth

"YES," F'yore said vehemently, maybe a little bit forcefully, to the blue dragon. Her chin hovered inches over her klah, grateful for its steam with the bitterness of this winter's evening settling in. The snow was still fluttering in drifts outside. "Shards, that's an earful and an awful amount of time preparing for the worst that never came. Unless you were stealing some family heirloom or some precious documents, I hardly see why you'd be cast out, or punished. But then, the holdless seem to get branded for really petty reasons."

She sighed, eyes up. Tangeream decided to finally make her appearance after getting accidentally launched by F'yore's hands before the Hatching. The golden flit settled onto the table a foot away from her owner's plate. Daggers were in her eyes.

"Hello to you, too," F'yore chewed her cheek. Tangeream simmered. The weyrling dangled a piece of meatroll. "Still pissy, but I bet your tummy is grumbly."

There was all mood in the way Tangeream snatched it up. She sat all regal-like, chest puffed proudly and shoulders broad. A low warble-growl thrummed from her throat.

"Yes, ma'am." F'yore conceded by giving her more of the meal. It wasn't like she couldn't get more. Maybe Tangeream's mood would dissipate when she ate herself into a coma. "Sharem - wait, S'arem? What's your honorific? Eh, Lords and Ladies do seem to get away with a lot. Dragonriders, well, yeah I guess I can see that. As harpers my sisters and I were taught to honor the sole protectors of Pern and the like, but that doesn't mean they're without fault. They just keep their politics on a need-to-know basis." A thought rolled around in her brain and F'yore's head cocked. "The Lord didn't like ... threaten your life in retribution, did he? Nobody out to kill you? Posing as a Timer seems an awfully extravagant way to avoid punishment unless there was something really terrible awaiting you if you got caught."

Meanwhile ...

Geminith reeled back her neck a little, confused. Did I spook him! Oh! Are you a jumpy sort? What would make you scared? Is there some kind of backstory that made you that way, or is it just natural? The garnet pepped, eyes swirling bright blues. Sister made a really good choice with the sweater! I bet there's a bunch of flowers used in that dye! Like -

"Geminith, love, you're clearly overwhelming them!" F'yore called. "Give some room to breath, will you?"

Oh ... Geminith looked absolutely crestfallen, snout dipping towards the ground. Did I make your uncomfortable? I'm so sorry. I'm just gonna ...

And she slunk off quietly to join F'yore, who cupped her chin to look her in the sad blue eyes. "Love, you aren't bad by any means. But some folks can get really backed into a corner if you're up on their butt like that."
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux