Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Klah [Ezra | Nao'to] [Grayson | K'stryl]

Dragon
Candidate

Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:02 pm
  • Link

Klah [Ezra | Nao'to] [Grayson | K'stryl]

Offering a nibble of her breakfast to a sleepy Skatha as the green lounged on the table, Amaata looked around as though expecting to be joined by someone. Or someones. She didn't really know who, but she was starting to think that she wasn't going to find much alone time out in public places. So far High Reaches seemed ... friendly.

Not that being friendly was a bad thing! Amaata had fallen into a rut of loneliness at Igen Weyr. Here, she didn't think that those around her were going to allow that.

As Skatha started to stir a bit more, Amaata sipped her klah and offered more of her breakfast to the wee beastie. She was eating, she was eating, but she didn't have the biggest breakfast appetite and she didn't like going into drills overly full. Kuroth was awake and sunning himself on their weyr ledge, waiting for time to start their drills.

A shadow passed over her breakfast, and Skatha hissed in suspicious anger. "Oh. Good morning," she said shyly.
Grayson
Wingrider

Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:56 pm
  • Link

"Morning." K'stryl yawned his way into a seat opposite Amaata. "Amaara, right? Kuroth's human. I'm K'stryl, I belong to Branth." The words were odd - potentially even disrespectful - but they were delivered with warm humour by a man taller even than Amaata, in an accent that just screamed education and elocution. K'stryl offered Amaata a smile, then looked down at the little green on the table.

"I'm not here to steal your breakfast, little one, don't worry. I've plenty of my own."

And he did, although his plate wasn't as full as many would have expected. Either someone else wasn't too keen on loading up before exercise, or the shadows of famine hadn't quite faded yet.

"Drill morning, lovely stuff. Much as I'd like to have spent another mark or two in bed, we do have to dance when the Wingleader calls the tune. I don't doubt someone else will be along in a minute or two - there was activity in some of the other weyrs when Branth was dropping me off at the door. So, how are you settling in so far?" The question was offered as a politeness, but one that could be taken several ways - as an idle pleasantry, as a chance to talk about differences between Weyrs and wings, or as a starter for a wider conversation.
Ezra
Wingsecond

Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:07 pm
  • Link

Nao'to gathered his breakfast and looked around for a place to sit. His Acacia was asleep around his neck and if not for his clothing being of a blue color, she might have looked like a strangely worn scarf. The other tables were very crowded and the man was not fond of large and noisy crowds. He spied a table with only two people and plenty of open space and took a seat at their table but left a space between him and K'stryl. It was not because he had anything against the other rider, it was more that Acacia was snippy and he didn't want her to bite anyone.

" Good morning to you both. Pay me no mind, I will not bother your conversation. It is a matter of this side of the room is less.. noisy." He replied and did a bow and offered an attempt at a smile. He was not the most social creature in the Weyr by any means but he was not as closed off as he used to be, he was trying today at least. Taking his seat once more, he began to eat his food, ignoring the angry peep from his flit and quietly passed her a piece of his meat and she was quiet again, sliding down from his neck to the empty space beside him to eat.
Dragon
Candidate

Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:18 pm
  • Link

There he was, one of her new wingmates. K'stryl of Branth ... Amaata wasn't familiar enough with her new wing to say what color he rode. And he got her name wrong, just barely wrong, and it was just enough to make Amaata wince slightly.

"Amaata. With a T, not an R," she corrected softly, smiling slightly in an attempt to be friendly with the other Starfall wingrider.

At least he was being nice to Skatha.

"This is Skatha," she continued, lifting up the irritable green flit and resettling her on her lap. The muted, dappled green made a noise of annoyance but curled up in her bonded's lap.

Amaata was fairly relaxed about drills; she didn't mind getting up early to do them. Thread didn't come on anyone's schedule and so it made sense to drill all hours of the day. She sipped her klah and took a bite of her breakfast for herself, and she gave K'stryl a nervous smile as he said that others should be out soon.

"Good morning," she greeted when another vaguely familiar face joined them. She didn't know his name - she had a lot more names to learn than everyone else, who just had to ID Kuroth and herself. "I'm Amaata of Blue Kuroth," she provided before going back to answer K'stryl's question.

"The three of us are settling in quite well," she said honestly, although she felt somewhat overwhelmed by the gathering. "It's very nice here." She was talking about the people she'd met so far, not the weather; the people here seemed to be mostly genuinely nice and not colorist in the slightest. "I prefer being on the quieter side of the room myself," she added for the newcomer's benefit.
Grayson
Wingrider

Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:52 am
  • Link

K'stryl's knot had a white thread running through it, indicating Branth's colour; when he'd finished sitting down and turned to face Amaata, his knot came into clear view.

"Amaata," he replied to the connection, sounding chagrined. "I'm so very sorry I got your name wrong." He had good manners as well, and they had very obviously been drilled into him; he didn't even take a moment to think about how to apologise.

The arrival of Nao'to had him looking over with a smile. "Morning, Nao'to. I don't mind if you want to sit closer - anyone with a huntbird the size of Jess is used to wings around their ears and getting nibbled on occasion."

And then it was back to Amaata and Skatha. "Hello, Skatha." But Amaata was saying more, and K'stryl smiled. "I'm glad to hear you like it here. It has its ups and its downs, but Branth and I rather like the place as well." A shadow passed over his smile, but it was banished a moment later.
Ezra
Wingsecond

Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:50 pm
  • Link

" Greetings, Nao'to of Blue Aersth, nice to meet you." He offered with a smile to both, though he knew of K'stryl he believed. Sometimes it was hard remembering all the names of everyone he had met. Shifting slightly closer after the offer was made, he gently plucked a piece of meat from his plate and fed the infant flit draped over his shoulders like a dark green cape. A happy chirp came from her in response. " Acacia gets grumpy if she does not get a sample of my food in the mornings." He explained with a grin.
Dragon
Candidate

Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:10 pm
  • Link

"Skatha likes to try my food, too, but sometimes I think that it's just to make sure that it's safe." What would make it unsafe, Amaata wasn't sure, but Skatha was definitely looking out for the curly-haired bluerider.

She fed her green a little bit of her breakfast and tucked in herself, taking sips of klah between bites of sausage roll. She'd probably get herself a second mug of klah before going out to participate in drills ... Amaata sighed softly as she drank her klah, contented with her light breakfast.
Grayson
Wingrider

Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:05 am
  • Link

K'stryl focused on his plate for a few moments, relaxing just a little when Nao'to moved closer and brought Acacia with him.

"Rumour had it the Wingleader might be wanting a change in one of the formations," he offered into the conversation. "I don't know if it's real or not, but I thought I'd pass on the warning."

He finished his eggs, then settled back with his mug of klah, stretching his long legs out to one side of Amaata before crossing them at the ankle, under the table. "Still, it beats doing the same thing all day, every day. And it definitely beats doing chores as a Candidate, right?"
Ezra
Wingsecond

Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:01 pm
  • Link

" Perhaps. I have heard some flits are very protective of their people. I don't pretend to know personally however, because I just recently got Acacia." He replied, as he took a bite of food, finishing chewing and swallowing before he spoke again. " Hopefully its a sensible change, because I can only imagine the chaos with some of the wing that do not like shifts in our routine. But I figure, as long as it helps us in the long run, I can handle a formation change. Aersth likes the challenge of changes anyway, though he may be asking many a question but that is just his nature." Nao'to added with a chuckle. He was quite fond of his blue after all.
Dragon
Candidate

Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:43 pm
  • Link

Amaata absorbed the notion that the Wingleader might be changing up formations. She didn't put too much weight on a rumor, but well it was nice to be prepared. "Thank you for the heads up, K'stryl."

She didn't mind repetition herself. Steady was good for her. Still, if there were changes to the formations, she'd learn them and pick them up quickly enough.

"Candidate chores weren't that bad," she said. "Besides, a lot of them helped to prepare us to be dragonriders." Mucking out heardbeast pens maybe not, but helping to bathe and oil dragons and things like that were important for learning to care for your own dragon.

Amaata nodded slightly as Nao'to mentioned that some flits were very protective. Skatha was quite protective as well as being super suspicious.

"I'm sure that we can all handle any changes there are in the formations," she observed.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux