Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Rumor] Giants

The massive weyrbowl. Herdbeasts graze, flights are held overhead. No more does dread hang over the open sky.
Fel
Thread Destroyer

Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:56 pm

[Rumor] Giants

Allegdly, someone found a tunnelsnake more than twice as long as a man is tall! Can... can that really exist? Tunnelsnakes hibernate during the winter at least... right?
Kimikelo
Weyrling

Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:41 pm

"I'm certain there has to be some data regarding the average size of a tunnelsnake somewhere.. but something that large would have had to leave evidence of its passage and I have seen none," Bru said definitively, pulling out a small piece of hide and a scribbling pencil in order to jot down a note to look it up later. The Reaches archives might not have that sort of data.. maybe she could write Harper Hall.. Kurasou would enjoy the trip..

Bring me the whers and I shall hunt it, Nobuwath declared - lifting his chin in the most glorious and regal pose he could manage. Such a creature stands little chance against my like.

Bru gave a long, tolerant sigh, and absently swatted the blue on the elbow.
AtlasHyperion
Wingrider

Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:25 pm

"Oh, of course there's a tunnelsnake that big. It's uh. Something about how much they eat, and where they live and uh. You know, you eat a lot, you get really big. Simple bodily stuff, really, nothing too impressive. If I looked hard enough I could probably find a big one, actually. I could find one for you, if you want. A big tunnelsnake. I could do that." Wheatley was absolutely certain that a creature of that magnitude could exist. It had to. In fact, he was so sure, he would swear on it.

Usurth followed suit of the other blue, childish ego inflating to match or beat the other's. If he stands to fight the creatures, I shall too! I will destroy them where they stand, it will only take a few short moments. I could probably even hunt them quicker than he can.
Kimikelo
Weyrling

Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:39 pm

Bru stared at Wheatley a moment, uncertain, her head tilting very slightly to one side. "Certainly creatures that big exist.. we ride dragons that are bigger, after all. But whether this place possesses the quantity of resources required and whether or not tunnelsnakes subscribe to the notion of unlimited growth given unlimited space and resources is not something I am familiar with. Particularly given how well they are already hunted. As for myself I have no particular need to see one save perhaps to record its existence for future reference."

Then together we shall defeat it, for glory and for knowledge!
Nobuwath bugled, and the corner of Bru's brow twitched.

"I didn't say it NEEDS to be done, Nobuwath.. though if something that size exists it's probably dangerous to have around.." Bru said with a little strain to her voice, but the blue wasn't listening.

Come, my good whers! Smell out the fiend that we might defeat it! For knowledge, for glory, for the safety of my people!
AtlasHyperion
Wingrider

Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:45 pm

Once Wheatley started running his mouth, it'd be hard fought to get him to shut it. "Well, think of it like this, yeah? We let dragons get this big, who's to say we didn't let tunnelsnakes do it to, you know? They didn't have to be here exactly, I mean, you know. Sometimes us people like to go on vacations, see some new scenery, eat food, take a break, who's to say a tunnelsnake didn't have the same idea? Everyone loves a good vacation. They might've ran off to some other weyr, ate some food, went somewhere else, on and on and on, and now they're absolutely massive in size. I'd love to see one of those that big, if I'm being absolutely honest. Again, if you want to record it, I could find one. Just saying. Could totally do that."

Yes! Let's destroy that beast and make sure it doesn't make any little giant snakes! Ursurth all but shouted in over excitement.

Wheatley laughed at them. "Oh, they're just having fun. They do that. You know, have fun. Sometimes they should be allowed to have fun, you know? It's great. If they find the creature, that's even better."

What need have we of whers? We could find this monster on our own and prove our power to the people when we snuff it out for good!
Kimikelo
Weyrling

Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:47 am

Bru stared at Wheatley for a long time this time, in absolute silence, the gears almost audibly turning in her head as she tried to figure out exactly to respond to this long, rambling, nonsensical tirade without being a complete jerk about it. Her lips slowly parted in lieu of any actual sound, and she finally settled for a soft "....Okay." Sure. That seemed safe enough.

Meanwhile, Nobuwath looked Usurth from top to bottom, like he was assessing a potential asset. His tail swished twice in mild agitation before he spoke. The glory would be ours regardless, and we would not spend candlemarks traipsing around with our noses to the sand. Let them find the creature, then we shall dispatch it with due aplomb!
AtlasHyperion
Wingrider

Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:18 pm

After a quick, "Gotcha," Wheatley responded to her silence with his own. He looked at her, and then looked away. He whistled and rocked back and forth on his feet for all of three seconds before he looked back at her. In a moment of genius (for him), he realized that he'd been rambling again. "Ah- uh. Sorry. I just get talking and I don't stop. Go again. You said you saw no- um, what was it called- no evidence of a big tunnelsnake. Where did the rumor come from then?"

Usurth tried to keep himself from glaring at the other when his idea was shot down. He would do it. He would be fine. He just had to prove himself better than the other. Fair enough, he said. But, why would we even need to dispatch the creature when the whers could find it and do the exact same? They'd have no need for us in the slightest.
Kimikelo
Weyrling

Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:38 pm

Because then the glory would be ours. We are larger than the Whers are, after all, and if the thing is as large as a man it would be dangerous for them. Unless you are frightened? Nobuwath asked, his eyes whirling with barely contained amusement.

"There would be signs of its passing. Signs of digging, missing stock, possibly even injuries. Like as not it's just someone trying to work people up," Bru reasoned after the pause. "Still, even outlandish claims have been proven before, so it would not hurt to verify it."
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux