Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

The Purple Glow of Dusk [Phlox]

The massive weyrbowl. Herdbeasts graze, flights are held overhead. No more does dread hang over the open sky.
Dragon
Candidate

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:28 pm
  • Link

"They do like to get into everything when they're little, don't they?" Amaata said shrewdly. Kuroth hadn't ever been as excitable as Rask, but he had always been a curious little snapper, and he had initially been able to squeeze into all sorts of places to eavesdrop.

"I used to have to pull Kuroth out of all sorts of nooks and crannies," Amaata continued. "He's very curious, you see; he liked to hide under things and just listen for as long as I would net him." None of what he'd learned was relevant here, but Amaata still remembered everything. For Kuroth.

Of course, now Kuroth was a lot bigger; he couldn't sneak around anymore. But now they had Skatha, who would never be anything but small.
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:46 pm
  • Link

Raev gave another snort of laughter as Rask leaned more of her massive body against her handler, really enjoying the attention she was getting. She hummed with delight, not unlike a 700 pound cat.

"I wish that Rask would've just found a spot to listen or nap in. She loved to dig, still does actually, and she would get into any crack or tunnel she could find looking for 'treasure.' She wouldn't come out unless I promised her treats, and every time she did, she was hauling a rock she found with her."

Raev wouldn't admit it to anyone, but she kept a lot of those rocks in a box tucked in her closet. There was a part of her that just couldn't bear the thought of throwing them away. Not that anyone would ever see them, as she kept that box locked and out of sight.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux