Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Weyrbowl Leisure [Dragon]

The massive weyrbowl. Herdbeasts graze, flights are held overhead. No more does dread hang over the open sky.
EW-NA
Wingsecond

Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:00 pm
  • Link

As Daedra watched Merrin go off to enjoy the grassy space, she did feel a touch of regret for not forcing Drask to come along. Merrin probably would have liked a fun little wher-ride on such an afternoon. Than again-- it was very possible it would have just turned into a hurried frenzy of trying to get all the flowers before the Brown snatched them all up with that terrible tongue of his. That was how many an afternoon went for her in the past (and still did from time to time).

Next time, perhaps...

Back to the present, Daedra's cheeks lit up pink again, though not out of embarrassment. She really did enjoy the idea of being called an 'auntie'. It just sounded so pleasant and wonderful and endearing. The redhead knew she could be over sentimental though, and maybe she was making far too important of a deal concerning this, but she didn't mind for the moment.

“I'll try my best then,” the petite woman declared with a smile. “--but no one has to call me that, if they don't wish to! I can still be a good friend to any of the children, if they prefer.” Friends were always a necessity and Daedra always felt it was good to have a wide range of different friends. Lot of different understandings and outlooks.

With a sigh, Daedra sat back a bit on her spot in the grass. She felt so much better and lighter than she had earlier, when she'd first come out for a bit of air to clear her thoughts. It felt like a terrible clamping pressure in her chest, and now she could barely recall it. Now all there was, was warm sun on her skin, pretty flowers in her hands, and a contentedness almost dosing right where her heart beat in her chest. Daedra was exceptionally happy, for the time being.
Dragon
Candidate

Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:46 pm
  • Link

Melosa's children were used to adopting adults as family - Daedra wouldn't be their only auntie who wasn't related to them by blood. Still, the creche worker was glad that Daedra wasn't going to push for the children to think of her in any certain way.

"Friend or auntie, I'm sure they'll all love you," Melosa said fondly. And they'd love Drask, when they got to meet him. Melosa was quite sure that her children would like them both as much as Melosa herself did.

Shifting comfortably in the grass, Melosa inspected her flowers for bugs as she watched her younger son play in the weyrbowl. They couldn't probably stay out too much longer, unfortunately, but ... a bit, perhaps. Until Merrin started getting sleepy. Which ... wouldn't be much longer.

"I suppose that soon you and Drask will be needing to start your duties," Melosa observed. She'd love to spend more time with Daedra, but it was likely that neither of them could spare much more time.
EW-NA
Wingsecond

Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:19 pm
  • Link

Daedra's cheeks rounded out from her pleased little smile, after hearing such a thing. It was a wonderful thing to be loved and appreciated in honest manner. Not that adults weren't capable, but she found it was always a lot easier from the younger ones. They tended to be much more honest, even if it could be brutal at times.

Daedra was pulled from her little patch of heaven, blinking when she took stock of what Melosa said. Turning her eyes up, the wherhandler noticed how the colors of the sky were changing. The bright blue of the afternoon turning to more golden and red as the sun moved down toward the horizon. Dusk, still some time before sundown and nightfall, but it would be no debate that the day was ending.

The redhead frowned for a small moment, but even she knew all good things came to an end. There'd be no way to look back and enjoy them if they went on forever!

“Oh... I guess it is getting late,” Daedra affirmed, though to most wherhandlers, the hour would be 'early'. “I suppose I should start back to the weyr.” With a sigh, Daedra carefully got to her feet, taking a moment to brush off any stray grass and leaves from her clothing. Being ever mindful of her gift, of course.

“Drask isn't the easiest to get moving when he's in a good nap, plus it's always a bit of a battle to get him in his straps,” she added with a giggle. Once a free and naked wher, always a free and naked wher he wanted to be. “I had such a wonderful time though, with you and Merrin! If I can I'll to get to visit the creche again soon, and hopefully I can bring Drask without much trouble.”

Though, she'd make sure it wasn't her and the Brown making it.
Dragon
Candidate

Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:21 pm
  • Link

It was time for goodbyes. Watching Merrin, Melosa got up as well. "I'll look forward to seeing the two of you again!" she said brightly. She genuinely enjoyed Daedra's company, and Drask seemed like a very good wher. It would do all the children in the creche good to see a wher, and she was very certain her own children would love the big beastie.

It was getting late, but it had been a nice afternoon spent with a new friend. A good friend! Melosa was quickly becoming attached to Daedra.

With the sky changing colors, Melosa stood and called Merrin over to her. The toddler rubbed his eye sleepily, already getting tired from the period of flower-picking and play. He was so adorable and Melosa loved him dearly. She loved all her little ones.

Once she had Merrin in hand, Melosa leaned in to give Daedra a hug. "I'll see you soon."
EW-NA
Wingsecond

Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:58 pm
  • Link

Daedra couldn't help but giggle as she spied Merrin's sleepy features. He'd had quite the busy afternoon! The redhead was sad it was time to part ways, but so it went...

Seeing Melosa and Merrin approach, Daedra parted her lips to offer a farewell, but was surprised to be pulled in for a hug. Not that she minded, of course! The small handler loved hugs, but she also knew not everyone was so free with them. Being mindful of her flowers, it only took a moment for the redhead to return it with just as much spirit.

Though, not too tight-- didn't want anyone to get squished!

“Oh, most definitely! With winter passed, I'm sure we can meet out in the Weyrbowl quite often as well. It's very easy to coax Drask outside, compared to in the Weyr,” Daedra said, before turning her attention down to Merrin.

“It was very nice to meet you, Merrin,” Daedra smiled. “I had a fun time, and I hope you did as well. Thank you for the wonderful flowers you picked me. I love them a lot!”

With goodbyes said and future plans hoped for, Daedra offered a small wave with her fingers to mother and son both, before turning towards the direction of the Weyr. What a pleasant day it had been~
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux