Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Growing Worries [Dragon]

The massive weyrbowl. Herdbeasts graze, flights are held overhead. No more does dread hang over the open sky.
GalaxyMir
Weyrfolk

Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:06 am
  • Link

Growing Worries [Dragon]

Duncan glanced over Yipyth, the little white curled up on the plateau’s grass, sniffing contently over green grass. The young rider knew whites would be fairly small when they grew but at the rate his companion was growing… he had his worries. He extended a hand over white’s hide, smooth and well oiled. He’d ensured that Yipyth would not over feed himself , he’d kept a keen eye on the little weyrling but sometimes he’d find him trotting away to the source of a delicious scent.

With big brother Lau’ren burdened with a new role, Duncan did not want to bother him with what could be pointless worries. And so , the young boy turned to other means, another blue rider who seemed to know exactly what she was doing. He sent Sunburn out with a message , wondering if she and her dragon could spare him a moment and their wisdom to the white pair.

So there was Duncan, crosslegged on the grass admiring his beloved friend , awaiting the arrival of Amaata and Kuroth.
Dragon
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:50 am
  • Link

Kuroth landed in the soft grass of the Weyrbowl and Amaata dismounted smoothly from the back of the blue. She was glad to help mentor one of the upcoming weyrlings when asked, although she was feeling a little self-conscious about it. She wasn't anyone special - just some bluerider. But maybe 'just some bluerider' had just the advice that Duncan needed.

Spotting the weyrling with his white, Amaata couldn't help but have flashbacks to when Kuroth was small. Already past that oh-so-brief stage when you could carry them, the white was probably half the height of their handler. Still small, but a little on the big side for a white - comparable in size to Kuroth's small blue.

"Hello. You're Duncan and Yipyth?" she asked, trying to mask her uncertainty. "Kuroth and I would love to talk for a bit." She hoped that they could honestly be of help, but she was no weyrlingmaster. She didn't have all the answers.
GalaxyMir
Weyrfolk

Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:27 pm
  • Link

Duncan blocked the sun with his hand , squinting at the arriving blue. He arouse from his position on the grass, hastily brushing pieces of grass that stuck to his trousers. “Pay attention Yipyth, we have company!” he softly uttered, patting the white’s belly , urging him up . Yipyth , however , did not move an inch , only replied with an unhelpful sneeze. Duncan laughed , a little uneasy and whispered “Maybe our friends bring food , Yipyth!” The dragon opened an eye lazily , and decided that for food , it was worth getting up. In his own time at least, he yawned widely and took his sweet time.

Meanwhile, Duncan turned his attention to Amaata he smiled , pleased his message had gotten through , and extended a hand to her “Hello! Yes I am, please excuse Yipyth he’s terribly lazy after a nap” he commented, standing up straight , ensuring he was as respectful as possible to the older pair. “Amaata and Kuroth right? Sorry if my message was out of the blue.” Duncan couldn’t help but notice how small Kuroth was! His mind was put a slight bit at ease .

Yipyth had finally plodded his huge self over, next to Duncan. He looked at Amaata, then at the big blue, then after thinking for a bit he said. Hello big friend, do you have food? . Yipyth proceeded to waddle over awkwardly to Kuroth , plopped himself down and started sniffing the blue enthusiastically. The weyrling chuckled a little , then while fiddling nervously with his thumbs behind his back he began to pour out his worries after ensuring the white was far enough for him not to hear the conversation . ”Well you see, I’m a little worried for Yipyth. He’s too big! For a white at least. I try not to let him eat too much but he’s always looking for food and when he isn’t, he’s sleeping!” his expression bore one of concern and worry. Duncan gazed over again at his partner , who was still busy but now was looking upon his new blue friend. ”Is this normal? I should do something to help him… but I don’t know what to do. I’ve always wanted to … be up in the air with a dragon and scorch thread. And if he can’t …” The boy stopped talking , not wanting to continue, looking up at Amaata with helpless , doe-like eyes.
Dragon
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:11 pm
  • Link

Taking Duncan's hand briefly in greeting, Amaata gave the weyrling a small, subdued smile. She actually had some jerky on her for Skatha, and she pulled out a big piece for the dragonet. Offering it to the growing white, she was careful of her fingers so she didn't get them nipped.

"It's nice to meet both of you," Amaata said. "Yes, we're Amaata and Kuroth. Your message was a little surprising, but I don't mind coming to talk to you." She would love to impart her experiences to the new dragonpair.

Then Duncan unloaded his worries, and Amaata couldn't help but smile in response. Oh, the poor baby. It was so hard to figure out how things were supposed to go for your new dragon even with all the guidance that a new weyrling pair got. She was kind of relieved, really, because this was even something that she could help with!

She watched Yipyth as the white dragonet started socializing with Kuroth. Mine has a little food for you, the blue said. A nice tasty little treat.

Making a calming gesture at Duncan, Amaata tried to put her thoughts together. "As long as Yipyth isn't overeating, I wouldn't worry too much about him being hungry. He's still young and they're really hungry when they're young. Your weyrlingmaster should be able to help you with exactly how much he should be eating." It was perfectly normal for dragonets to do a lot of eating and sleeping. "He is kind of a big white, but not all whites are the same size. Kuroth gave me the opposite to worry about - he's always been really small for a blue. Tiny, even." Amaata smiled fondly, looking over at the blue. [b}"I see no reason that your big boy won't be able to fly and fight Thread just because of his size. I mean, you still have to look out for thicktail, but so long as you're being careful not to let him overeat he should be fine."[/b]
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux