Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

It's A Fin Time To Rise [FLIGHT]

The massive weyrbowl. Herdbeasts graze, flights are held overhead. No more does dread hang over the open sky.
Calingaladha
Candidate

Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:27 pm
  • Link

It's A Fin Time To Rise [FLIGHT]

Cold.
Clouds.
Ennui.
Why was it so hot?

There had just been no excitement lately, nothing to stave off the utter boredom that is idle time.

Or maybe Kubith was just irritated lately. She certainly seemed on edge tonight, peering in displeasure at even a shadow crossing her path the wrong way. She lay at the opening of her weyr, tasting the air with her tongue thoughtfully, eyes whirling in a soft yellow shade.

Mahi was winding down for the night, shedding riding leathers in exchange for a cotton nightshirt, though she noticed the garnet seemed a bit on edge.
"Kubith, it's too cold to linger there. Come in to your couch, there's heated sandbags for you."

My blood runs hot enough tonight. I must find another to chill it. Kubith seemed resigned now to the fate awaiting her, going to leap into the air.

Catching wind of the changes happening, Mahi had just enough time to pull on their boots and follow on foot to the hunting grounds. She didn't think Kubith would clutch, but you could never be too sure with a garnet.

But the heat that coursed through Kubith's body did not want to linger for long with the herdbeasts and the flock. She did not resist the blood to slake her thirst from a herdbeast and two fowl, before launching into the sky with renewed fervor.

The winter is cold but the fire in my flesh must be quenched. Who will fly with me to temper the blaze? She did not wait for an answer as she ascended to the heavy grey clouds, her tail fins swirling the vapor in a telltale trail to her position. Let those who were worthy make their pursuit!

Mahi strolled her way back to the weyr, an unusual sight in nightdress and wherryhide boots. The door to their chambers would be open until she found someone else suitable to shut it for her.
Fort Weyr

Alara of Garnet Alubrath
Edward of Bronze Warsk
Wafflous, the fighting cook

Semaca Weyr
Saralia of White Nahangyth
Xanatos the Journeyman Smith
Garma of Green Vranath

High Reaches Weyr
Kovu, Herder
Mahi of Garnet Kubith
Lark the Harper
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrling

Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:23 am
  • Link

Donketh's head perked up at the call sent out by Kubith. He had been lounging in the weyr, keeping away from the cold air of the winter evening. Shr'k was sprawled out in bed, snacking on something foul-smelling and getting crumbs everywhere. Without looking up from his food he said "You're going to go chase, aren't you?" Sounding almost bored at the prospect.

Well, yeah! A dragon rises, Donketh chases! You're not going to get all sourpuss about me going?

Shr'k nonchalantly waved a hand at Donketh, shooing him. "I'm getting used to it. Now go on and get out of here so I can enjoy some peace and quiet."

Not needing to be told twice, Donketh barreled out of the weyr and into the cold winter sky. He twirled as he rose behind Kubith, showing off for the pale garnet.

Look no further, Kubith! Your hunk of burning love is right here! Donketh called after the garnet, pulling out all the stops with his flirty banter. I'll burn as brightly as you like until you're ready to chill out. I'm as cool as they come!
Windra
Wingsecond

Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:37 pm
  • Link

There was a garnet in the air. And then a brown. Alsetth cared little for either, although the female ... she was intriguing. That tail, how unusual! The heat of Kubith's blood was stoking a similar fire in her own chest. The green felt her claws digging a little into the rock of her ledge.

"You should go and acquaint yourself, sweetheart," Adair hummed as she leaned towards her looking glass. She was applying some kind of red gloss to her lips, puckering to make it even and robust. A surge of Alsetth's own emotions made her briefly grip the counter for fear of losing her footing. "Hah - you are considering it, aren't you? Well, go on then. What are you waiting for? Go find your new bedfellow."

Bedfellow? Surely, only if I can win. The males are more likely to have a chance.

Alsetth wasn't one to really question the reasoning for a female accepting another female but ... well, Adair had certainly done it a dozen or so times. With a chuff, the green burst from her lounging spot to bleed her own wherry. A light snack for the air! And then she was following with wings beating hard.

Kubith was only a garnet. Nothing special. Even the largest bronze or most shining gold would have to work hard to earn her favor. Show me how fast and far you can fly, Kubith! Prove me your fortitude, and I will prove mine!

Meanwhile, Adair was ... dolling up. Her best clothes, her finest powder. If - if - Alsetth won, well, she wasn't beyond strutting over to the weyr of their betrothed to give them the best night of their life.
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:16 am
  • Link

Brown Brynth

Barca was passed out on her furs, snoring up a storm. Brynth was still awake, enjoying the feel of the chill and the look of the sky at night. It was beautiful, and in a moment he'd retreat into the warmth of the Weyr and fall asleep as well.

And then one of his squadmates rose. His squadmates were his responsibility, his duty to protect, and if one was rising...well, flights could be dangerous. Best that someone familiar was there to watch her back. And if he could also help her serve her instincts, well, he would be more than happy to do so. And if she chose someone else, he would've at least done his duty by watching out for her.

He launched off the ledge of his weyr and dove for a herdbeast in the pen. He blooded it quickly, then shot into the air after the others. I, Brynth, will fly, he called in response to the garnet's challenge, simply letting her know he was there. He did not bother with flowery words or praise. That was not the sort of dragon he was.

He watched his fellow suitors, a bronze and a green. He decided that - while he personally didn't think their words were suitable to win the heart of a lady in his squad - they were being respectful, so there was no reason they shouldn't be allowed to chase. But he was going to keep an eye on them until Kubith made her choice.
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth | Going Merry (flit)
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Weyrling Br'on of Green Mesomelath | Apolline (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk | Dog (flit)
Attolia of Cinder Attolisk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan | Soldier (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Diamond of Garnet Hyliath | Spessartine Skud (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Ennis of Green Ennisk and Green Szensk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Weyrling S'ra of White Moggeth
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Hamuntep
Calingaladha
Candidate

Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:16 pm
  • Link

No matter how high she flew, Kubith could not escape the burning of her blood, bugling defiance of the primal sensation. She had to satisfy herself soon, but she led her chasers higher still, using her tail fins to propel herself in acrobatics of ardor.

She considered who followed her, and she considered all in turn as she soared out of their reach. The green was determined, and that was a mighty trait. The brown, she could not read well, but he seemed protective almost. The bronze was a flying, talking Donketh, and she had never seen one of those.

Warbling, she flitted close to each suitor, teasing them in turn but careful to avoid being snagged by any who might think themselves bold. Her forked tongue flicked at each one, taking in the smell and taste of their presence. She seemed to revel for several minutes in having such a selection, but there was still a need to fulfil.

Donketh, noble steed, you will cool my blood tonight. Let us soar the winter air as one.

Mahi chose a suitor of her own for the night.so she could be rescued from her dragon as well.
Fort Weyr

Alara of Garnet Alubrath
Edward of Bronze Warsk
Wafflous, the fighting cook

Semaca Weyr
Saralia of White Nahangyth
Xanatos the Journeyman Smith
Garma of Green Vranath

High Reaches Weyr
Kovu, Herder
Mahi of Garnet Kubith
Lark the Harper