Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

After Class [Stringbat]

ShelbCake
Wingrider

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:52 pm

After Class [Stringbat]

Oscar had noticed another student looking a bit frustrated in class. The other looked quite a bit older, so Oscar was a bit nervous about going to see the other. However, he also didn't want another candidate to struggle in class if he could help it. He waited for class to ended and moved to stand up. He took a deep breath and approached the older candidate.

"H-hello.. I noticed you were struggling a bit in class. I-if I can offer you any help, I'd be happy to.." Oscar was trying his best to not shake as he spoke to the other. Damnit, why did he have to get nervous now?
Stringbat
Traveler

Sun May 17, 2020 12:22 am

For a long moment he just stared at Oscar. Hazel eyes narrowed, a slight twitch of his nose, as he fought with his explosive anger . His frustration with the lesson was such that he had half a mind just to simply roar and scare this little mouse away. It wasn't until he was no longer white knuckle gripping the desk did he speak, not a roar, but a whisper so that if Oscar wanted to hear he might have to lean in. " Yes..schooling wasn't really something living in a bandit camp taught and I had other things to do besides lessons before that forsking dragon picked me up."
ShelbCake
Wingrider

Sun May 17, 2020 1:20 am

Oscar gulped a bit. Bandit camp? Was this candidate dangerous? Why was he here of all places!?

He smiled weakly at him, "Well.. if you want some help with your lessons.. I'd be happy to help.. After all, all of us need help from time to time.." Oh boy, he was shaking a bit, but he tried his best to calm down. After all, he was a candidate. No dragon would want a scaredy cat for a rider!
Stringbat
Traveler

Tue May 26, 2020 12:51 am

" Are you afraid of me?" Noting the hesitant smile and the way the boy shook. He frowned as he looked back down at his notes. "Look I not going to eat you or steal the clothes off your back and leave you in a ditch. I never eaten anyone and those day are past me, I'm reformed." Why was he telling the boy this? He should just point out where he was struggling and go from there. He wasn't going to look deeply into why, rather he continued like he had never said anything at all. " I'm struggling with the mathematics behind a barrel roll... don't you just know? Why do we need to know the math behind it. A 45 degree angle from the horizon line, where the view point start from the dragon or the rider. When both are at 90 degrees the dragons nose should still be at 45? What? You just roll. It's a roll. One should be able to just feel it. Practice makes perfect yeah?"
ShelbCake
Wingrider

Wed May 27, 2020 4:55 pm

"N-no, I'm not scared of you at all.." He smiled a bit, trying to hide his nervousness. He felt worried that the other would think of him as weak and possibly bully him. However, as Sutarst spoke more, Oscar felt his worries dissolving and he smiled.

"Well.. yes and no. If you don't get the degree down, you could end up going to high, which can hit other dragons, or too low, where your dragon could slam into the ground and injure themselves. You also need to think about how fast you're going, how close the dragon's wings need to be, or how far, and even how much you need to move your body to do it successfully." He moved to pull out his journal, opening it to show some of the work he had been doing for the class and how to calculate barrel rolls.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux