Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

A Rough Welcome [Ageno]

FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:39 am
  • Link

A Rough Welcome [Ageno]

Raev stood in the cool spring evening, practicing her forms with her walking stick. Sure, hand to hand combat had fairly limited uses when you had a big wher to bring to a fight, but it never hurt to be prepared. Plus, practicing forms was a way to keep disciplined, and Raev liked to keep disciplined, even if Rask didn't.

The garnet in question was shuffling about, hunting for colorful rocks, one of her favorite pastimes. They were the only two in the sparring field tonight, which suited Raev just fine.

We go play somewhere else soon? Rask asked, shuffling over to her handler. No fun rocks here. She butted her head against Raev's arm. Raev grunted and gave the wher a quick pat on her side.

I have five more sets to get through, then we can go. You know the routine. I finish my sets, then we can go do something else.

Rask flopped down and let out a loud harrumph. Rask want leave now. Forms no fun.

Raev did her best to ignore the giant wher-shaped baby and went back to her practice. She had only just started back up when Rask sprang to her feet excitedly. Someone come! Maybe they play with Rask!

Raev turned her attention to the entrance to the sparring fields and saw someone coming. She raised her hand in a simple welcome gesture, then lowered it, not saying anything. Leave them alone, Rask. I just want to finish up, then we'll go.
Agenothree
Peacekeeper

Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:34 am
  • Link

Coryn stretched her arms above her head as she walked, Orysk a purple shadow behind her. Life in a squad was...an adjustment, to put it lightly. Not that being a caravan's wherhandler was something so easy either. Perhaps it was that she didn't know a soul in her squad that had her so uneasy. Orysk too, as she huffed in Coryn's mind. I needed some time away from everyone, she chastised her wher. We both did. Coryn took her not responding as agreement enough. But it didn't seem she'd get her solitude as she'd thought, spotting another garnet wher and her bonded ahead, seemingly annoyed at being made to wait while hers practiced. Coryn kept walking. What Coryn doing? Orysk elected to ask harshly, though she kept up alongside her. What does it look like I'm doing? Coryn answered calmly. Going to spar. It'll help me relax. That not all Coryn doing, Orysk accused. We're going to say hello; you'll be fine. As Raev lifted a hand in welcome and Rask sprang to her feet to greet them upon approaching, Coryn mirrored a gesture of greeting and went so far as to nod as well. Orysk didn't seem so inclined to be friendly. What you look at? she growled, eyes whirling a muddy reddish color in annoyance. "Please excuse my wher," Coryn smoothly spoke up before things could spiral out of control. "We're new additions to High Reaches Weyr and Orysk is finding it difficult to adjust." Orysk do again in minute, Orysk challenged. Coryn didn't respond to her jab, choosing to wait for Raev's answer than humor Orysk's spite.
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:19 pm
  • Link

Raev gave a curt nod at the approaching handler and her wher. She eyed the wher with a steely gaze. The handler probably could keep her wher in check, but Raev wasn't about to risk the chances by not keeping a careful watch on the approaching wher. After all, Rask might be big, but she didn't have much of a fighter's spirit.

"I'm Raev," the handler said carefully, not letting her stare waver from the wher.

"Me Rask! Nice meet you! We new too!" She said eagerly, clearly not at all deterred by the frosty and vaguely threatening greeting she had been given. Her back half wiggled in excitement. "Rask look at other garnet. We be friends?"
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux