Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Not the Norm [Sari]

EW-NA
Holder

Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:09 pm

Not the Norm [Sari]

Daedra hummed a little tune to herself she rubbed the day's dirt from her skin. It was a fairly reasonable night, barely any clouds as the moons and stars provided a decent amount of visibility. The redhead still kept a dimmed lantern at her side, and her voice relatively soft as she bathed.

The lands around High Reaches were far colder than she normally preferred, but the enclosed nature of the weyr offered a lot more warmth and protection than she'd expected. In fact, she thought it strange that no one else was out by the lake as she and Drask were. They'd bathed in far less favorable conditions, but Daedra wasn't going to complain about the rare moment of privacy.

There was a splash farther out into the water, and Daedra peered over the lake's surface until she noticed a familiar large form slinking along like an old log. Soon enough, the mass plunked down under the water, causing her to giggle lightly at her wher's antics. Drask wasn't particular to swimming, but he did the task often and well enough. He was normally so grumpy looking, it was hard to tell what he liked aside from eating and sleeping.

Seeing him dive below the surface, she thought to do the same to rinse her hair. Pushing off the rock she'd been sitting on, Daedra moved to a deeper part of the lake, shivering a bit as the water rose to her shoulders as she crept along.

Focusing on her current task, the redhead barely noticed that she and Drask were no longer the only night visitors to the lake.
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
Sari
Junior Weyrleader

Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:36 am

Safvris wasn't often awake at night. Why should she be? She was a dragonrider, not a wherhandler. Sometimes, though, she couldn't sleep. She'd pulled herself away from Amet's bed, only to wander around outside. As the woman looked around, she couldn't help but notice a lantern glowing along the side of the lake. Curious, she approached, only to spot a woman...bathing? It was not especially warm at High Reaches, and it was a strange thing. Why was Daedra bathing in the lake? It made no sense to her. As the woman pushed off of the rock to rinse her hair, Safvris knit her brow.

After a moment of watching, confused, she decided to say something. "Hello," she called out. "But are you bathing in this lake?"

A wher was with Daedra, but that was not so strange. Whers bathed in lakes. Humans did not. This was just the way of things. Dragons, too, bathed in lakes, and she felt hers stir from his sleep at the mention of dragons. Mm...did you call for me? Did you need me? His voice purred into her mind.

No. Her simple response was ignored, as she knew Osjeith would make his way over. Butt his head in where it didn't belong. She knew he was on his way, but she could ignore that for now. Just...focus on the oddity of the situation, rather than her oddity of a dragon.
Thread Tracker - Soliloquies
Fort Weyr
Peiko of Bronze Tuncath
Maze of Garnet Temporaeth
Liau of Blue Chugoth
Sy'rei of Green Asrakaerth
K'me of Green Wadjeth
H'saia of Green Eurytath
Thyne of Blue Thynesk
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask
Zar of Green Zarsk
Candidate Mite
High Reaches Weyr
A'riga of Bronze Kairaelth
Safvris of Brown Osjeith
Lace of Garnet Rozeth
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Sigil of Green Euraroth
N'vir of Green Plemeth
M'sa of Green Mahallath
Nova of White Scryth
Nhelin of Gold Nhelisk
Candidate Nyrida
WIP: Candidate Aspen
Semaca Weyr
V'ryd of Bronze Azenith
Y'suba of Brown Einth
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Ky'ze of Blue Olarith
Aedih of Blue Rauseth
J'pei of Green Zelagoth
Viiox of Green Crimioth
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Jiras of Bronze Jirask
Makai of Blue Kask & Brown Makaisk
Khera of Green-Blue Khersk
Pirate Teleka
EW-NA
Holder

Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:42 am

Following the wher's actions, Daedra took a breathe and plunked into the icy water completely. She returned to the surface in a moment, wiping the water from her eyes and wringing the access from her hair.

The sudden voice from someone behind her caught her off guard, making the redhead tense and spin about to face them. Out of habit, Daedra quickly wrapped her arms around herself, a pitiful defense but one none the less. She did ease down when she saw it was a member of the weyr (not that she was sure it could be anyone else now).

"Oh, I-I'm sorry, is this spot your preferred one?" Daedra asked, recognizing the woman as one of the dragonriders. There was a lot of different people around at all times, but she was making an effort to atleast recognize ones she saw around.

"I am done washing, so you're free to have it once I gather my things! I promise not to dally," she quickly added, hurriedly slugging through the water until she could pull herself back to the rock. Daedra quickly snatched her folded drying sheet and went about wrapping herself up in it. Immediately appreciating the cover.

"I hope I didn't offend you by taking your spot," she continued, naively assume that the issue. "It's a wonderful place to sit! One of the best lakes we've been to," she added, no doubt referring to her wher, who was strangely still out of the picture. "The Weyr is so fortunate to having such a place, and to let everyone use it!"
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
Sari
Junior Weyrleader

Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:10 am

Safvris's frown deepened. Was this girl truly as naive as she seemed? To think that this was the only way to bathe? "Has no one given you a proper tour of the weyr?" she asked, the curiosity in her voice only slightly overpowering the usual disdain of her voice. "There are baths. Heated baths. For bathing. With supplies. For bathing. For humans only, of course, as dragons and whers will not fit in such a location, but you must realize that there are designated places for bathing...correct?"

Where was this girl from that she didn't know how to bathe anywhere but a lake? The lake had its purposes for humans, of course, but certainly not for bathing. Why would someone do something so ludicrous?

As she finished speaking, a brown dragon landed nearby, rumbling in greeting to Daedra. Hello, little one...do not let my rider's confusion mislead you. She means well. Perhaps she can show you where the proper baths are? Would Daedra be useful in any way? Likely not. But Osjeith did so enjoy trying to manipulate others. Let them love him. Let his words win them over.
Fort Weyr
Peiko of Bronze Tuncath
Liau of Blue Chugoth
K'me of Green Wadjeth
H'saia of Green Eurytath
Thyne of Blue Thynesk
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask
Zar of Green Zarsk
Candidate Mite
High Reaches Weyr
Safvris of Brown Osjeith
Lace of Garnet Rozeth
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Sigil of Green Euraroth
N'vir of Green Plemeth
M'sa of Green Mahallath
Nova of White Scryth
Nhelin of Gold Nhelisk
Candidate Nyrida
Semaca Weyr
V'ryd of Bronze Azenith
Y'suba of Brown Einth
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Ky'ze of Blue Olarith
Aedih of Blue Rauseth
J'pei of Green Zelagoth
Viiox of Green Crimioth
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Jiras of Bronze Jirask
Pirate Teleka
EW-NA
Holder

Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:55 pm

Daedra awkwardly twirled a bit of hair that was conveniently by one of her fingers, her lips unintentionally pulling into an awkward smile. She had been given what she supposed was a 'tour'. More a walk around while a lot of words and rules were tossed her way.

The redhead wished she'd had paper at the time, to jot notes. Perhaps where to bathe had been in that long list of explanations, but it just seemed second nature for her and Drask to see an outside water source as that function. Thinking on it now, Daedra imagined if she reiterated that, the response wouldn't be much better.

Before she could speak up, a sudden gust of wind around them made the redhead clutch at her sheet, not wishing to lose her only current covering. When it died down, the small woman opened to eyes to suddenly see a large dragon, followed by a voice. No doubt belonging to him.

"O-Oh, hello," Daedra greeted up to him politely, before turning back to the other woman. "I assume this is your dragon. He's very wonderful!"

Daedra was relatively easy to impress, though before she could offer more pleasantries, her own brown suddenly made his presence known.

Suddenly bursting from the still waters, Drask lumbered him way to dry land to come beside Daedra, water trickling off his skin like little rivers to the grass below. The entire time, he had his gaze locked on the two newcomers, watching them as he took his place beside the small redhead.

He let out a warning grumble, but the sound was diminished by the exceptionally large fish he was carrying in his mouth. It flopped it's tail once or twice.

"Uwaaah! What an impressive fish, Drask," Daedra happily chirped, smiling at her wher. "Are there a lot more in there?"

Drask snorted a hot breath from his nostrils. It was unclear if it was in reply to Daedra's question, or if it was directed at the strange human and her dragon standing across from them.
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
Sari
Junior Weyrleader

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:12 am

The woman seemed quite disoriented. Was Safvris coming across as intimidating? Sometimes she seemed more stern or standoffish than she meant to. Still, she frowned, this time turning her attention towards her brown. Leave her alone. The poor girl didn't need to be wrapped around her manipulative brown's finger, especially given her lack of common sense around weyr topics.

She likes me. YOU leave her alone, Osjeith replied to his rider, smugness in his tone. After all, he seemed to be coming across well to Daedra.

Very mature. Aloud, she began, "Yes, this is Osjeith, unfortunately, and he--"

Drask appeared at that moment, clutching a rather large fish between his jaws. Daedra was very impressed by it, and although Safvris's expression remained flat, she was impressed as well. "A fine catch. Very impressive, Drask." That was what Daedra had called him, so Safvris assumed it was his name--so why wouldn't she call him that, as if she had known it all along. "May your fishing remain bountiful and your catches remain...lively. Until you eat them, at which point, lively is no longer a desirable characteristic in one's food."

She was aware she had not yet introduced herself, but at this moment, it hardly seemed important.
Fort Weyr
Peiko of Bronze Tuncath
Liau of Blue Chugoth
K'me of Green Wadjeth
H'saia of Green Eurytath
Thyne of Blue Thynesk
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask
Zar of Green Zarsk
Candidate Mite
High Reaches Weyr
Safvris of Brown Osjeith
Lace of Garnet Rozeth
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Sigil of Green Euraroth
N'vir of Green Plemeth
M'sa of Green Mahallath
Nova of White Scryth
Nhelin of Gold Nhelisk
Candidate Nyrida
Semaca Weyr
V'ryd of Bronze Azenith
Y'suba of Brown Einth
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Ky'ze of Blue Olarith
Aedih of Blue Rauseth
J'pei of Green Zelagoth
Viiox of Green Crimioth
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Jiras of Bronze Jirask
Pirate Teleka
EW-NA
Holder

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:36 pm

Drask snorted again at all the complimentary talk. He was used to Daedra doing it, but even with her, he thought it a bit much. If one couldn't catch a mere fish, then that meant no meal.

With no point in delaying the inevitable, Drask craned his head skyward, letting gravity work the fish towards his mouth. Prying his jaws apart, the wher began to steadily swallow the fish whole, down his massive throat.

Midway through, Daedra frowned at the display, muttering a quiet "Drask, chew your food," but it was largely ignored. Slamming his mouth over the tail, Drask gave a large swallow before righting his head back to proper position; the fish was no more.

With the morbid display done with, Daedra returned to her senses, realizes they were missing a few steps of etiquette.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she chirped out, still looking relatively pleasant. "-I should introduce us properly. This is Drask, though you've already picked up his name, but mine is Daedra! I would be happy to know yours as well, if that's all right..."

Perhaps this person would no longer be interested to do so with a 'rule-breaker'. Daedra certainly hoped not. Though she atleast amended to study-up that evening, and make sure she learned what was and was-not allowed.

Despite the internal fretting, the redhead managed to turn and offer a smile up to the dragon. "I'm happy to meet you as well, Osjeith! Thank you for coming to pay a visit!"
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
Sari
Junior Weyrleader

Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:06 am

Osjeith watched the wher silently, hiding the disdain he felt with ease. As his eyes whirled with pleasant, amused greens, he informed his rider that it was Disgusting. Safvris, however, was rather impressed.

"Hm. A strange, interesting brown, isn't he? I find the method of consumption to be rather efficient." Chewing food, if one had no need for that, seemed unimportant. Safvris didn't know enough about whers, though--she knew that it was necessary for a dragon, but...did whers even need to chew? Evidence suggested that no, chewing was simply optional.

Oh, right, introductions. "I am Safvris." She'd already mentioned Osjeith's name, after all, so that was not worth repeating.

Ah, but rider-mine is quite impolite. Would you like a moment to gather yourself before we continue this conversation?

She frowned, then nodded. "He is correct. You must be freezing." The water looked so cold and unpleasant.

This woman seemed quite naive to the ways of the weyr. Safvris had grown adapt at complying with general social norms, especially when they seemed obvious to her--such as bathing in a warm area that was explicitly designated for bathing. She didn't understand why all of them existed, but she knew that things were done a certain way.
Fort Weyr
Peiko of Bronze Tuncath
Liau of Blue Chugoth
K'me of Green Wadjeth
H'saia of Green Eurytath
Thyne of Blue Thynesk
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask
Zar of Green Zarsk
Candidate Mite
High Reaches Weyr
Safvris of Brown Osjeith
Lace of Garnet Rozeth
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Sigil of Green Euraroth
N'vir of Green Plemeth
M'sa of Green Mahallath
Nova of White Scryth
Nhelin of Gold Nhelisk
Candidate Nyrida
Semaca Weyr
V'ryd of Bronze Azenith
Y'suba of Brown Einth
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Ky'ze of Blue Olarith
Aedih of Blue Rauseth
J'pei of Green Zelagoth
Viiox of Green Crimioth
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Jiras of Bronze Jirask
Pirate Teleka
EW-NA
Holder

Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:51 pm

With his impromptu snack properly consumed, Drask looked over the two 'guests' that had decided to interrupt him and Daedra that evening. He overall had no opinion on the other human, he rarely ever did.

The dragon, however... merely warranted a displeased snort from his nostrils. They shared a similar base of color but nothing else. Drask could tell there was far more going on in his head than he let on. Such a fact was something to be mindful of. Still, he generally was unimpressed with most of the dragons of the weyr, so he pointedly turned his focus elsewhere.

"Drask is very interesting, that is true," Daedra replied with a chuckle. "I doubt there's any other wher like him, but I imagine the same could be said of dragons too, and people for that matter! Everyone is different."

When Safvris and Osjeith mentioned her current state, the redhead had to look down to take notice. Still sufficiently wrapped in her sheet, she had overlooked the fact that she was rather exposed underneath.

"O-oh, I suppose I should dress myself," she managed a bit awkwardly.

Daedra hurriedly gathered her things before rushing to get everything back on her person. She probably could have taken a bit more care about it, but she was generally unused to others watching her dress herself (aside from Drask). Thankfully, the large wher was providing a nice cover for her as she quickly tossed her clothing back on in a... semi-presentable fashion.

Daedra stepped aside from the lumpy mass of brown once she thought herself decent. She still had to awkwardly pull at her clothing to try and get them to sit properly against her damp skin.

"Thank you for letting me change," the redhead spoke up, polite as always. "I suppose I will have to learn not to use the lake for washing. It's quite a shame, as the Weyr keeps everything relatively pleasant! It's much colder around the outside lakes and rivers!"
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
Sari
Junior Weyrleader

Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:28 am

Osjeith kept his eyes whirling a pleasant color, but his disdain at the wher's dismissal was evident to Safvris. How dare this wher, this disgusting, inferior beast, judge him! He was the judgmental one. And he was the DRAGON. The indignity! Well, he would just go on like he hadn't noticed.

Safvris, however, nodded. "Yes. We are all different." It made learning the 'rules' of talking to others so confusing. Everyone responded differently to the same thing. Or they responded consistently, but in a way that was illogical and irrational. Still, Daedra seemed to be a kind sort. A gentle soul. So positive that it was almost overwhelming. She reminded Safvris of Amet's brother, Enet--so positive, but so, so dumb. Not that she could make the same judgment about Daedra, at least not yet. It was quite likely that Daedra was similar, however, despite everyone supposedly being 'different.'

Safvris politely turned away as Daedra got dressed, allowing the woman some privacy. The night, too, was a veil of privacy, or so she hoped...and the massive wher in front of Daedra certainly helped. Still, Safvris was content to look at Osjeith instead of Drask, giving her dragon the stink eye for being so...Osjeith.

Safvris tilted her head at Daedra's comment, however. "There is no rule stating that one cannot bathe in the lake. It is just illogical as to why one would prefer to do so when better options exist."

It's still odd. She's a weird one, that Daedra...as is her foul wher. Osjeith kept these words to himself (and Safvris).
Fort Weyr
Peiko of Bronze Tuncath
Liau of Blue Chugoth
K'me of Green Wadjeth
H'saia of Green Eurytath
Thyne of Blue Thynesk
Fyrrowen of Green Rowesk
Arkta of Green Arktask
Zar of Green Zarsk
Candidate Mite
High Reaches Weyr
Safvris of Brown Osjeith
Lace of Garnet Rozeth
K'rou of Blue Nonaryth
Sigil of Green Euraroth
N'vir of Green Plemeth
M'sa of Green Mahallath
Nova of White Scryth
Nhelin of Gold Nhelisk
Candidate Nyrida
Semaca Weyr
V'ryd of Bronze Azenith
Y'suba of Brown Einth
Kas of Garnet Vaheoth
Ky'ze of Blue Olarith
Aedih of Blue Rauseth
J'pei of Green Zelagoth
Viiox of Green Crimioth
E'nyo of White Nohadoth
Jiras of Bronze Jirask
Pirate Teleka
EW-NA
Holder

Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:25 am

Daedra merely tilted her head at Safvris' comment. The redhead could immediately think of numerous reasons to choose bathing in a lake compared to somewhere else. However, she would also admit that she hadn't technically used the method that all of the Weyr considered 'normal'.

Perhaps it would be a truly better method! However, she could not say until she'd tried for herself. Although, she did recall one thing that Safvris said that made her think otherwise.

"Oh, but you mentioned that whers and dragons can't use the inner weyr baths, correct?" she asked, unsure if she heard correctly.

"That would seem like a bit of a down-side, in my opinion atleast. I feel I'd be disappointed if Drask couldn't join me. We've always bathed together; it's fun! Wouldn't you like to take a bath with your special dragon friend? I'm sure taking a bath with other people could be fun enough, but it still seems...Hmm, I'm unsure..."

Truthfully, Daedra was lacking in terms of experiences with other humans in general. Of course, she'd done plenty with her mother in the past, but parental bonding seemed different by comparison.
High Reaches
Daedra of Brown Drask
Semaca
Lemuel
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux