Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[FLIGHT] Through Unfamiliar Skies

This is the roads into and out of the High Reaches area, as well as the skies for flights, races, and other assorted events.
Arcane
Thread Conqueror

Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:05 pm
  • Link

[FLIGHT] Through Unfamiliar Skies

Legiath was bored, bored, bored, bored, bored...Bored and restless, blood as itchy as the first spring pollen and growing itchier with every minute spent basking in the frigid winter sun. They had napped until they tired of napping. Until their wings ached with the urge to fly.

Legiath, who had always been a dragon who believed whims should be thoroughly indulged, snapped their wings to their full length and dove from their ledge, towards the waiting herdbeasts, ravenous with pre-flight hunger.

Blood only, Duke reminded them, biting her lip as she watched. She had let Legiath indulge in meat, the first time they rose, unable to discipline their dragon with enough firmness. That sort of weakness of will was why Duke had never been suited to ride a gold. She simply lacked the strength of character. But the cramps Legiath had suffered the next day were reason enough for even a garnetrider to find their spine.

No fun! You're no fun at all, Legiath complained, as their rider held them back from the meat they truly wanted.

But think of what fun you can have- if you fly light as a feather, Duke coaxed, well-practiced with trying to tempt Legiath into doing what they ought, With blood, not flesh, you will be graceful as the wind itself.

As the hot blood sprayed down Legiath's throat, the urge to fly triumphed over the urge to feed.

Meat forgotten, they dropped their blooded herdbeast to the earth and shot towards where they really wanted to go- beyond the firmament of the clear blue mountain sky.

Come one, come all, any who wish to be the dandelion petal to my brilliant breeze, Legiath called out, their pale hide aglow like the softest of sunrises, their odd wings enough to carry them gracefully aloft.

Duke opened her own door. Weyrfolk indulged when their dragons did and Duke was of the weyr now, so she followed the custom. She didn't know anyone at High Reaches well enough to have a preferred partner- but there was usually someone, when flights began, looking for someone to share it with.
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
Cole of Garnet Colsk and Blue Colodeosk
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Kiriani of Green Tabesleuth
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Rhaenys of White Cosmiath
Wingleader Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
I'lir of Brown Belliorath
Ingrid of Brown Delinarth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Arya of Garnet Xrhuth
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Duke of Garnet Legiath
Drusilla of Garnet Drusk
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Stroud of Blue Strouth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Zhuli of Blue Zhusk and Blue Lisk
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Wilred of Green Lresk and Blue Wilrsk
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Athan of Brown Liraeth
Hermione of Brown Echoneth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Corleon of Blue Corleosk and White Corlesk
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Natsuno of Green Minamith
L'ani of Green Haillenarth
Rhea of Green Rheask
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Francesca
Tarva
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrling

Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:03 am
  • Link

Donketh was napping on his perch outside his weyr when the pale garnet called for chasers. He immediately snapped to attention, head raised high and alert. He tracked Legiath as they rose in the sky, then turned to call into the weyr.

Hey Shr'k! I'm gonna go chase that pretty thing! He only offered the announcement as a courtesy to his rider. The urge to chase was rising under his hide, burning under his skin. He stood, wings extended.

"Donketh, are you really going after that one?

It's in my nature! A dragon rises, I chase! Bronze Donketh doesn't discriminate when it comes to a flight. I'll show them my moves and maybe flirt a little. You should try it sometime. Might make you a little less cranky. Try leaving the door open, maybe someone will come give you some loving while I'm gone.

"Absolutely not," Shr'k said with disgust on his face. As he spoke, he went over to the weyr door and locked it. He double checked that it held firm before turning to Donketh. "Now get out of here and chase, you oversized flit."

Donketh sighed and shook his head. His bonded just didn't understand how to have fun and let loose. If Shr'k wanted to sit alone in the weyr, that was his choice. With a great heave of his wings, Donketh took off from the ledge, gliding over to the herdbeast pen. He only blooded one, then took off after Legiath.

What a fine day for the flight of an even finer dragon! Donketh called out as he fell in formation behind Legiath. He bobbed his head energetically as he flew behind them, bursting with energy and eagerness. Are you new around here? I would've remembered someone as stunning as you are! I'm Donketh, and if you pick me, I promise you, we'll have a great time!
Last edited by FirebrandPhlox on Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
EW-NA
Wingleader

Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:50 am
  • Link

Marc'oni of Blue Gawyth
--

Marc’oni! It’s time for a flight, Gawyth declared, moving himself without delay to his cliff-side opening.

His rider paused from fixing up one of his boots, immediately getting to his feet. “Right now? Well, all right – seems a bit late for some drills or a ride, but we can go. Let’s get your straps and—”

Not you-- Gawyth said with a hint of frustration. He quickly reeled it back. Would he have verbally cleared his throat, he would have. I meant, it’s a flight: a Garnet’s flight. I’d like to go for a chase, she seems accepting.

“Oooh, after a girlfriend, huh? Hey, good for you, Gawyth! Maybe this time she’ll be the one-- I’m rooting for you! Introduce me to her rider if you two hit it off.”

Gawyth didn’t comment. His rider once again conflating human understanding over dragons and how they did things. He wasn’t going to get into it, not when his more primal urges were clawing at him more. It was even more irksome when the Blue saw a Bronze suddenly dart out. Not wishing to lose his chance, Gawyth ducked from the weyr without another word to Marc’oni.

-who didn’t mind and merely waved him off.

As Gawyth got his baring and tried to go closer to Legiath, he couldn’t help the occasional side glance towards Donketh. There didn’t seem to be any clear favor towards the Bronze… yet, but Gawyth was determined to get victory. But, beating out a Bronze wouldn’t be how to do it – he had to win the favor of the Garnet.

I’ve come at your call, Lovely Lady~ I would be more than happy to be the petal that dances from the mere flick of your tail. However, you do yourself such disservice to be compared to something so commonplace as the wind. Your beauty would make even the prettiest bloom blush in shame.
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:46 am
  • Link

Brown Kullilth

Y'ang was working on a bit of administrative paperwork when a garnet's call rang out. She groaned, leaning back and cricking her neck. "Well, that's as good an excuse to take a break as any," she said to no one in particular. Kullilth was already in the Weyrbowl, blooding a beast in preparation. Good luck, lover boy, Y'ang called to the brown, only slightly sarcastic.

You too, Kullilth replied, knowing just as well that his rider was off to find a partner for the flight. Then he was up and away, after the pretty garnet.

Well hello there, beautiful! he called up to the shining pink creature leading the way. I'll be a dandelion seed for you any day, ready willing and eager to be whisked away in whatever direction your warm breezes care to take me. He tucked his wings and rolled slightly, not as agile as a smaller dragon, but still wanting to show off a bit. What was the point of these things if a guy didn't try his hardest to impress the dragon he was trying to catch, after all? Everyone deserved to feel wanted and beautiful, after all. Even Kullilth, but he knew how beautiful he was without anyone needing to tell him.
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Attolia of Cinder Attolisk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan | Soldier (flit)
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Ennis of Green Ennisk and Green Szensk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Weyrling S'ra of White Moggeth
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Hamuntep
Fel
Thread Conqueror

Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:29 am
  • Link

Alakh of Blue Rodimuth

I am speed, oh yeah! Rodimuth declared to his rider, all but champing at the bit to chase this garnet who declared themself... something. Faranth if he knew, or had been paying the slightest attention to their words. He didn't need that sort of flowery nonsense—he was pretty sure flowers had been involved—when he was power, he was might, he was the incredible Rodimuth!

Yes, I'm sure they'll find you just incredibly charming, Alakh remarked drolly. Still... she certainly wasn't opposed to his chasing, doomed an enterprise as she was certain it would be. Legiath's rider was a rather good-looking woman, and a recent transfer, possibly unattached. She could always go and check. Yes, she liked this idea quite a lot, even if with her luck the woman probably exclusively preferred the company of men. At least she could try.

Rodimuth didn't wait on his rider's consideration, especially since she always seemed to be thinking about women, and how boring was that? Human women at least. All ground-bound and uninteresting. Fighting Thread, now that was interesting. And chasing female dragons. The enormous blue launched himself into the air, flaring his wings wide. How could she but be impressed by him?

Let's do this, then! Let me show you how much better I am at this than the others! Rodimuth called, his voice full of absolute conviction in the certainty of his victory.

Alakh, meanwhile, did find the door of the rider's weyr open, and stuck her head in. "You ain't opposed to my joining you, are you?" she asked cheerfully.
Arcane
Thread Conqueror

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:24 am
  • Link

Legiath glided and flitted through the air, for as long as they pleased, occasionally looking back at their admirers, to see how they fared. They swirled. They dipped. They looped. They basked in the warmth of admiring words and desirous eyes and the heat in their own blood, barely bothered by the winter's chill.

But all pleasures- even flying- eventually lost their luster and Legiath had no desire to prolong the tedious.

A most amusing group of suitors they had gathered. Rodimuth, the overgrown blue, was a cold, unfeeling dragon, to come to a chase without offering any words of praise, but every game needed a deserving loser. Kullilth had made a better showing- with both words and fancy tricks. Duke would want Legiath to pick Donketh- the one bronze, who called them fine and stunning and promised them a great time, which was always pleasing. Compliments would get a dragon everywhere.

Really though- there was only choice to be made. How could anyone reject such beautiful and lavish words as Gawyth offered them?

Gawyth, my precious dandelion petal. Your words had melted my heart like the sunbeams thaw the morning frost, Legiath cooed, flying towards their choice, Come. Let us dance together and warm each other a while longer.
---
Back at the weyr, Duke opened her own door and smiled at the woman outside, who was short, but as muscled and strong as a rider should be, with a lovely smile and the sort of dark eyes Duke could drown in. If she was a bit disappointed the woman was a mere bluerider- well Duke was a mere garnetrider, not so foolish as to expect a bronzerider's notice. She extended a hand and pulled her inside.

"Very much not opposed at all," Duke said and let herself fall into the passions of her garnet's flight.
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath