Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[FLIGHT] Silence

This is the roads into and out of the High Reaches area, as well as the skies for flights, races, and other assorted events.
AtlasHyperion
Weyrling

Mon May 20, 2019 8:19 am

[FLIGHT] Silence

Scarlet always thought that- if she really tried to, for... some strange reason- Phalanth could get herself lost in the snow. She was such a pale pink that she was near white, just cover up her deep red markings and who knew if they'd ever find her until it melted. But, as the glow of Phalanth's hide only continued to shine, she'd be impossible to miss among the bright morning's snowflakes. Scarlet found herself a place to watch, she would see what the morning would bring.

Serenity was a blessing that Phalanth was glad to have been gifted. With gentle movements, the garnet flew herself into the air. The cool wind underneath her wings bid her to welcome to speak to any wanting to join, she only wished that things remained calm and cordial, as they should be. To fly was to be at peace for the garnet, she only hoped that others felt the same.

Please, she began, voice as soft as she could keep it to be while calling out, join me this morning. All are welcome.
thefaeriesfyre
Peacekeeper

Mon May 20, 2019 10:03 am

Do you think I should? Her radiance will soon outshine the sun.

Lalauth watched the shining garnet as her glow got brighter. She would take to the sky soon, and the bronze was of a mind to join her. Phalanth was also a member of Moonshot, and Lalauth approved of how level-headed she was.

Shiro cocked his head, considering the question. A smile tugged at his lips as the answer came to him. "You have as much chance as anyone else."

That is not as helpful as you think it is.

Just then, Phalanth took to the skies. Lalauth didn't apply conscious thought to her decision to launch after her. Snow flecked off her star-studded hide as she climbed after the garnet.

Simple radiance could not describe the way you call to me. Starlight itself is not as lovely, nor the morning's glory quite so resplendent.

Shiro grinned, shuttered his connection, and went inside to write a letter to a clutchmate.

"Go. Be great."
ladyweathervain
Wingsecond

Mon May 20, 2019 11:09 am

"What a stunning creature." Lars sighed. Even with a great big bronze best friend, he had always admired Garnets. Such wonderful hues, pinks and reds all mixed up and pretty. Had he not impressed to Sacbellath, he'd have been happy with a garnet...

Hey! Hey wait for me pretty lady!

And there was his great big bronze best friend. Clumsily winging after the pretty garnet. Some things never changed...

"You really just love going for it huh?"

Can you blame me? She's pretty! I gotta fly after her! Scabellath replied with a delighted laugh. Let's fly together!
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Cecelia of Brown Uriangth
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Zul
Candidate Deviya
Candidate Tarquin
SEMECA
Carol of Blue Carsk and Brown Cask
Manuel of Garnet Minevath
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie
Candidate Nidai
HIGH REACHES
Eglantine of Brown Anselth
Dusleros of Brown Runth
Lars of Bronze Scabellath
Candidate Hans
Candidate Orpheus
Candidate Ganymede
Candidate Adeline
AtlasHyperion
Weyrling

Tue May 21, 2019 6:29 pm

Many thanks do I give to your kind, kind compliments, Phalanth said to the chasers, and I truly do enjoy your enthusiasm in joining me on this beautiful day. She only spoke the truth, the accompaniment was what gave her the greatest feeling of enjoyment. Anyone dragon could fly, but, in her mind, no one enjoyed flying as much as she did. To be in the air, it was so much better than walking around. And to be with others as you fly, well, that was the icing on the cake.

Phalanth flew at her own pace, not too fast, not too slow, large wings propelling her forwards. She didn't want to tire herself out too quickly when she was having such a lovely time, and she didn't want everything to come to an end before it even started. That'd be a disservice to her chasers, and she wanted them to enjoy the flight as much as she was. The Winter season could be so cold sometimes, to put some sort of warmth into it all, that sounded delightful.
ladyweathervain
Wingsecond

Thu May 23, 2019 11:37 pm

Oh yeah! Of course! Any excuse to fly is a great one, don't you think? It seemed he wasn't quite as focused as his 'rival'. But he didn't seem to care all that much. He just followed the lovely garnet. And while he wasn't as fast, that wasn't going to stop him from doing anything different. He was gonna have fun and hopefully catch up to her...
FORT WEYR
B'yani of Brown Hyuth
Cecelia of Brown Uriangth
Lou of White Joheith
Candidate Lazu
Candidate Zul
Candidate Deviya
Candidate Tarquin
SEMECA
Carol of Blue Carsk and Brown Cask
Manuel of Garnet Minevath
Candiate Theo
Candidate Ollie
Candidate Nidai
HIGH REACHES
Eglantine of Brown Anselth
Dusleros of Brown Runth
Lars of Bronze Scabellath
Candidate Hans
Candidate Orpheus
Candidate Ganymede
Candidate Adeline
thefaeriesfyre
Peacekeeper

Fri May 24, 2019 10:01 pm

Lalauth wasn't a large bronze, nor was she especially bulky. The unkind might call her badly proportioned, but despite being rather front-heavy, Lalauth was a powerful flier. It stood her in good stead in flights, even flights where she was one of the smaller competitors. Scabellath was larger than she was, but both bronzes outstripped the garnet they pursued.

The sky is even more lovely when flying to join a beautiful lady.

This was a particularly pleasant kind of flight, too. There weren't too many dragons in the air, fouling each other's wings. No one was calling for violence, or putting really any stress on another.

In fact, Lalauth could almost call this a pleasure flight. It pleased her to share this time and this space with Phalanth. And if they parted ways at the end, they would have shared this. There was no way to lose. And yet...

Lalauth wanted to win.
AtlasHyperion
Weyrling

Fri May 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Phalanth enjoyed her time greatly in the sky, but in her heart, she knew what the goal of her flight was to do. Her chasers flew a good flight, calm, no bloodshed, as she wanted. Both bronzes were equal in her eyes, and yet, she knew that she would most certainly have to pick a winner. That would be the end, and as much as she wanted to continue flying, her wings were beginning to burn. To fly forever, that was not the day's aim, perhaps another time.

With careful thought, Phalanth made her choice. Lalauth! Come fly with me, my dear.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux