Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[Rumor] Not So Vital

The high clifftops of the new Weyr gaze out across desert and jungle both, an ideal location to watch for incoming trouble.
Fel
Thread Destroyer

Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:10 pm

[Rumor] Not So Vital

With the recent spotty attack and Mazurka's reputation for incompetence... maybe their activities should be suspended. Aren't they just going to get themselves killed if they try to go out there and explore?
ShelbCake
Junior Weyrleader

Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:46 pm

"Who do they think we are?" Ercilia frowned, not enjoying having heard that rumor, "Our job is to get information regarding the land and mapping it! Requiem and Pavane are the ones who should be the ones protecting against spotted felines! All we do is help Pavane track them!"

Ercilisk was pacing around with her handler, looking at her as she saw Ercilia fume with anger.
AtlasHyperion
Wingrider

Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:10 pm

"I do not know! I do not know who they think they are." Sportacus said, watching the wherhandler fume about. Kidulth laid, curled up in what one could call a ball, next to his rider. "But what I do know is that if we work ourselves up about it, we may just be setting ourselves up for disaster. If people think we are... what was the word, incompetent? We cannot allow anger to make us so. We just need to prove that we are competent! It cannot be that hard."

Is she okay? She looks like she's going to explode! I didn't know people could do that! I hope she is okay! I am going to make sure she does not explode. She will be fine.
Ignys
Weyrleader

Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:19 am

Rinkah wasn't Marazuka, but the thought of calling them incompetent... her blood was boiling. Kahsk leaned heavily on his handler, as if he was afraid she would hit the next person who spouted that nonsense in front of her.

"Whers and dragons are whers and dragons, no matter what squad they're in. To assume that one is less competent than another just because they perform different duties..." She paused, teeth grinding audibly for a moment. "Tch... Lamentoso already exists doesn't it? It's there for a reason."

Lamentoso not bad squad either.

That's where everyone untrustworthy goes, Kahsk...
ShelbCake
Junior Weyrleader

Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:55 am

"Exactly!" Ercilia looked at Rinkah before looking at Sportacus. She took a deep breath and flattened out her long black hair, almost playing with it in her hands as she looked at him, "You're right. I just don't think this is fair, seeing as dealing with spotties isn't even our job. Along with that, we're often in teams."

Ercilisk looked at her handler before looking at the others, "Teams safer than alone." For once, the wher wasn't being her very excitable and cheerful self. Though, that may have been the result of how angry her handler was and she was worried about her.
AtlasHyperion
Wingrider

Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:59 pm

Sportacus breathed a sigh of relief of his own when Ercilia took a deep breath. "You are right, it is not our job. And people should not put blame on others when it is not their fault. I think that... um. I believe that people are just worked up about the situation, and they are saying things out of anger. And they will sit down, and take a moment, and realize that they are wrong."

I don't understand why people have to be so mean to everyone, Kidulth said. Even Lamentoso is okay! They're okay! They're just learning! Everyone needs to learn, some people just need to learn longer!
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux