Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

A Dream Denied [Gen]

The high clifftops of the new Weyr gaze out across desert and jungle both, an ideal location to watch for incoming trouble.
Fel
Thread Destroyer

Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:00 am

A Dream Denied [Gen]

Soonyhano hadn't returned to the Candidate quarters. He'd needed some time alone. Time to think. Apparently quite a lot of time, because he'd failed to notice the sun going sinking down behind the tall jungle trees as he stared down at the ground in front of him, just trying to come to terms with the fact that his dream was now truly dead and buried.

He sat with his chin resting on one drawn-up knee as he looked out over the horizon, the other leg dangling out over the cliff edge. The first stars were beginning to appear in the rapidly deepening skies, but they held no more answers than the past hours had. There didn't seem to be any answers anywhere. He'd probably have to return home, of course, to own up to his failure. But beyond that? He didn't know.

He didn't even hear someone else coming up the path toward him.
Ignys
Weyrwoman

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:11 pm

Rinkah huffed softly as she approached her post, Kahsk bounding ahead of her like an excited puppy. She couldn't help but roll her eyes. He considered everything to be the most fun in the world, watch duty included. What she didn't expect to find on the cliff was another person. A candidate, surely, since he didn't have a wher or dragon accompanying him. She tried to make her approach noticeable. He was precariously close to the edge, after all, but Soon didn't seem to notice.

"Lost in thought?" she asked, close enough to grab him if she needed to. "You should head back. It's getting pretty late. My watch is starting." Kahsk, bless him, didn't seem to read the atmosphere at all, taking up Soon's other side and plopping down gracelessly next to him.

Am Khask. What do so late? Have no wher. Are watching with us?
Fel
Thread Destroyer

Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:28 pm

Soonyhano didn't jump at the sudden sound of a voice behind him, he was too aware of the cliff edge for that, but he did turn his head very quickly to look back and up at the woman who had spoken.

"I"m sorry, I didn't mean to hinder you in starting your watch. I was just, as you said, a bit lost in thought." He looked back out toward the jungle. He'd considered whers before, but now that one was here, he wasn't sure that he could bring himself to ask anything about them. It was as though saying it out loud would somehow make it more real.

"It's nice to meet you though, Kahsk. I'm Soonyhano."
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux