Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Cloud Gazing [Open]

The high clifftops of the new Weyr gaze out across jungle treetops and out to the grasslands beyond, an ideal location to watch for incoming trouble.
Ezra
Wingsecond

Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:27 am
  • Link

Cloud Gazing [Open]

Qiu had been done with his tasks a bit earlier today and decided to treat himself and Flaeth with a bit of relaxing and cloud gazing. It was something he had enjoyed doing since he was a child and that had not changed as he grew and bonded to Flaeth. If anything, now he had a permanent companion to share this with. Naturally Flaeth was always willing to accompany Qiu in whatever struck their fancy that day and as a pair of social butterflies, that usually meant socializing with the various people in Semaca.

But today, Qiu just wanted to do a whole lot of nothing. Well.. almost nothing. While leaning against Flaeth's side, he had his journal out and was doodling cloud inspired shapes he seen and narrating each to his dragon and was fully not aware of anyone else or anything near them, completely in his own world.

" Look at that one, Flaeth. It looks like a firelizard!" He said and grinned up at his green. Flaeth made a happy warble and looked up where her rider had and wiggled gently, careful not to shake Qui. " Oh~! Yes, I see it too! How wonderful!" She exclaimed, warmth in her tone. She just adored her Qiu after all and this made him happy and so.. it made her happy too.
Calingaladha
Candidate

Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:33 pm
  • Link

"Maybe like my brother's firelizard. I always suspect she got squashed in her egg." The voice very slightly proceeded the appearance of Saralia astride Nahangyth, who was gliding up to the cliffs in as casual a fashion as possible.
The white was as careful as possible not to disturb the green as she found a place to land, kneeling to allow her rider to dismount.

"Hope I'm not disturbing you. I'm happy to find another spot if you'd rather be alone." Saralia leaned against her dragon, offering a smile to the greenrider and a dip of her head to the green.
Fort Weyr

Weyrling Alara of Garnet Alubrath
Edward of Bronze Warsk
Wafflous, the fighting cook

Semaca Weyr
Saralia of White Nahangyth
Xanatos the Journeyman Smith
Garma of Green Vranath

High Reaches Weyr
Kovu, Herder
Mahi of Garnet Kubith
Lark the Harper
Ezra
Wingsecond

Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:12 pm
  • Link

Qiu sat up as he heard another speak and the sound of a dragon settling near Flaeth and they gave the person that spoke a big smile. " Hey there! And that sounds like it would have been a pretty cute flit, squishy like a little mallow cloud." They said with a clap of their hands. " Oh absolutely not! Flaeth and I were just cloud gazing. You are welcome to join us or we can just sit here in silence if that is what you need. Sometimes its nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the weyr and just take a moment.. and breathe in the natural beauty around us." He replied with a wistful sigh, and dramatically fell back against his dragon and slumped down to his bottom by the force of sheer gravity alone, no effort from him. Flaeth let out a soft laugh in her mind voice before she lifted her head and greeted the pair.

" Hello there! Nice to meet you both! I'm Flaeth and this is my Qiu... forgive them for their lack of manners.. sometimes he forgets to introduce himself at first. We would love if you would like to join us. Its always nice to meet and talk with other people and dragonkin."
Calingaladha
Candidate

Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:05 pm
  • Link

"Oh, I don't need complete silence by any means, though the nature is lovely." Saralia smiled, shifting her weight slightly against the bulk of the white. "Though, it is nice to have less noise for a bit."

Nahangyth folded her wings and regarded the green with a soft rumble.
Mine is Saralia, and I am Nahangyth. Neither she nor I take offense at that, we all get distracted. Saralia will go on for hours if she thinks she can impart any healing knowledge, or absorb more.
She tilted her head to look up at the clouds. Perhaps ours will find a cloud shaped like manners.
Fort Weyr

Edward of Bronze Warsk

Semaca Weyr
Garma of Green Vranath

High Reaches Weyr
Kovu, Herder
Mahi of Garnet Kubith
Lark the Harper
Ezra
Wingsecond

Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:17 pm
  • Link

Qiu grinned. " Splendid, cause I like to talk but I know some people just.. arent into that and I respect it. So what brings you and yours out here this fine day?" He asked, offering his most charming smile. " Your bonded is very pretty, as are you." He added boldly, not one to hold back what he thought or really think about the impact such words might have.

Flaeth shifted herself into a position more close to a house cat sitting in a breading position as much as a dragon could, anyway. " Ohh! Nice to meet you.. wait I already said that.. hehe silly me! And how fascinating! Its nice to learn new things and I like hearing about it.. Qiu usually does too, though bless him, he tends to get a bit distracted sometimes." She replied, lifting her head to the sky, taking a look at the clouds before turning back to the other dragon.
Calingaladha
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:42 pm
  • Link

Whatever reply Saralia was formulating was lost as soon as the greenrider called her pretty. She turned scarlet almost immediately. "What? No, no, I'm not. Nahangyth is though. I...she...we were just out to relax after a patrol." She suddenly became very interested in a fleck of dust on Nahangyth's hide, trying to hide her flustered flush.

Nahangyth gave a soft rumble to her rider before replying to the green.
Saralia tells me about many new things. Sometimes hard things she has seen while healing. I don't remember them all but it gives her comfort. She doesn't usually change color, though. the dragon observed curiously. I think yours made her do that.
Fort Weyr

Edward of Bronze Warsk

Semaca Weyr
Garma of Green Vranath

High Reaches Weyr
Kovu, Herder
Mahi of Garnet Kubith
Lark the Harper