Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

A New Beginning [Ezra]

To one side of the cliffs, weyr caves built into the rock gaze out over the lush but dangerous treetops of the jungle below. Home is where the heart is.
Agenothree
Peacekeeper

Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:48 pm
  • Link

A New Beginning [Ezra]

Peering into a quiet weyr, Natira and Khalbath looked almost comical as both waited and listened for a sign that Cove or Eponath were within. "Cove?" Natira called, though she expected no answer. It was more probable that both were out, busy as a dragonrider ought to be. Realizing that there was no one home, Natira hurried inside as Khalbath immediately made for his couch, though his excitement was a pressing thing in her mind. It has been such a simple thing, to find a trader that had a clutch of firelizard egg available, haggle for one she found rather pretty (and hoped he'd find darling too), and bring it home; a present for her and Cove's third spring together since that fateful night at Semaca's second Dragon Day. Ever since conceiving such a notion some days ago, both Natira or Khalbath could hardly contain themselves, absolutely ecstatic to think how Cove might respond. Nestled safely in a little bowl of warm sand, she set her present down on a little table she and Cove often shared light meals together.

But in wake of a quiet weyr, Natira found herself wanting to pace, sitting down in hopes that she could calm her nerves, but finding herself bouncing her leg and worrying at her lip in but a moment. Perhaps her gift was for more than her and Cove's anniversary too. Between odd waking hours and a near constant nausea, she thought she'd been falling ill, but mood swings soon followed. In conjunction to everything else, it was her unusual and frankly alarming cravings (and Khalbath's insistence) that had sent her to see a healer, but what she learned had been an absolute shock and news that was best shared in person. Is it time? Khalbath asked eagerly, lifting his head from his paws in anticipation. In spite of a headache beginning to trouble her, Natira had to laugh softly. "Yes, it's time," she said, smiling. Khalbath rumbled his excitement, projecting to find Cove and Eponath. Natira wants to see you as soon as you can! he called, unwittingly revealing what was waiting for them in a singular image of a firelizard's egg and his overwhelming elation.
Ezra
Wingsecond

Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:10 am
  • Link

Cove had been having a busy day. Between his duties and his personal mission to find a gift for his Natira for their anniversary, he had been stressing out hard. Eponath did what she could to soothe his worries and eventually after hours of searching, he came across a perfect gift. Stopping at a stall that was selling firelizard eggs, he noticed one that reminded him of the warm color of his beloved's eyes and in a fit of sentimentality, he bought the egg instantly and carefully tucked the little treasure alongside the bouquet of wildflowers he had gathered just before landing in the weyr proper.

Flying home, he had been a mess of nerves and hearing Khalbath reach out to him, he was filled with panic. Was Natira alright?! Was she sick again?! His mind raced and he totally did not take note of the mental image he was given as he hurried to slid off his dragon's back so fast that he missed a step and landed unceremoniously on his rear end with a painful grunt. Thank the stars that no one seen him do that, as it was rather embarrassing.

Stumbling inside in a hurry and clearly out of breath from literal running, he almost dropped his present for her. " Natira! Are you alright, what happened?" He asked in a clear panic, rushing over to her, not taking note of anything else around him but her.
Agenothree
Peacekeeper

Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:14 am
  • Link

Natira waited patiently where she sat, though her eyes kept drifting to her present for Cove. Would he like it? Perhaps she should've gauged his interest a little more before being so impulsive. I think Cove will love it, Khalbath said confidently in her mind, his eyes whirling for his bonded, after retreating from Cove's mind too soon for him to sense his panic. Natira couldn't help but smile; though he didn't exactly understand everything about her and Cove's relationship and what that entailed, his attempt at reassuring her warmed her heart. But before she could get caught up in her worrying again, a shadow crossed her vision ahead; that had to be Cove and Eponath! A thud and a pained sound caused a surge of worry to wash through her, seeing her get to her feet and start forward, but pausing as Cove himself hurried in. What she noticed first was a bouquet of wildflowers in his arms, so bright and bold it'd be hard to miss them! But what she focused on first was how breathless he seemed, face flushed and demeanor alarmed, causing a frown to crease her face. "Cove, I'm alright, nothing's wrong," she reassured her weyrmate, smiling gently for him while positioning herself carefully to block him from seeing her gift too soon. "I asked Khalbath to ask you here since I...I got you something, a gift for our third spring together." It's a very good present, Khalbath rumbled proudly from his couch, pleased for playing his part. I helped my Natira choose it myself! Natira smiled and huffed a laugh for her brown, his excitement for what was still to come filled her mind as strong as her own.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux