Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Oddballs (Flit Hatching)

To one side of the cliffs, weyr caves built into the rock gaze out over the lush but dangerous treetops of the jungle below. Home is where the heart is.
Ezra
Wingsecond

Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:19 pm
  • Link

Qiu of Green Flaeth

Qiu smiled as he was handed the pink egg. " Ohh.. this is a pretty colored egg. Thank you for this! I've always wanted a firelizard and now I will have one. This is exciting." Qiu replied and grinned. " Parden me being a wherry's arse, I'm Qiu of Green Flaeth by the by. I should have introduced myself first before talking your ear off.. sorry about that." He replied to Sakura, sheepishly grinning. He was being super careful with his egg so not to drop it or anything.

Though he didn't have much time to think about it as the egg popped open like a grape and the firelizard scampered up his arm and was making noise. " Oh look at you! You remind me of the Fall, a favorite season.. I think I shall call you... Autumn!" He said and shifted his arm so the firelizard could get a more solid purchase on his arm. He took out his journal for a moment to add something to it when a leaf of the paper fell out and over the firelizard like a blanket and he got a happy sound in response. " Oh yeah, you are going to fit into our little family well, yes you are." He cooed, not caring anyone else was in the room who could see him being silly. He was just so elated!

Looking over at Karlach's flit, he offered her a greeting. " Hello there. What a pretty green you have there!" He exclaimed and his Autumn poked his head out a bit more, long lizarding towards his clutchmate almost curiously.
Calingaladha
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:23 pm
  • Link

Garma of Green Vranath - Sakura

Garma seemed surprised when she was suddenly holding a yellow egg. "Oh! I, um..." she hesitated at first when it was offered to her, but she was too enthralled to actually refuse. Whether out of nervous energy or unsure of what to do, she paced in a small pattern back and forth, as if there was a number of steps to take before the tiny creature would hatch.
"I wonder what you'll be, little one. besides hungry."
Fort Weyr

Weyrling Alara of Garnet Alubrath
Edward of Bronze Warsk
Wafflous, the fighting cook

Semaca Weyr
Saralia of White Nahangyth
Xanatos the Journeyman Smith
Garma of Green Vranath

High Reaches Weyr
Kovu, Herder
Mahi of Garnet Kubith
Lark the Harper
Kitarial
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:28 pm
  • Link

Two successful hatchings, and 9 more to go. Sakura waved her hand at Dunsmith’s concern over his egg, not dismissing his concern but not making it a big deal either. “I’m sure it’ll be fine. Sometimes, the ones that look ready to hatch first end up being some of the last,” she stated, Kleeth grumbling something to her that sounded suspiciously like “too crowded.”

But her attention was quickly captured by something else, the egg she’d handed Garma splitting open almost lazily. The flit inside took its time, but once it began to emerge the color was clear.

A blue! And a lazy one at that, who sleepily blinked up at the greenrider. He made no attempt to finish cleaning off the egg goop or the last few shards of his egg.
High Reaches
Blue of Brown Prarirth
Cater of Blue Sprath
Chuuya of Blue Yask and White Chusk
Weyrling Fen of Blue Molloth
Tobirama of Blue Edolath
Shikamaru of Green Konoith
Fort Weyr
Enma of Garnet Enmask
Kiyoomi of Brown Chiyamath
Genma of Green Hanatarith
Seto of White Bruueyeth
Candidate Bede
Semaca Weyr
Sanvi of Bronze Sanvisk and Blue Sask
A’cheng of Garnet Quebeleth
Weyrling S’ui of Brown Buetoth
Ridelle of Blue Pothecath
Sakura of Blue Kleeth
Deng of Green Engsk
Kazuyuki of Green Kazoth
Calingaladha
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:45 pm
  • Link

Garma wasted no time in helping the tiny hatchling free himself from the egg pieces. "Oh, sweetling. We'll get you cleaned up in no time." She gently dabbed off some goop with her own tunic.
It was time for Vranath to add her two cents. The green had miraculously quieted down until the blue hatched.
Blue like the abyss of the sky to be lost in, no doubt. At least we can love him until then. I will try to keep him safe! But I can make no promises.
Fort Weyr

Weyrling Alara of Garnet Alubrath
Edward of Bronze Warsk
Wafflous, the fighting cook

Semaca Weyr
Saralia of White Nahangyth
Xanatos the Journeyman Smith
Garma of Green Vranath

High Reaches Weyr
Kovu, Herder
Mahi of Garnet Kubith
Lark the Harper
AtlasHyperion
Peacekeeper

Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:07 pm
  • Link

Mak of Bronze Valask - Mention: Sakura, the other flits

"Thanks," Mak said with a nod of approval. She wandered away to a more isolated corner of the weyr and observed her new egg. It was a bit odd-looking, but that'd be fine. She knew very well that the look of an egg didn't have any bearing on what the creature inside looked like- well, unless it was damaged. But, this one looked fine, and so she patiently waited for her new firelizard to spring free.

As she waited, she observed the other firelizards who had already popped out. Loud, lazy, and hungry. Ugh, she only hoped her flit would be somewhat of a hard worker, or she'd regret this sleep-driven flit-acquisition excursion.
Fort Weyr
Aries of Bronze Vereigth
L'uke of Bronze Paleskyth | Green Kyber
Ony'ra of Bronze Sekigaeith
Cal of Brown Langeth | Blue Wing & Gold Daylight
Driscoll of Brown Lobsevith | Canine Sam
Johnny of Brown Cobreth
Sr. Weyrleader Negan of Brown Wireth | Blue Walker & Blue Roamer
Rainbow of Blue Rasuneth
Zhenya of Blue Kraskath | Green Ksyusha
D'eryn of Green Hachimath
Er'sa of Green Kapitath
Reign of Green Asakurth
Serras of Green Inashtath
T'rix of Green Clohoth | Green Daisy May
Laurie of White Lacheith
Qrow of White Brachyth | Gold Firecracker & Garnet Pipsqueak
Vox of White Varelsith | Bronze Baker's Dozen & Sonora Sunrise
Dawn Squadleader Theseus of Gold Thesk
Wherleader Reinhardt of Bronze Reinsk
Misun of Brown Emissk and Green Misusk | Gold Lonny
Journeyman Starsmith Bastille of Garnet Bassk
Briayse of Garnet Briaysk
Jimmy of Garnet Jamesk
Journeyman Smith Geoffrey of Blue Eldreosk
Journeyman Healer Jonathan of Green Jonask
KV of Green Kirvisk
Journeyman Harper Tommy of Green Tomsk
Dragonless Matyll
High Reaches Weyr
Zagreus of Gold Galdeneth | Garnet Cerberus
Caleb of Bronze Marceth
Firestorm Wingsecond T'lery of Bronze Maskerath
Weyrling Elise of Brown Mririhgith
Graemerre of Garnet Ofereth
Scarlet of Garnet Phalanth
Dennys of Blue Vilkarath
Apprentice Miner Le'nore of Blue Vickoth | Garnet Bajiquan
Journeyman Healer Moira of Blue Deoraith
Wheatley of Blue Usurth
D'ot of Green Mystreth
Florian of Green Uesugith
CM Pomegranate of Green Lyth | Bronze Arils
Iovi of Bronze Zerusavisk | Gold Sundrop
Andreyane of Brown Andreysk
Dante of Brown Dansk and Brown Ask | White Rebellion
Shoresy of Garnet Shorsk | Green Big Sexy
Sonic of Garnet Sonisk
Jr. Weyrleader Connor of Blue Andorsk and Hemimorphite Connosk | Canine Sumo & Garnet Traci
Master Vinter Glaidan of Blue Glaisk
Linny of Blue Linirask
Laoghaire of Blue Laosk | Bronze Gilleasbuig
Aida of Green Aidask | White Boots
Ascelin of Green Celisk
Journeyman Smith Ash of Green Assk | Green Boomstick
AWM Joel of Green Joesk
Volo of White Volosk
Headwoman Nanette | Brown Boreas & White Notos
Weyrbrat Galina | Brown Stripe
Semaca Weyr
Kenn'y of Azurite Iscaroth | Garnet Ruby
Snake of Brown Emmerith | Canine Sunny
Journeyman Healer J'velle of Garnet Selulath
L'ux of Garnet Ambraliath | White Coal
Tec'na of Garnet Melodith
Wild of Garnet Kagerith | Gold Triforce
Minuet Wingleader Blumiere of Blue Nastasiath
He'ra of Blue Entreneurth | Snake Sonder
Lori of Blue Raerth | Blue Skip-It
Nikola of Blue Manarth
O'dair of Blue Ovisreth
Chopin Wingleader Rogers of Blue Tesseth
Sportacus of Blue Kidulth
Journeyman Healer Victor of Blue Taeth
F'ythe of Green Padaranth | Blue Esda
Kihaza of Green Ariaath
Rhys of Green Vauth
R'inash of Green Ioth
Pirate Weyrling Tetra of Green Yilylath | Gold Goddess
K'ymask of White Lothwyth
Mak of Bronze Valask | Brown Petryshyn
Bella of Garnet Bellask | Green Plumbob
Journeyman Healer Borealis of Blue Borealisk
Wherleader Lacra of Blue Mioarask | Gold Luminita
Journeyman Harper Hedroom of Green Hedrosk
Spengler of Green Spesk
Dimentio of White Disk | White Prognosticus
Valentine of White Valensk | Green Piper
Journeyman Harper Mondlicht
Journeyman Healer Vokonis | Green Charo
Pirate Candidate Karofka | Feline Sir Meowsalot
Pirate Conway | Brown No-Name
Windra
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:56 pm
  • Link

Traze of Garnet Azesk

"Hnnn, thanks," hummed the handler, eagerly accepting the brightly colored red egg without question. She noticed Sakura's expression but didn't say anything about it. Exhausted as she was, Traze was easily inflammatory. It might be best to keep her mouth shut right now. Hatchings were meant to be happy times, not packed with bites. "Azesk love, you really should come."

Fear I will change outcome of events. Sun is bright. Good news. Too bright for me.

"Sounds a lot like you're just being a lazy bum," she uttered with a softened tone. Wherhandlers of all sorts were packing in. "Some dopes from the Weyr Guard are here," Traze told Azesk in a voice she didn't bother masking. "Good to know we won't be the only ones sufferin' tonight. Insomnia, hello!"

Flits were already bursting out and she felt the mood of that blue one. She stroked the shell with a gentle thumb. "Well no worry. We'll get you good and fed so you'll be tuckered out before you know it."
Kitarial
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:23 pm
  • Link

Sakura’s comment to Dunsmith was quickly proven semi correct, the egg in his hands bursting apart rather violently. The flit within seemed like fury incarnate, snapping and whirling as she searched for a source of food. She was ravenous.

A green! More than willing to bite if she wasn’t fed right now.
High Reaches
Blue of Brown Prarirth
Cater of Blue Sprath
Tobirama of Blue Edolath
Fort Weyr
Enma of Garnet Enmask
Seto of White Bruueyeth
Candidate Bede
Semaca Weyr
Sakura of Blue Kleeth
Deng of Green Engsk
Kazuyuki of Green Kazoth
nineofswords
Weyrwoman

Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:50 pm
  • Link

Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk

"Oh Faranth," Dunsmith swore when the egg burst open to a whirling, angry bundle of hunger and rage. "Apparently she'd just stopped moving because she was getting ready for one final push," Dunsmith speculated, quickly getting a bit of meat between his fingers and those snapping jaws.

"There now, you fierce thing, let me look at you," Dunsmith said, running his fingers over her hide like some people did when assessing herdbeasts. He didn't know what he was looking for, but she seemed fine? As far as flits went. "Well, now, you seem fine enough, my new little friend," he said. "It would appear I was worried over nothing."

Hello, Dunsk rumbled to the green across their newfound bond. I Dunsk. Have permission to bite human if he get out of line.

Dunsmith shook his head at his wher and smiled at his companions. "Well now, looks like I need a name for this fiercesome little lady. Any advice?" She tried to snap at his thumb, but he was too observant and fast for that to work on him, and instead he shoved another hunk of meat in her maw. "Perhaps I'll just call your Fiercesome? Hm...no, I don't much like the ring of that. I'll workshop it." He gave an exaggerated yawn. "But first, a bath for this one, and then bed, methinks."
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Wherling Ennis of Green Ennisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Weyrling Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
Dragon
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:26 pm
  • Link

Giana of Bronze Goranask - Dunsmith

Well, wasn't this exciting! Giana held her orange egg carefully, not wanting to drop it and damage it or the flit inside; however, at the same time, she was craning her neck as she looked around at the firelizards hatching one after another. Green, brown, blue, green - it was so wonderful! It definitely had Gi on her toes.

"Congrats on your little green lady!" she told Dunsmith as a pretty little flit hatched for him. Oh, how great! She was practically abuzz with excitement. She didn't know why she hadn't done this before. She'd never actually been someone who was at a hatching of any sort to Impress before, so this was all new.

She stroked her orange egg gently, wondering when it was going to hatch. The anticipation was intense.
Kitarial
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:40 pm
  • Link

In the excitement of the fierce green hatching, another egg quietly shaking apart would go largely unnoticed. This one was slow, but methodical, freeing itself from the egg carefully and almost gracefully. Well, as graceful as a newborn flit could get. She didn’t make a sound as she emerged from her egg into Traze’s arms, quietly staring up at the human holding her. She seemed… attentive.

A green! Almost blueish in base shade, though her markings were unmistakably green. An elegant and seemingly calm little lady.
High Reaches
Blue of Brown Prarirth
Cater of Blue Sprath
Tobirama of Blue Edolath
Fort Weyr
Enma of Garnet Enmask
Seto of White Bruueyeth
Candidate Bede
Semaca Weyr
Sakura of Blue Kleeth
Deng of Green Engsk
Kazuyuki of Green Kazoth
Agenothree
Peacekeeper

Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:14 pm
  • Link

Z'relli thought it would be a typical day for himself and both Enulath and Riverdance, relaxing in a shady spot and enjoying a quiet morning before it got too warm. But a dragon's voice called across Semaca, alerting all who were interested to come to his bonded's weyr to try for a firelizard egg from her gold's clutch, causing Z'relli to sit up, his interest piqued. It was an idle consideration some time ago, to see about finding his firelizard a companion, not to mention how he wouldn't mind a new addition to his group. But would Enulath? I would not mind, Enulath confirmed, rolling her near eye open to regard him. Might we go for a swim afterwards? Of course, Z'relli replied warmly as both got up in unison. Riverdance cheeped from her perch at his shoulder; she didn't seem particularly opposed either. It didn't take long for him to leap up to her neck and navigate to Sakura's weyr, though he hesitated at seeing how populated it was; it seemed others had thoughts much like his own upon hearing Sakura's dragon project her announcement. Enulath was quick in setting him down and vacating Sakura's ledge, in case another dragon needed to land, not eager to make someone upset in lingering. Wordlessly soothing her worries, Z'relli walked in, trying not to bump into others as he moved, nodding in polite greeting to those who noticed him. Spotting who he presumed to be Sakura herself, a gangly-looking blue not far from her and a sand-filled pot containing a gold firelizard and some colorful eggs, he cleared his throat as he carefully approached. "Good morning," Z'relli said in greeting, shoulders unconsciously straightening a little. "Z'relli of Enulath, wingrider of Minuet. I heard there were firelizard eggs available? If permissible, I would like to try for one."
Femisis
Wingleader

Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:34 pm
  • Link

Karaze was getting ready to settle in for the day (that would never stop sounding strange in his head) when the call went out for firelizard eggs. He reluctantly paused halfway through pulling off his shirt, weighing his options. He was tired and it was certainly bedtime, but he'd missed so many of these hatchings since they tended to occur more during the day... It was a conundrum for sure.

Mmm... go. Get egg, then come rest. Karask said, deciding for his handler before the young man could trap himself further and get neither sleep or a firelizard. Would be good to have small friend.

"O-oh, if you think so..." Pulling his shirt back on, Karaze gave Karask a hug which the blue happily returned. "I'll be back soon, I hope... but if you're tired, you can go sleep.

Worry not. Will be here.

"Thanks." Smiling faintly, Karaze departed, asking for directions along the way. He arrived to find the hatching had already started, though much to his relief he noted several wherhandlers he knew, at least in passing. "Oh, um, good morning... could I have an egg, if there are any left?" He asked Sakura, trying to look less nervous than he felt.
Fort Weyr
Uryuu of Bronze Frydrykth | Kojaku
Byleth of Brown Gilgath
Cress of Brown Lumiouth
Jushiro of Brown Kotowarith
Megumi of Blue Zoth
Akira of Green Auruth | Kukuri
Gaelio of Green Vacuouth | Kimaris
Li'dyn of Green Vairrianth
Trowa of Green Yasogamith | Heavyarms
Remy of Blue Resk
Candidate Izumi
High Reaches Weyr
Hong'lu of Bronze Gerauth
Izuku of Bronze Xistanorth
Hitoshi of Blue Telliuth | Riot
Keith of Blue Shinadoth | Romelle
Shouto of Green Drivith | Mnythri
V'dar of Green Liralith
Juniper of Green Junipesk
Weyrling Saruhiko of Green Neneth
Wherling Adaman of Blue Adamansk | Dialga
Semaca Weyr
Niriru of Bronze Ziodyneth
Chrom of Garnet Joth | Stahl Zozi
Lio of Garnet Shisenitath | Ringtail
Minato of Blue Charoth
Crowe of White Eclith | Lunafreya
Soran of White Qanth | Exia
Karaze of Blue Karask
Weyrling Le'na of Garnet Jeroth
Windra
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:35 pm
  • Link

Traze of Garnet Azesk

Oh!

The egg was hatching!

To forsk with everything else. Tired eyes watched the red shell splinter apart until something green and gracious spilled onto her hands. There was a substantial amount of slime coating her fingers. No big deal. Big newborn eyes stared at Traze in silent observance. It didn't creel, demanding food - yet obviously Traze could sense it. That ravenous hunger became her own in an instant.

"You are ridiculously silent," she quipped, sliding the creature from one hand so that she might free a parcel of meat from its container. The flit took it with a small, muted warble, carefully tearing the sinew apart in her maw. "Such a pretty, ladylike little girl you are!"

Azesk you gotta see her! She sent a mental image to the garnet, asleep in her weyr.

Azesk rumbled approval. Arden and lush. Like rainforest and dew. Or little lizards running on bark. The wher wasn't near enough nor connected yet to form some communication with the creature, but Traze could hear the desire to do so. Bamboo.

"Bamboo?!" She lowered her voice to not startle the creature. "Okay, cute. But it's my job to name her. And - uh ... " By Faranth her eyes were blurry. Traze turned to Sakura. "Thank you for the brat. She's really sweet. Dunno what I'm gonna name her."

She didn't really wait for a response, curtly turning towards the door and ignoring everybody else.

"Little girl, I'm dragging. Let's get you back - and don't worry, I'm gonna stuff you silly!"
Kitarial
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:51 pm
  • Link

Two new people showed up, one being a rider whose dragon dropped them off on her ledge, and the other another handler.

Z’relli seemed respectful enough, and Sakura retrieved a large tan egg from the pot of sand. ”Take good care of them,” she murmured, already skipping to retrieve an egg for the other newcomer, a handler. He seemed rather nervous, so she plastered on a soothing smile, handing him a deep red egg. ”Of course you may, there are still some left,” she responded to Karaze.

Meanwhile, the next egg was hatching. This one seemed to split at an even, but not too slow pace. The creature that emerged from within seemed faintly irritated as he tumbled into Giana’s waiting hands, nipping at her warningly. He made no effort to get away, but he demanded food with a loud creel, eyes whirling as he looked the handler in the eye.

A blue! Simple but handsome, with a brighter body and his inner wings the deep blue of the night sky.
High Reaches
Blue of Brown Prarirth
Cater of Blue Sprath
Tobirama of Blue Edolath
Fort Weyr
Enma of Garnet Enmask
Seto of White Bruueyeth
Candidate Bede
Semaca Weyr
Sakura of Blue Kleeth
Deng of Green Engsk
Kazuyuki of Green Kazoth
Dragon
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:10 pm
  • Link

Giana of Bronze Goranask

The egg cracked with surprising neatness and a blue unfolded into Giana's hands. The new baby was obviously irritated and nipped at Gi's fingers; the petite wherhandler put a warning fingertip against her new flit's nose and then proceeded to feed the firelizard some meat. Such a perfect little baby!

"Aren't you just the sweetest little thing," Gi cooed at her new bondmate. "Now, what shall I name you ... hmm. That might take a little thinking." She'd never named anything before.

The flit nipped at Giana's fingers again, although with less irritation behind it this time. Gi was obviously going to have to take some time bonding with the little flit. Who she should name ... uh, what should she name him? "Zuu. I'm going to call you Zuu."
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux