Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Morning Visit [Gen]

Tyto
Wingsecond

Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:30 pm

Morning Visit [Gen]

Early morning, or their new morning since becoming wherhandlers, would find Sylvain wandering the Weyr rather than sleeping. He'd been dealing with... some things. Not anything he really wanted to bother Dimitri or Felix with. Especially not Felix. But it was getting hard to ignore, hard to pretend that it wasn't gnawing at him. But it was better if he just kept on pretending. He'd even managed to hide it from Sylvask.

Feelings. Genuine feelings. Feelings he'd been running from for a while and now just pretended like they didn't exist. If he kept on like that, maybe they'd go away. Or someone else more deserving would step in and do something and he'd be able to just keep pretending.

He stopped short, staring at the door in front of him. This was definitely not his room in the barracks. All the doors looked the same, for the most part, but this was definitely not his. "Oh," he mumbled dumbly after a beat or two. Without thinking, he'd dragged himself straight up to Felix's door. It had been a while since he'd gotten to see him outside of lessons. Maybe he could bother him and not feel too guilty about it.

Quietly, he knocked on the door, wondering if Felix was sleeping in on their day off. Well, it was pretty early, too.
Ignys
Peacekeeper

Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:22 pm

Felix was, in fact, still tucked under his covers. He wasn't necessarily asleep, just hadn't motivated to move just yet. Felisk, on the other hand, was still very much dozing, practically snuggled into his side. The quiet knock at the door finally prompted him to move, standing slowly and yawning. He was, quite frankly, surprised to see Sylvain on the other side. It wasn't usually like him to be up so early.

"Hey..." He said dumbly, carding his hand through his hair in hopes of organizing it a little. "Pretty early for you to be up. Trouble sleeping?" He couldn't help but be a little worried. Either Sylvain had finally gotten into the habit of not needing to be woken up or something was on his mind. "Felisk is still sleeping, but you can come in if you want."
Tyto
Wingsecond

Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:38 pm

When Felix opened the door, Sylvain just stared at him for a moment, a few expressions flickering across his face. It had been a while since he'd seen him first thing in the morning after being woken up, with his hair down and mussed from sleep. How he managed to look the way he did no matter what would have been a wonder if he didn't know that Felix could have been covered in grime and Sylvain would still have thought he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Thoughts whizzed past in his mind, too quick to grasp but their meaning more than plenty enough to have him giving a grin that he hoped came off more sheepish than anything else. He laughed softly, praying it didn't sound too forced, "I guess there's not any other reason I'd be up this early normally, huh." Unless he was back to his old habits, but with his wher that was basically out of the question. It was against the rules, for one, and two, he wasn't interested in losing her to whatever confusion or stress that happened as a result.

"Sure, if you don't mind. I'll be quiet so I don't wake her up." Being in the other's sleepy room sounded a lot better than being in the hallway. It would probably help his head stop buzzing, too.

If Felix stepped aside to let him come in, he would wander his way awkwardly around for a moment before planting himself on the floor beside his bed, leaning to rest his head against it. Not on it, he hadn't been invited, but somewhere relatively comfortable. He could see the lump of Felisk there, too.
Ignys
Peacekeeper

Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:09 pm

"Of course I don't mine. And don't worry about Felisk. I doubt she would mind. If anything, she might just crawl in your lap and go back to sleep if you woke her." He smirked, pushing his door open further to let Sylvain in. Something was definitely up. It was subtle but... Sylvain just didn't seem quite like himself. Could be exhaustion, sure, but it could be something else too. He closed the door softly, returning to his bed.

"I'm still not used to how warm it is here this season. High Reaches would still be disgustingly cold. I'd say it's almost too warm." He chuckled softly, hiding a yawn behind the back of his hand. "Well, it'll get warmer. I suppose I shouldn't complain about it."

Felisk stirred, but didn't seem to wake from the commotion. She just curled tighter on the end of his bed. He glanced at Sylvain, rolling his eyes good naturedly.

"I swear, she'd sleep on my chest if she could. She's not gonna be able to sleep on my bed much longer. She already takes up a good portion of it."
Tyto
Wingsecond

Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:10 pm

A soft chuckle from Sylvain as he rested his head against the frame of the bed, looking up at him. He couldn't help the lazy (affectionate) smile on his face as Felix chuckled as well. "We grew up there in the cold, though. Summer heat here might kill us." Probably not. He was just being dramatic. But it was definitely a huge change from what they were used to back at High Reaches, what with the bitter winters and cool summers. Summer in Semaca was such a vast difference.

Turning his attention to Felisk, he reached up and lightly brushed his hand against the nearest part of her, just a light touch. Hopefully she was familiar enough with him to just ignore him, considering he bothered Felix all the time and they had lessons together. Sylvask was slightly more disgruntled about physical contact but hadn't made much of a fuss at him just yet.

"She'll figure out a way, I bet," he hummed. "Or you can see if she'll let you use her as a pillow for once, once she's too big."
Ignys
Peacekeeper

Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:49 pm

"Well, I guess it's good there's plenty of shade in the weyr then. And that we work at night." That was a thought. The bitter cold of High Reaches would make winter nights horrid. At least here, they escaped the worst of the summer heat and had warm winters.

Felisk, if anything, leaned into the touch some, a low hum rumbling deep in her chest. Felix smiled, small and easy to hide. He didn't, though, patting her head gently and scoffing at his friend's words.

"A pillow... Part of me knows she would say yes. But I don't know how comfortable a pillow she would make.... I suppose she is pretty warm..." He rubbed one of her headknobs a bit before dropping his hand to his lap, stifling a yawn. "Sylvask strikes me as the type of wher to bite you for even suggesting it."
Tyto
Wingsecond

Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:44 pm

"Good point," he returned, finally starting to feel a little bit of sleep setting in. He was finally getting tired. How Sylvask had completely ignored him through it he had no idea, though he did suspect she was keeping quiet tabs on him just to make sure he didn't go do something stupid. Well, more stupid than bothering Felix early in the morning. "We'll only have to deal with the tail end of the day's heat."

Sleepily looking up at Felix, he gave him a crooked smile. "She might threaten to but I know she's all bark. Just don't tell her I said that or she might change her mind."
Ignys
Peacekeeper

Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:41 pm

"I'm full of good points." he murmured, settling back down. "At High Reaches, we just had to deal with the cold and hope enough heat gets trapped in our weyr to keep us from freezing our toes off."

Felix just quirked a brow at him. How was he responsible for making sure Sylvain didn't annoy his wher into biting him?

"Mm... I won't say anything. But that doesn't mean she won't find out on her own. Or find another reason to bite you." He smirked tiredly. "So if you show up here with a bite mark, I can't say I'll be surprised. Now, if the reverse happened... well, I think you'd have to bring me back to my senses."
Tyto
Wingsecond

Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:29 pm

"And made of many points," Sylvain mumbled with a sleepy laugh, grinning like a fool to himself. He was definitely feeling the sleepiness catching up with him now, even if he was sitting on a hard floor. Yawning, he added, "I don't mind if you're a little prickly though." Leaning over, he rested his cheek against Felix's leg, giving it a sleepy little pat. "You wouldn't be Felix otherwise."

Eyes falling closed for a moment, he heaved a long sigh, yawning again. "You can go back to sleep, I'll get out of your hair..." He didn't move yet, though. And after another beat or two, he let out a quiet snore.
Ignys
Peacekeeper

Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:15 am

"Made of many... oh haha. Let me put my belt knife on my person so I can have one more." He replied dryly, staring down at his friend. Right... he wouldn't be Felix if he wasn't a little rough around the edges. And Sylvain put up with him. Hell, Dimitri did too, to his amazement.

"It's..." And he was asleep. Felix heaved a sigh, staring at the ceiling. What was he going to do with this man...? "Alright. You aren't staying on the floor." He shifted his leg out from under Sylvain's cheek carefully, pausing. How the hell was he going to lift all of Sylvain's deadweight...? He settled for hooking his arms under the red head's armpits, gracelessly hauling him up. Felisk stirred, blinking at her handler tiredly.

"It's fine, go back to sleep. Sylvain's just... being himself." He got as comfortable as he could, yawning into his hand. "Stupid tall idiot."
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux