Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

[CHARTERS+Bre'q] Arts and Crafts

Arcane
Thread Conqueror

Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:51 pm
  • Link

[CHARTERS+Bre'q] Arts and Crafts

In two more months, the Charters will be big enough to glide. For now, their riders get to work on their first set of weyrling straps. Fun dyes and cheerful decorations have been provided. While Ostoriath is still a baby, Bre'q has been invited to join the craft party- it's never too early to start designing stylish accessories.
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
Cole of Garnet Colsk and Blue Colodeosk
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Kiriani of Green Tabesleuth
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Rhaenys of White Cosmiath
Wingleader Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
I'lir of Brown Belliorath
Ingrid of Brown Delinarth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Arya of Garnet Xrhuth
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Duke of Garnet Legiath
Drusilla of Garnet Drusk
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Stroud of Blue Strouth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Zhuli of Blue Zhusk and Blue Lisk
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Wilred of Green Lresk and Blue Wilrsk
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Athan of Brown Liraeth
Hermione of Brown Echoneth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Corleon of Blue Corleosk and White Corlesk
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Natsuno of Green Minamith
L'ani of Green Haillenarth
Rhea of Green Rheask
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Francesca
Tarva
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:19 pm
  • Link

S'ra of White Moggeth

"You want me to impress images of fish onto your straps?" S'ra asked Moggeth, looking over the array of options.

Why would I ever want something so asinine as a representation of fish? Moggeth asked her derisively.

"Because you like them?" S'ra said, like that should've been obvious.

I like to eat them. Why would I eat the straps? That's a painfully obvious way to give myself a stomachache. He gave a massive yawn and curled up on the grass. Do what you like, I'm taking a nap before the weyrlingmasters decide we should be doing something 'productive' instead of this childish little arts and crafts project.

Well, at least he wouldn't be criticizing everyone else's art skills. S'ra turned to her fellow classmates and Bre'q. "Any suggestions? I'm not the most creative person. I was thinking maybe dying it with a lot of colors, since Moggeth is pale white? It'd make him stand out a little more in the air when we actually start flying thread."

Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath

"Whatever you think is best," Bre'q said quietly in response to S'ra's question. It felt odd to be here, for many reasons: This was her second dragon impression, she was a class of one, and she didn't really know any of these people all that well. She hadn't bothered to get to know the candidates because she hadn't thought she'd need to.

Well. That is easily addressed, Ostoriath pointed out, trotting over to the table and sitting prominently near the other humans. He was closest in size to the clutch's white, but he did not seem self-conscious in the slightest about being younger than the other dragons. Good day to you all, he said as brightly as he could for a dragon with a naturally gravelly mind voice. I do believe this is our first time meeting officially, if my rider remembers correctly. I am Ostoriath, as you know, she is Bre'q, and I of course know all of your names, but it is nonetheless a pleasure to meet you all.

Bre'q was poking at the straps. You should decorate them, he urged her.

Why? she asked. I don't care what the straps look like as long as they're functional. And I can see that you don't either. Best to just keep them plain and avoid the fuss.

This isn't about that, Ostoriath said firmly. This is a chance for you to get to know people, to bond. It'll be good for you. Try it. You may keep your designs simple, if you wish, but you will decorate your straps nonetheless. His tone brokered absolutely no argument. Bre'q heaved a sigh. She looked over the array of colors, trying to figure out which would look best against his shade of blue. Black? No, too stark. A light tan perhaps? Neutral enough. She reached across the table for the dye.
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Attolia of Cinder Attolisk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan | Soldier (flit)
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Ennis of Green Ennisk and Green Szensk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Weyrling S'ra of White Moggeth
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Hamuntep
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrling

Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:48 am
  • Link

Quentin of Brown Torrigath

Quentin was happily weaving some threads together to make decorations for Torrigath's straps. They didn't have the drawing talent to paint elaborate patterns or images on the straps, but they could dye and weave to make pretty enough patterns. Torrigath was laying on the grass next to them, invested in the color choices for his first set of straps.

I like this green, can we do something with that? He asked, pointing to a deep shade. Quentin nodded and pulled the pot of dye closer to them, they could use it on some of the harness straps, the green would look nice against Torrigath's brown hide.

Torrigath looked up as Ostoriath formally introduced himself to the group. It's a pleasure to formally meet you, Ostoriath and Bre'q. As you know, I am Torrigath and this is my rider, Quentin. We are happy to have you join us today, right Quentin?

Quentin just nodded, still focused on a particularly elaborate knot they were weaving. Torrigath's eyes swirled with pleasure that Quentin was enjoying themselves so thoroughly.

I think you should use lots of colors, S'ra. The brighter the better. He wanted S'ra to enjoy herself as much as Quentin was, even if Moggeth was not invested in the project.
nineofswords
Peacekeeper

Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:28 pm
  • Link

Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath

It's wonderful to get invited to participate with your class and its activities, Ostoriath told Torrigath. As I have no class of my own, it is a rare treat to be able to spend time among other dragons closer to me in age. It was not a fact that he usually allowed to bother him, but nonetheless, socialization was important, no matter how Bre'q felt about it. Your rider seems quite attentive to their task. Are they enjoying the exercise, or is it difficult for them? he inquired politely.

Bre'q, meanwhile, was preparing the leather to be dyed the lighter color when Ostoriath interrupted her. Stamp the leather with designs, first, he advised. Bre'q sighed. It would take longer if she did that, and the stamps were all the way across the table from her. Yes, that's rather the point. She shook her head, then gestured at the stamps. "Would someone please pass me a few stamps? I don't particularly care which ones."

S'ra of White Moggeth

S'ra smiled at Torrigath's suggestion. "I agree! Do you want to help me pick out which ones you think will look best together, or should I just throw a bunch on the leather and see what comes out?" If Moggeth didn't care overly much about what his straps looked like, it meant she could have some fun. It was an odd concept to her, getting to play around creatively like this. She'd spent so many turns trying to prepare to become a dragonrider that she hadn't afforded herself much time to slack off and goof around. This was kind of fun, she had to admit.

And with Torrigath encouraging her, it was even more fun. She felt a small twinge of envy that Torrigath wasn't her dragon, but quickly pushed it away. No. He was Quentin's, and they were good for each other. Besides, if she had Torrigath, that might leave Quentin with the white. She could handle Moggeth, but Quentin likely wouldn't do as well. Few people would, really.

I should hope you can do more than HANDLE me,[/i] the white said quietly in her mind. She glanced at him, surprised. He looked for all the world like he was still asleep, but that had definitely been his voice in her mind, listening to her idle thoughts. She'd need to remember that and not let her guard down when he was apparently asleep. I'm not just a project, surely? I can feel you wanting to laugh sometimes when I pick at the multitude of shortcomings of the lesser fools around you. His voice was as haughty as usual, but there was a...a ghost of uncertainty to his tone. He didn't need validation, exactly, but even someone as difficult as him didn't want to be outright disliked by his rider apparently. It surprised her a little. She didn't think he cared what she thought one way or another. He so rarely did the rest of the time.

S'ra leaned down and scratched at Moggeth's headknobs. You're a pain in my ass, but I wouldn't trade you, she told him privately with absolute sincerity. She'd spent too long working her butt off. If she had an easy dragon to handle, she'd probably start to get bored and need something else to challenge her. Moggeth - if nothing else - guaranteed she'd never grow bored or complacent. It was a good thing for her, in its own way.

Not like you could, even if you wanted to, Moggeth said, radiating smugness, and she immediately regretted indulging his brief flicker of doubt. That's rather painfully obvious, I should think. Anyway, have fun entertaining the children some more. Sounds dull.

S'ra stared at the straps. "What colors do you think he'd find the most annoying?" she asked Torrigath - and the rest of the table - referring to the white still pretending to sleep. Or maybe he was actually asleep. After all, the snores sounded very convincing.
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Jackrum of Brown Krusk
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Attolia of Cinder Attolisk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan | Soldier (flit)
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Ennis of Green Ennisk and Green Szensk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
Bre'q of Blue Ostoriath
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Weyrling S'ra of White Moggeth
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Hamuntep
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrling

Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:57 am
  • Link

Quentin of Brown Torrigath

They're just enjoying themselves and focused on the task. Torrigath told Ostoriath. Weaving calms them down, so this is a lesson they're enjoying quite a bit.

That's sharing a bit too much, Torrigath. Quentin privately told him with a slight frown. They don't need to know that.

Oh, I'm sorry. The pair were still having difficulty shielding thoughts from each other, and Torrigath struggled to pick through what thoughts were fine to share with others, and which Quentin preferred to keep between them. Draconic memory did not help the matter much. Maybe try talking to the others yourself? Ostoriath seems nice.

With a sigh, Quentin looked up from the pattern they had been weaving. The picked up a random handful of stamps and held them out to Bre'q. "Here you are," they said. The went back to focusing on their work.

Torrigath shook his head, then turned his attention back towards S'ra. In that case, go with the really bright colors, the more the better. I think that pink and yellow would be a good start.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux