Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

Oddballs (Flit Hatching)

To one side of the cliffs, weyr caves built into the rock gaze out over the lush but dangerous treetops of the jungle below. Home is where the heart is.
Kitarial
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:38 am
  • Link

Oddballs (Flit Hatching)

Sakura of Blue Kleeth

If young Sakura could have seen herself now, with a blue and a gold but the opposite from what she wanted, she wouldn’t have believed it. Her, a bluerider? With a faithful gold flit? Back then, she’d always dreamed of being a goldrider, a weyrwoman. Now, however, she was mostly concerned with Peony, and her increasing irritation the past few days as her eggs drew closer to hatching.

Today, the gold seemed more relaxed, which was a promising sign. That typically only happened when the eggs were finally ready to hatch and impress, which- yep, those eggs were definitely starting to crack. Wandering back over to Kleeth, to place a hand on the side of his face, she batted her eyelashes at her bonded in a way that was more jokey than anything. “Dear Kleeth, can you please announce that there are firelizard eggs to be had in my weyr?”

Too much effort… he grumbled, but gave in when Sakura began to scratch all his favourite spots. He didn’t actually mind, he just liked to complain.

My rider’s gold firelizard has eggs that are hatching, come to Sakura’s Weyr if you’d like an egg.

With that, he went back to grumbling, although by now it was more of a pleased rumble as Sakura scratched behind his headknobs. For all that he complained, Kleeth soaked up affection like a sponge, and was visibly happy to be getting that much from his rider. Was she bribing him with scratches? Yes. Was it working? Also yes.

As people began to arrive, however, the young woman would move from Kleeth’s side to Peony’s, to make sure the eggs would be distributed quickly and carefully.
High Reaches
Blue of Brown Prarirth
Cater of Blue Sprath
Chuuya of Blue Yask and White Chusk
Weyrling Fen of Blue Molloth
Tobirama of Blue Edolath
Shikamaru of Green Konoith
Fort Weyr
Enma of Garnet Enmask
Kiyoomi of Brown Chiyamath
Genma of Green Hanatarith
Seto of White Bruueyeth
Candidate Bede
Semaca Weyr
Sanvi of Bronze Sanvisk and Blue Sask
A’cheng of Garnet Quebeleth
Weyrling S’ui of Brown Buetoth
Ridelle of Blue Pothecath
Sakura of Blue Kleeth
Deng of Green Engsk
Kazuyuki of Green Kazoth
Arcane
Thread Destroyer

Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:54 am
  • Link

It had been another long, full night at Semaca. Karlach loved the southern continent. The very air seemed alive, bright with the scent of green growing things and rich with the foreign songs of strange birds and bugs. It reminded her she was alive and here and well, every time she stepped out her barrack.

Ussk was already deep asleep, their snoring a comforting rumble in the back of Karlach's mind, that she could almost hear even from across the weyr. But Karlach liked to watch the sunrise and have a last, morning meal before taking her own slumber.

So she was still awake when an unfamiliar dragon's voice announced a rider named "Sakura" was giving out firelizard eggs.

Karlach wouldn't mind a little beastie of her own. Neither would Ussk, if she knew the garnet half as well as she liked to think she did.

With a smile, Karlach asked directions to Sakura's weyr from a passing dragonrider and walked in, to be met face to face with a blue dragon and a gold firelizard.

It always took her about, how big dragons were up close, even after almost a turn of weyr life.

But a dragon couldn't help his size and most had never hurt a soul, so she gave him and his rider a wave and said, "I've a mind to try for one of your eggs here, if they're not all spoken for. I'm Karlach, of Garnet Ussk, Weyr Guard."
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Quinn of Bronze-White Louicyth
Wingleader S'bor of Bronze Yugoth
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
ACM Estelle of Brown Jaehaeryth
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Gymlin of Brown Glacendath
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
Cole of Garnet Colsk and Blue Colodeosk
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Relli of Garnet Rellivask and Blue Relsk
Augury of Blue Velveth
Chrysanthe of Blue Bidath
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Kiriani of Green Tabesleuth
Wingsecond L'ir of Green Byth
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Rhaenys of White Cosmiath
Wingleader Tyrion of White Voluntauth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Hela of Bronze Helsk and Brown Hesk
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
I'lir of Brown Belliorath
Ingrid of Brown Delinarth
Wingleader Myalla of Brown Enarth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Wingsecond D'ark of Garnet Masreith
Squadsecond Tomas of Garnet Tomask and White Tsk
Weyrling Master Camilla of Blue Kamuith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Zhuli of Blue Zhusk and Blue Lisk
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Wilred of Green Lresk and Blue Wilrsk
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Al'bus of Bronze Matanuth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
Schneizel of Bronze Damocleth
Hermione of Brown Echoneth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Maui of Garnet Mausk and Blue Mask
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
Corleon of Blue Corleosk and White Corlesk
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
Candidatemaster Naxen of Blue Anitoth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Point Rigel of Blue Cygneth
Ariel of Green Kshatriyath
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Natsuno of Green Minamith
L'ani of Green Haillenarth
Rhea of Green Rheask
Captain Vella of Green Vellask and Magma Vesk
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Athan
Tarva
Ezra
Wingsecond

Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:55 am
  • Link

Qiu of Green Flaeth

Qiu had just finished breakfast and morning drills with Flaeth when he heard the sound of Kleeth announcing firelizard eggs were hatching at Sakura's weyr. While he may not have known Sakura very well, he was not about to miss a chance to have a firelizard of his very own! Flaeth was feeding off his excitement and was a bit sad when she had to wait outside but was promised an introduction to their new family member later if he made it in time.

Making his way to Sakura's weyr, he knocked quietly then entered, a grin on his face and was radiating excitement. " Hello Sakura! Beautiful morning for a hatching eh? And how is our lovely mother to be? Why isn't she just gorgeous?" He replied, offering a smile at Peony as well, but knew well better enough not to try to get too close or to pet the firelizard, good way to get bit that and it would be well deserved too.

Standing back so that he was not blocking the doorway, he folded his arms behind his head, leaning back against a wall. This was all just so exciting!
Windra
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:12 am
  • Link

Wherhandler Traze of Garnet Azesk

Morning. Why did it have to be morning?

Traze just got back from duties about an hour ago. She'd settled in with a nice warm bath that aimed to soothe her aching muscles. Azesk was happily dozing in her own little alcove. The garnet preferred her bathing to be after waking - it helped to snap her into good humor and awaken her senses. But Traze? Well, she'd just rolled onto her bedskin. Warm fur encircled her body. Fluffy pillow under her head, softness under her body, lead-filled eyelids began to close -

Flits coming. Azesk's head did not snap up, but her multi-faceted eyes did open. Morning hatch. Good sign. Bright sun, bright baby. Bring back friend?

"It's good to know you are in good spirits," Traze groaned. It took a minute, maybe a minute too long, for her to muster herself into a sitting position. This was going to be a long day. And an even longer night. "You coming?"

Nope. Azesk was asleep again. How could she knock out so hastily?

Traze wasn't the kind to go out of her way to wow somebody. She didn't bother donning flashy clothes or jangly jewelry. Her nightgown was good enough. They would deal - or they wouldn't. It wasn't her problem. She stopped by the kitchens on her way to Sakura's weyr to fetch a pail of herdbeast meat and hobbled on sleepy feet until she joined the others awaiting a flit.

"Mornin'," she uttered huskily. She freed a hand from the small pail to rub her eyes. "Traze of Garnet Azesk, from Mizurka Squad. Can I get in on this flit hatching mess?" Moody, cranky, tired. Traze doubled back on her words. Being rude wasn't something she should be right now. "If'n any are left, I mean. Please."
Dragon
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:23 am
  • Link

Giana of Bronze Goranask

Gi and Goranask had actually talked a little about getting a flit, and when the chance came up as Goranask was heading to bed after their night on patrol Gi decided to stay up a little bit longer and head to this Sakura's weyr to try for an egg. She hoped that they wouldn't all be spoken for!

Following the overheard directions to Sakura's weyr, Giana smiled at the rider with the pretty gold flit. "There are firelizard eggs?" she asked, her interest clearly piqued. "I'm Giana of Bronze Goranask. We'd love to have a flit if there are enough eggs."
nineofswords
Weyrwoman

Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:28 am
  • Link

Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk - Sakura, Karlach, Giana

Dunsmith didn't make it a habit to stay up too late past his bedtime, but for whatever reason he just could not fall asleep that morning. It was keeping Dunsk up too, which made the brown cranky. Although Dunsmith often thought of his brown as cranky. When the dragon made an announcement to the Weyr, Dunsmith scowled. "Ugh...too early. Can't these firelizards hatch at a more sensible time? Or their keepers not bother us about it?"

Dunsk regarded Dunsmith for a long moment. Get one, he finally said.

"Why?" Dunsmith asked with a laugh.

Can carry messages faster than boat. Is useful. Dunsmith scrutinized his wher carefully. That seemed...oddly reasonable coming from him. Not pushy or preachy, like usual.

Dunsmith finally sighed. "Fine. I'll go see if there's any left. Not like I'm getting any sleep today anyway," he added, and ambled out of the room. The wher was probably just trying to get him out of the room so he could sleep. Still, he'd never seen a firelizard hatching. This could be educational.

He eventually found his way to the young woman's weyr. Several people were gathered there already. Dunsmith yawned, letting it get slightly more exaggerated than he might've otherwise. "Goodness, it is past my bedtime," he said with goodnatured cheer. He gave a bow with a bit of a flourish to the bluerider. "But a good morning to you, my dear. I heard there were eggs, and I thought to come see what all the fuss was about."

He looked around at the others gathered and was surprised to see one of his own squadmates here. He ambled over to her. "It's Karlach, right?" he said. "I'm surprised to see another wherhandler here. It's far too late for us, if you ask me. Well, perhaps not for you. You're young, and the young always do like to stay up well past their bedtime. As for me, I have a case of old man insomnia today, and I was kicked out of my own room by my own wher so he could sleep. Thought I'd try for a flit for lack of anything better to do." He seemed allergic to waiting quietly, needing to chatter.

He looked over when someone else walked in, then did a double take as he recognized her from his squad as well. "Well goodness me, if it isn't a veritable Weyr guard reunion in here!" he said with a laugh that was both surprised and delighted. He waved to her. "Please, come, join your fellow sleep-deprived squad members here, and tell us what keeps you up instead of sensibly in your bed."
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Wherling Ennis of Green Ennisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Weyrling Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
Arcane
Thread Destroyer

Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:47 am
  • Link

"Life'd get pretty forsking grim, without ever seeing the daylight again. Especially when the Semacan sun's so fine and bright and the jungle's so forsking colorful. Worth staying up to catch those first rays," Karlach said, with a bright smile, "'Sides, I always was a morning person. Guess I still am, even though morning's the end of the day and not the start of it now."

Forsk it was good not to be the only wherhandler here.

Karlach was never quite sure what to say, to dragonrider types.

"I've always liked the little critters myself," Karlach said, eyeing the firelizard eggs, "And Ussk could use another friend or two to keep them company."

The wher was, in their own unique way, kind of a people person.
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Augury of Blue Velveth
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Rhea of Green Rheask
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Athan
Tarva
AtlasHyperion
Peacekeeper

Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:08 pm
  • Link

Mak of Bronze Valask

Mak had been lying in her bed when the call went out. It was the time when any self-respecting handler should be asleep, if not heading to bed. She was trying to sleep, Faranth knew that. But, no matter how many times she tossed and turned, it just wasn't in the cards. Lucky Valask, the bronze was already knocked out and snoring. Mak couldn't help but roll her eyes every time he huffed or puffed in his sleep.

Once her (admittedly very tired) mind processed what the dragon had said, she mulled it over. If she got a flit, she could train it to run errands, send messages, the whole nine yards. It would be a practical investment, that's for sure. Mak sighed, rolling out of bed and putting something acceptable on before heading down to Sakura's weyr.

"Morning," she said to the rider holding the Hatching. "Makvala of Bronze Valask. I heard there were firelizard eggs available. I'd like one." Mak looked around at the crowd who had gathered, seeing a bunch of fellow handlers. Interesting, she wondered if they were all having difficulty sleeping as well. The squads would be working suboptimally in the evening if so, she was sure.
Fort Weyr
Aries of Bronze Vereigth
L'uke of Bronze Paleskyth | Green Kyber
Ony'ra of Bronze Sekigaeith
Cal of Brown Langeth | Blue Wing & Gold Daylight
Driscoll of Brown Lobsevith | Canine Sam
Johnny of Brown Cobreth
Sr. Weyrleader Negan of Brown Wireth | Blue Walker & Blue Roamer
Rainbow of Blue Rasuneth
Zhenya of Blue Kraskath | Green Ksyusha
D'eryn of Green Hachimath
Er'sa of Green Kapitath
Reign of Green Asakurth
Serras of Green Inashtath
T'rix of Green Clohoth | Green Daisy May
Laurie of White Lacheith
Qrow of White Brachyth | Gold Firecracker & Garnet Pipsqueak
Vox of White Varelsith | Bronze Baker's Dozen & Sonora Sunrise
Dawn Squadleader Theseus of Gold Thesk
Wherleader Reinhardt of Bronze Reinsk
Misun of Brown Emissk and Green Misusk | Gold Lonny
Journeyman Starsmith Bastille of Garnet Bassk
Briayse of Garnet Briaysk
Jimmy of Garnet Jamesk
Journeyman Smith Geoffrey of Blue Eldreosk
Journeyman Healer Jonathan of Green Jonask
KV of Green Kirvisk
Journeyman Harper Tommy of Green Tomsk
Dragonless Matyll
High Reaches Weyr
Zagreus of Gold Galdeneth | Garnet Cerberus
Caleb of Bronze Marceth
Firestorm Wingsecond T'lery of Bronze Maskerath
Weyrling Elise of Brown Mririhgith
Graemerre of Garnet Ofereth
Scarlet of Garnet Phalanth
Dennys of Blue Vilkarath
Apprentice Miner Le'nore of Blue Vickoth | Garnet Bajiquan
Journeyman Healer Moira of Blue Deoraith
Wheatley of Blue Usurth
D'ot of Green Mystreth
Florian of Green Uesugith
CM Pomegranate of Green Lyth | Bronze Arils
Iovi of Bronze Zerusavisk | Gold Sundrop
Andreyane of Brown Andreysk
Dante of Brown Dansk and Brown Ask | White Rebellion
Shoresy of Garnet Shorsk | Green Big Sexy
Sonic of Garnet Sonisk
Jr. Weyrleader Connor of Blue Andorsk and Hemimorphite Connosk | Canine Sumo & Garnet Traci
Master Vinter Glaidan of Blue Glaisk
Linny of Blue Linirask
Laoghaire of Blue Laosk | Bronze Gilleasbuig
Aida of Green Aidask | White Boots
Ascelin of Green Celisk
Journeyman Smith Ash of Green Assk | Green Boomstick
AWM Joel of Green Joesk
Volo of White Volosk
Headwoman Nanette | Brown Boreas & White Notos
Weyrbrat Galina | Brown Stripe
Semaca Weyr
Kenn'y of Azurite Iscaroth | Garnet Ruby
Snake of Brown Emmerith | Canine Sunny
Journeyman Healer J'velle of Garnet Selulath
L'ux of Garnet Ambraliath | White Coal
Tec'na of Garnet Melodith
Wild of Garnet Kagerith | Gold Triforce
Minuet Wingleader Blumiere of Blue Nastasiath
He'ra of Blue Entreneurth | Snake Sonder
Lori of Blue Raerth | Blue Skip-It
Nikola of Blue Manarth
O'dair of Blue Ovisreth
Chopin Wingleader Rogers of Blue Tesseth
Sportacus of Blue Kidulth
Journeyman Healer Victor of Blue Taeth
F'ythe of Green Padaranth | Blue Esda
Kihaza of Green Ariaath
Rhys of Green Vauth
R'inash of Green Ioth
Pirate Weyrling Tetra of Green Yilylath | Gold Goddess
K'ymask of White Lothwyth
Mak of Bronze Valask | Brown Petryshyn
Bella of Garnet Bellask | Green Plumbob
Journeyman Healer Borealis of Blue Borealisk
Wherleader Lacra of Blue Mioarask | Gold Luminita
Journeyman Harper Hedroom of Green Hedrosk
Spengler of Green Spesk
Dimentio of White Disk | White Prognosticus
Valentine of White Valensk | Green Piper
Journeyman Harper Mondlicht
Journeyman Healer Vokonis | Green Charo
Pirate Candidate Karofka | Feline Sir Meowsalot
Pirate Conway | Brown No-Name
Dragon
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:11 pm
  • Link

Giana of Bronze Goranask - Dunsmith, Karlach

There were two other members of the Weyr Guard here! Gi smiled at the pair of the pair of wherhandlers, waving in greeting. She was starting to learn to identify her squadmates, and could successfully ID Dunsmith and Karlach. The brownhandler and the garnethandler were in the 'new friends' category, for all that Gi didn't really know them yet.

"It's a beautiful morning and my eyes are not as sensitive as Goranask's are! Besides, Goranask and I were actually talking about me Impressing a flit recently; we think that one could be a good addition to our lives."

It had all really come up in a meal with Zinaida from Chopin Squad and meeting her flit Scone. It hadn't really occurred to her that their nocturnal lifestyle would be conducive to a flit before then, but now she was excited about the idea! "I mean, that's what all three of us are here for, right? The flit eggs."
Calingaladha
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:01 pm
  • Link

Garma of Green Vranath

Garma, as well as a good portion of the Weyr, had been treated to an announcement of doom from the ever-watchful Vranath. Unable to convince the green that a flit hatching was actually not an apocalyptic event, she had decided to go see it instead, and at least hopefully appease her dragon.

"I'm sorry for the noise, Vranath gets very excitable." she apologized as she entered the Weyr with a small bow, though she was sure everyone had been personally victimized by her dragon's thespian nature at some point. "It's a beautiful clutch, I've never seen their eggs up close. I hope I might be allowed to get a little closer." She dipped her head to the gold flit as well. Could never be too polite to a clutchmother, after all.
Fort Weyr

Weyrling Alara of Garnet Alubrath
Edward of Bronze Warsk
Wafflous, the fighting cook

Semaca Weyr
Saralia of White Nahangyth
Xanatos the Journeyman Smith
Garma of Green Vranath

High Reaches Weyr
Kovu, Herder
Mahi of Garnet Kubith
Lark the Harper
Kitarial
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:40 pm
  • Link

Sakura of Blue Kleeth

A veritable reunion of the squads indeed. Several wherhandlers had shown up for eggs - a surprise, since many of them should be getting ready to go to bed just about now, she thought. So many wherhandlers staying up for the chance at a flit egg made her want to scold them- their health and ability to safely complete their duties came before the silly things known as flits.

To Karlach, she was polite, offering her a faint smile. Looking to her flit for permission, she scooped up a small turquoise egg to hand to the handler. “They’re quite useful. Careful, though, they do like eating things they shouldn’t, or chewing things they shouldn’t.”

When Qiu came in, she laughed, handing him a rosy pink egg now that she knew Peony wouldn’t bite her for doing so. “She’s doing well. A bit grumpy, earlier, but she seems to have calmed,” she responded, it was indeed a fine morning for it.

Traze received a raised eyebrow as a bright red egg was handed off, Sakura desperately wanting to tell the sleepy handler to go to bed. But she didn’t, offering a half smile before moving on to the next person. Wow, her Weyr was sure filling up fast.

Giana got a nod, being handed an orange egg in quick succession. “Still plenty of eggs to get through,” she answered.

Dunsmith received much the same response, a dark blue egg that seemed on the verge of splitting open being shoved into his hands.

Next to come in was Mak.her Weyr seemed full of handlers, though as long as they spared her having to take care of all of Peony’s babies, she didn’t mind at all. One flit was fine. 12 was not. “Of course!”she said, pulling an odd green egg from Peony’s pot of warm sand to give to the handler.

Finally, the newest person she saw was Garma. Wasn’t Garma the one whose dragon had risen early? She could faintly recall it. “You’re welcome to try and find your way through the crowd, just don’t try to get right into the pot with the eggs. Peony’s letting me distribute them, but she won’t tolerate anybody reaching their hand right in.” Sakura explained to her, offering up a sunny yellow egg.

In the next moment, though, a crack! split the Weyr as the first egg split wide open, spilling a flit into Karlach’s hands. A green!

High Reaches
Blue of Brown Prarirth
Cater of Blue Sprath
Tobirama of Blue Edolath
Fort Weyr
Enma of Garnet Enmask
Seto of White Bruueyeth
Candidate Bede
Semaca Weyr
Sakura of Blue Kleeth
Deng of Green Engsk
Kazuyuki of Green Kazoth
Arcane
Thread Destroyer

Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:53 pm
  • Link

Karlach chuckled at the warning, "Wouldn't be much of a wherhandler if I was scared off by a bit of mouthing now, would I? Half the forsking wherlets I've met are all teeth and mouths and bad ideas."

The egg was a pretty little thing, with a shell the color of the Semacan sea. It lay smooth in Karlach's palm, still warm from the sands.

She didn't have long to wait, before it (loudly) split into two, revealing a little green with ravenous eyes. Karlach smiled down at her, with warm eyes, and offered her a bit of sweetroll. Not the healthiest of snacks, but what was a forsking nameday without a bit of sugar?

"Welcome to the world, little one. Ussk is going to be sharding thrilled to meet you. I promise."

Right on cue, Ussk stirred in her barrack from across the weyr, feeling a new presence join their collective, We are hungry. Will be fed. Are alone. Will be one. Share with you our gift.
Fort
Essa of Bronze Gectusith
Hunter of Bronze Yndesk
Allag of Brown Babyloth
Daphne of Brown Ogatath
Faralyn of Brown Grooth
Ieyasu of Brown Ieyask
P'pin of Brown Palath
T'rin of Brown Celeth
G'er of Garnet Neozeoth
Lily of Garnet Eridieth
N'ell of Garnet Pamith
Augury of Blue Velveth
Gellera of Blue Virtrath
Korra of Blue Raavath
Kyoshi of Blue Rugrunth
Miryem of Blue Riwenth
Thor of Blue Hinokath
Sam'in of Blue Salineath
Adora of Green Meilith
Elyron of Green Elyrosk
Quintar of Green Task
S'atyl of Green Nineveth
Makoto of White Usakinth
M'ieln of White Hroth
Actaeon
Mithras
High Reaches
Cynthia of Gold Eliask
Ce'na of Bronze Noath
Azul of Brown Claarisath
Di'a of Brown Kasshuth
Dobby of Brown Kersuth
Th'ou of Brown Pavith
Edda of Blue Katakurth
Jace of Blue Gallath
Jae of Blue Zappath
Sayla of Blue Sacroth
Sha'm of Blue Taarisoth
Tamara of Blue Requeth
Ya'ra of Blue Dymrith
Yvaen of Blue Bolduth
Kanon of Green Kibeth
Kip of Green Amizuth
Numann of Green Rannath
Raine of Green Spriggth
Sokka of Green Wintrath
T'ir of Green Blysith
Riku of White Taissath
Aragon
Pyeta
Semaca Weyr
Arena of Void Oscamith
Alayna of Gold Wyzeth
Noor of Bronze Nuunieth
K'zon of Brown Rurosuth
Sage of Brown Wisketoth
Shuri of Brown Motath
Varda of Brown Magmeth
Ei of Garnet Eisk
Karlach of Garnet Ussk
Ly'nk of Garnet Sakuyath
Uruk of Garnet Georsath
Artemis of Blue Phoebuth
D'vir of Blue Cainhurth
N'aya of Blue Ilouth
Eleanor of Green Elsk
Eli'us of Green Sallith
Mi'wa of Green Ephiith
Rhea of Green Rheask
V'rell of Green Peridoth
Wyatt of Green Emilith
Laera of White Tarth
Kowal of White Kowalsk
Pasca of White Judgmeth
R'tan of White Mazath
Steward Molly
Athan
Tarva
Kitarial
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:06 pm
  • Link

The next egg to hatch was not the one that was almost entirely cracked, the one Dunsmith had been given. Instead, the top popped off the egg in Qiu’s hands, a chittering flit climbing out and straight up the rider’s arm. A brown! And one who seemed perfectly content to keep making noise, rather than being fed. Yeah, that one would be fine. Peony, still guarding the remaining eggs, chirped from her spot in the pot of sand.

High Reaches
Blue of Brown Prarirth
Cater of Blue Sprath
Tobirama of Blue Edolath
Fort Weyr
Enma of Garnet Enmask
Seto of White Bruueyeth
Candidate Bede
Semaca Weyr
Sakura of Blue Kleeth
Deng of Green Engsk
Kazuyuki of Green Kazoth
Dragon
Candidate

Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:13 pm
  • Link

Giana of Bronze Goranask - Karlach, Qiu

Gi's attention was pulled away from her fellow wherhandlers by the bright orange egg that was pressed into her hands. Oh, wow, what a shell. She was going to have to keep some of that and do something artistic with it! She wished she could have saved some of Goranask's shell but, well, seeing as she'd been a week old when he'd hatched ... that wasn't really a feasible thought. But this shell! Definitely a keepsake.

And then two of the flits hatched in rapid succession! A green and a brown. Nice. "They're super cute," she told Karlach and the dragonrider, holding her own egg gingerly so as to be sure not to harm it as she waited for it to hatch.
nineofswords
Weyrwoman

Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:16 pm
  • Link

Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk - Karlach, Giana, Sakura

"Oh, to be sure, the sun has its charms, but there is something about the night as well. The stars are stunning, the moons equally so, and the jungle no less majestic for the shadows." He laughed. "Still, I can hardly begrudge you your love of the sun. There is something so...so pleasant about lazing in a warm sunbeam. I suppose I can hardly begrudge you youngsters your love of the sunlight. But I'm an old wherry, can't be bothered to learn how to live in the daylight after so many terns as a wherhandler."

"I fully admit, I'm looking forward to Dunsk having someone else to fuss over that isn't me," Dunsmith admitted to his squadmates. "I'm half convinced he believes himself to be my mother, truth to tell."

"Oh, goodness," Dunsmith said as the egg was pushed at him. "Thank you. Well, this one certainly seems impatient, doesn't it?" He nodded in thanks at Sakura, but held it awkwardly, like he wasn't entirely sure the best way to do it. It had been a long time since he'd held an infant, and never a draconic one. "Erm...it's stopped moving," he said, showing the other two. "It seemed so frantic before. Do you think it's alright?" Wouldn't that be just typical, if he had inadvertently harmed the young one somehow without realizing.

He smiled at Karlach, though, when her green emerged. "Well, she's certainly pretty. Congratulations!"
Fort
L'fy of Brown Dioth
B'layk of Blue Radarth
Wingsecond G'las of Green Quenith | Dazzle (flit)
Y'olai of White Tsukasath
Columbo of Blue Lumsk
Ronica of White Onisk and Brown Osk
Assistant Headwoman Houlihan
Candidate Bronson | Apolline (flit)
Candidate Heiro | Thetis (flit)
High Reaches
Dani of Bronze Bladeth | Ceecee (flit)
Barca of Brown Brynth
Healer's Wingleader Y'ang of Brown Kullilth | Bokhee (flit)
Elross of Blue Hisahith
Weyrling Ry'n of Green Yuelith
Dukat of Bronze Dusk
Maritza of Garnet Arisk
Wherling Ennis of Green Ennisk
Weyrfolk Anabella
Candidate Miguel
Candidate Nayru
Wher Candidate Haron
Semaca
M'ten of Garnet Noggoth
Weyrleader B'ram of Blue Sininulth | Sunrise (flit)
D'ax of Blue Firarith | Kahless (flit)
F'lin of Green Eraelth | Rusty (flit)
Weyrling Tychon of Green Ezanath | Thalassa Narcissa (bird)
Dunsmith of Brown Dunsk | Filly (flit)
Rosethorn of Garnet Thornsk and Brown Rosesk
Candidate Scara
Bre'q
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux