Questions? Interested in OOC chat? Click here to come join us on Discord!

For the Joy of It [Open]

Fel
Thread Conqueror

Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:54 am
  • Link

For the Joy of It [Open]

Caffeth set down on the lake shore, her eyes whirling green and blue with delight. I told you that we needed that, did I not? Flying for no reason save for the joy of it, finding pretty flowers to braid into your hair... We needed a day where we didn't owe anything to anyone.

Yes, yes, and I'm sure none of it whatsoever was a ploy to get me to bathe and oil you particularly thoroughly, Saerin replied as she slid down from the side of her dragon. I can tell when you're nearing that time of the season, you know.

Welllll, the green said, dragging out the end of the word. Perhaps if you don't mind, would you? Please

Of course I don't mind. Not when it's for you. Though Saerin had to admit that privately, she sometimes did resent just how much time the green took to care for. Sometimes. A little. And then she remembered just how much better off she was for the green. Besides, I brought the supplies along anyway. As I said, I know you well enough by now.

Thank you!

Caffeth waited only long enough for the riding straps to be removed before wading out into the water to rinse herself off. Standing on shore, Saerin reached up to touch one of the flowers in her curly, dark hair as she watched her dragon immerse herself in the cool water. Being a rider was a lot of work, and even in the relative safety of Pavane Squad, it was often dangerous work.

But it was also wonderful.

So engrossed in the scene before her, Saerin was unaware of anyone else approaching.
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:44 pm
  • Link

K'mina whooped into the warm spring air as Gurrenth started to descend from the sky. Lagann trilled happily behind the pair, flying at her own pace behind them. The trio were still adjusting to life on the southern continent, where thread wasn't as looming and there was so much work to be done on the ground to keep things running. They had been so busy that time had crept up on them, and it was time for Gurrenth to get bathed and oiled, so they were flying to the lake to do just that.

K'mina, there's someone down here already, the timid garnet indicated to her handler. Let's go somewhere else.

Are you kidding me? Kamina fired back with a laugh. He peered over the side of his partner. It's just another rider and their dragon, not a pack of spotties. We're giving you your bath here.

Gurrenth sighed, defeated as she carefully landed on shore, a good distance from the other pair. Her feet had barely touched the ground before K'mina was sliding off her and shouting at the other rider. "Hello! Great day for a bath, right?"
Fel
Thread Conqueror

Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:53 am
  • Link

Saerin turned to see the other rider at the sound of the shout, and a quick grin crossed her face at the sight. She certainly wouldn't say no to some company, especially since it would make Caffeth even happier than the bath alone.

"It definitely is!" she replied cheerfully. Not that she believed it was a strictly true sentence, because there were far more enjoyable things in life than scrubbing a dragon and therefore a day that was only average was a better day for it, but she supposed it wasn't a bad thing to have nice weather.

Caffeth surfaced in the water, shaking water from her head. Hello! she called. She spread her wings partially to allow herself to float. The water is very nice, you should get in.
FirebrandPhlox
Weyrfolk

Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:30 pm
  • Link

K'mina grinned back as he went to taking the riding straps off Gurrenth. "Name's K'mina! This is my partner Gurrenth. We just got down here at the end of the last turn. Hard to believe it's already time for Gurrenth to get oiled again!"

H...hello. Gurrenth said meekly as she slid into the water. It was as nice as the green said it was. She closed her eyes and sighed as she allowed herself to relax a bit in the lake.

K'mina whooped again as he stripped down to his undergarments and went running into the water behind his bonded. He might as well have a bit of fun before getting to work scrubbing.
phpBB Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux